Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-29-2010, 11:42 PM   #616  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I went ahead and had what hubby made for dinner. I had:

1/2 c. bean soup

1 pc. corn bread

For my snack I had a 4oz container of Activia yogurt.

Calories for the day are approximately 1250. Let's hope I can stay out of the rest of the cornbread until bedtime!

I did another hour on the Wii. I unlocked the "advanced" Super Hula game. O....M....G!! My legs were jello when I was finished it the second time. I did the Basic run, the island run and Rhythm Parade. I love Rhythm Parade. I wasn't going to stop, but everyone was going to bed and I didn't want the noise to keep them up.

I just resupplied my stock of Raw Chai Oatmeal and I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and eat it! LOL! I had the rare opportunity to go to the grocery store by myself, no kids and no husband, and I LOOVED it. I bought myself some healthy, yummy snacks, and I've already planned my meals tomorrow.

Hopefully the scales say I have a loss, because this morning they said I gained 3lbs!!! (the Wii said I gained .2lbs). I think my bathroom scales might have been dropped though. I found them on the floor in front of the shelves they are usually on. The little plastic thing that goes over the display had skewed to one side, and was almost falling inside the scales. O_O I hope it isn't broken, I just bought it!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:10 AM   #617  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Bleh, caved for chocolates this evening! Was doing really, really good. Then this evening just had a huge craving for them. Doled out most of the chocolates to my four wandering trash cans (lol I LOVE that term!) so there won't be more to tempt me!

That is my strategy. If there is something in the house that tempts me, have some of it and give lots to the kids so it isn't there to tempt me again! lol

Went over calorie budget by about 400 calories today I am guessing. We had a chocolate orange of which i had about 6 slices and also one cookie.

Ah well, it could have been lots, lots worse.

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:58 AM   #618  

S/C/G: See Ticker

I didn't eat much yesterday -- I didn't have much of an appetite. I'm getting sick I think

Breakfast/Lunch
Lean Cuisine Pizza - 350 calories

Dinner
Chicken & cheese wrap - approx 425 calories

I walked 2 miles at the gym on the treadmill. Which I am most definitely feeling today...haven't worked out in a while.

Will post my plan for today later. I was way under yesterday so I need to be sure to eat more today.

Stay beautiful everyone!

Last edited by KaylaChristine; 12-30-2010 at 09:12 AM.
KaylaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #619  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Good Morning I had a super controlled eating day. Apx 1005 calories all healthy.
I have a mentor who wants me walking 6 days a week for 2 miles daily. I have 3 weeks to get up to that. For me it sounds like a lot, but im sure its not once i get started. Any input would be great.
Thanks..Debbie

So many questions.....sooo

What is raw chai oatmeal?

Getting started on walking? Any input?

Does anyone 'make' up food in advance and freeze little packages?

I do this when im in good control of my eating, and i find it very helpful for me. Im retired, and my dh is out on disability. We do not eat the same foods, and i do very little cooking. I do find the 'frozen' little packages of homemade meals working well.

thanks everyone..have a super day. debbie
debbieOBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:09 AM   #620  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, I caved and ate 4 cookies... our base players wife always sends some sort of snack with him to practice, which is really nice of her... but it means I have a bunch of left over cookies in my pantry. Those 4 cookies however fell within my calorie allotment. I had eaten filling low cal foods all day, and it couldn't have worked better if I planned it! LOL. I reached for that 4th cookie, and you know what? It didn't taste the same... the first one was DELICIOUS!, this one not so much... so I put them away. (I filled up on homemade pea soup, and the cookies lost their power... trust me, the last one must have tasted as good as the first, it just didn't win... LOL)

The cookies are now safely hidden out of sight, and I am not going to have any today. Not because I feel I can't handle a cookie, it's just "punishment" for having 4 of them yesterday, LOL
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 AM   #621  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Ande: Don't sweat those cookies so hard if they were in your calorie budget. It could've been worse right? You're doing great!

Debbie: Welcome to the forum!!! We're glad you're here! As far as getting started walking, my advice is to put on some headphones and some great music and hop on a treadmill. Don't be scared. Start off at a slow speed to get yourself used to walking on it and then increase your speed a little to start getting your heart pumping. Don't overdo it. It's very easy to do. (I do it all the time. LOL) I also like to cook in bulk and then seperate it out in the freezer to have some healthy go-to foods in my fridge. It's a great idea. Best of luck!

Kayla: Hope you feel better. Great job on the 2 miles!

Roxanne: Stay strong. You're doing great! I agree with you, last night could have been so much worse. But it wasn't. That's a victory all by itself!

Pint: You are rocking my world with those Wii workouts! I can't wait for the day that I can afford to buy one. LOL

Shells: Hey girl! Great job on having only 2 chocolates. I could never do that. Once I get near a bag of them, I strap that bag on my face like a feedbag! Yep, I sure do!

So I'm down .2 today and I'm happy about it. I think it may have been more but I did 25 push ups yesterday and my arms are SOOO sore today. I think I may be holding onto a little water from that. Going to the gym today for my C25K Week 5 Day 3: the dreaded 20 min run. I am nervous, excited, scared, and confident about it. I know I can do it. I know I can. Send positive vibes girls, I need them today.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:59 AM   #622  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Debbie: I walk a lot, I am "training" for a hike this summer. Get a good pair of hiking boots. Stretch well before and after you go! Swinging your arms also ups the calories used. And enjoy it. I have started walking along a trail we call the Greenway. It is a great nature trail. Beautiful sights. Also, just some info...are you eating enough calories? I don't know how tall you are or how much you weigh or how active you are during the day...but 1,000 is really on the low side. There are plenty of sights out there that will tell you what you should be eating for calories. I use activetrax. Fitday might also do the same. But it would be a good idea to investigate it.

Andejean: Don't worry about the cookies, its a new day and at least you realized that you werent enjoying them at the end of eating

Vixsin: Lol your description of the bag of chocolates had me laughing! Good luck on that run!!! Let us know how it goes please!

Kayla: Welcome and I hope you feel better!

Pint: Another headache this morning, not as bad. I think you may be right, I think it might be allergies. I also realized it is way worse when the heater kicks on at night. I have a down pillow though so am going to take that one outside and beat it. The others I will was. Thanks for the advice, I will see how it goes. I think I am also going to get more active about vacuuming. We are kinda lazy about it got to admit.

Todays plan:

B: Strawberry Delight Parfait

L: chicken thigh, 1 can of green beans

D: Split pea soup with ham and sourdough bread

Snack: red delicious apple

Let's see if I can do better food wise today!

Exercise: Walking for an hour again. Not sure where. Possibly Greenway again. If it is too nasty I will go to the gym and walk, they have an indoor track!
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #623  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Apparently I gained. According to my regular scale, which I checked, it said I weighed 155, but the Wii said I weighed 154. Yesterday I was at 153.6 on the Wii and 155.6 on my scales. I checked the Wii and the regular scales with a 20lb weight, and both were within .2lbs, so I have no idea what to think. My fingers, face and legs were fairly swollen, so maybe it was water weight. *sigh* Oh well. Gotta keep on keepin' on.

Raw Chai Oatmeal is from Better Oats. It's oatmeal that comes 5 packets to a box and runs about 99cents per box. They have 160 calories, and the Chai flavored (the one I get) is multi-grain. They are so hearty and delicious! Very filling too! This morning I put 1/4 c. of almonds on top of it and enjoyed. Mmmm!

I started taking another multivitamin today. I had REALLY slacked off on taking them for about a month and a half now. I'm taking the multi in the morning and a Viactive Calcium chew before bed to make sure I'm getting calcium since I haven't been drinking milk or eating dairy (except for Activia yogurt). I really hope i see the scale move soon.

Roxanne, try getting a hypo-allergenic pillow. I know down pillows can wreak havoc on allergies. I know dusting is a big thing in our house because it's AWFUL. I dust every other day and it's just disgusting how much dust accumulates. And yep, my allergies get worse when the heater is on. We had our vents cleaned last year and it didn't help at all.

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 12-30-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #624  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Oh yeah, ten days off work starts now *dances*

That means ten days of no snarky comments from my colleagues and ten days where I can go to the gym during DAYLIGHT HOURS. Yeahhh!

Bit happy, as you can tell ^^

Food was again horribly unoriginal: Porridge, salami salad and then just now scrambled eggs and bacon.

I need to do my own shopping, methinks :/
Wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:12 PM   #625  

Thank you Roxann, i did hit the gym, and the the treads were not available, so i did a bike. Very fancy, i could pick my landscape, measure just about everything. I did 1 mile and i was pretty proud. I then did apx 20 minutes upper body strength machines. This new gym is top of the line. The best part...its free.

This afternoon, i hurt, my legs, knees, but my arms are ok. lol I have taken 2 pain pills, and i must exercise tomorrow.

About my calories 1000 works well for me, but i do allow myself up to 1200. That is my Dr recommendation.

IM so happy to be here! Have an awesome evening Everyone!

debbie
Old 12-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #626  

Talking

I researched raw chai oatmeal, and i hope to find it. I have never heard of this brand, but i shall start looking. I was doing some nutritional comparison, and i found Quaker now has a high fiber oatmeal, so im going to try that also. lol Its an age thing i think.

Yeah W 10 days off:enjoy!

Im having a super eating healthy day. Im at 820 healthy calories, and im thinking about getting to bed early.

I think somone asked my stats, im 60 and i started yesterday at 283 lbs. Im 5ft 4in standing on a piece of paper. I have lost and gained weight all my adult life. Its really taking a toll on my knees, and im thinking its hard at my age.

I will not give UP...my promise to you. debbie
Old 12-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #627  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Hi everyone! Still battling the sickies, here. *sigh*

Debbie--Good job on the healthy eating! This group of ladies have been my bestest supporters!

Wysteria--Enjoy your 10 (wow!!) days off!!

Pint--I'm horrible at taking a multivitamin. I really need to keep that up.

Roxan--Your parfait sounds yummy!! What did you put in it?

Vixsin--I literally laughed out loud so much at your description that my dh said "Ok, I need to know what's so funny now...". Positive vibes being sent your way!!

Andejean--Aw, it's not so terrible if they fit into your calories. That's the great thing about calorie counting. If you want a little (or big!) splurge, then you plan accordingly. Good idea putting them out of sight though.

Kayla--Boo to getting sick. I hope you feel better soon.

Today's Info:

Weight: Bouncy
Exercise: None. Extremely congested.

Breakfast: Coffee (don't usually skip breakfast, but I slept waaaay in, thanks to my loving dh who stayed home because I was sick)
Snack: handful cashews
Lunch: 1 slice whole grain bread, fat free clam chowder
Snack: 3 chocolates
Dinner: 5 Latkes and caramelized onions
Snack: Sugar snap peas, hummus

Calories: 1,421

I won't be around tomorrow. I have to take my eldest to a b'day party and then pick my mom up from the airport. I will be around to post the new thread on January 1st!

Happy New Years, everyone!!!

Last edited by shellsbrood; 12-30-2010 at 07:55 PM.
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #628  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Well girls, I did it!!!! I made it through the dreaded 20 minute run. And you know what, it was almost easy. ALMOST! I powered through like a champ. I didn't have to slow my pace at all and when I got to 18 minutes, I full on sprinted for the last 2 minutes. OMG!!!! I feel amazing! I am sure I'll feel it tomorrow and may even have a gain but whatever. I have reached my December goal and the first huge milestone with my running program and I feel great.

Oh...and TOM showed up this afternoon. Why can't I have a free month and TOM take a vacation?!

I'm glad everyone enjoyed my chocolate covered feed bag. I'll be checking in tomorrow to post my weight and whatnot. So glad that I am off tomorrow!!

Sweet dreams all!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:32 PM   #629  
Lazy Daisy

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 7.5"

I am staying within my calories today (more or less). I normally eat anywhere from 3000 to 4000 calories per day and now I am trying to stay below 1700. I am about that today. I am hoping the scale keeps acknowledging my efforts! Started cutting calories this week and as of this morning am down 2 pounds. Only 28 more to go!
lazydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:14 PM   #630  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Lazy Daisy!

Roxanne - Chocolate is my weakness! I think you did pretty darn good!

Kayla - Sounds like you got in a great work out!

Debbie - I think cooking and freezing food is a great idea!

Ande - I think you did pretty good...only 4 cookies! Gosh, sweets always get me!

Vixsin - I KNEW you'd kicked that 20 minute run's booty! LOL @ the "chocolate feedbag."

Pint - That is really odd with the wii scale and your bathroom scale...uggghhh, scales are just irritating sometimes!

Wysteria - Yay for 10 days off work!!

Shells - Hope you're feeling better my dear!! I've still got the sickies too..

I did well yesterday (about 1400 cals) and pretty good today! Hoping to see the 140s SOOOOOOON! Only a few more pounds...
Still sick... Just been resting and unpacking from our trip/cleaning/running errands...

Here's the break down for today...
B- FO cereal w/milk & small banana 300
L- sandwich on wheat 300, applesauce 80 (380)
S- popcorn 100
D- grilled chicken w/mustard cream sauce 260, 3 potato and cheddar pierogies w/ sauteed onions 175, mixed veggies 35 (470)
S- chocolate covered pretzels (blahhh..200), 10 pistachios 30 (230)
Climbing stairs...over and over...~15 mins
Not much, but hey I was getting that heart rate up!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote