Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-29-2010, 12:54 PM   #601  
Flab to Fab! is my goal

S/C/G: 357/356/160

Height: 64 inches

Today not eating anything....tomorrow not eating anything either =) Doing the 48 Hour Miracle diet to lose the weight I gained over Christmas.....is that bad?
BadBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #602  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello ladies! This morning for Breakfast I had 1/2 cup of oatmeal, with 2 T wheat germ, and 1 T Peanut butter. And a cup of swiss miss breakfast blend cocoa. Yummers. I am making lunch now... kind of a clean out the fridge beef soup if you will. A little stew beef, some whole wheat noodles, and green beans in a beef stock. I was hungry for soup, so I made my own, LOL. Dinner tonight will be a ham and split pea/bean soup I am making from the left over christmas ham. Yummers.

Went to the gym today, 25 minutes of yoga, new video, but I'm not sure I liked it... back to kickboxing on Friday. then I did some circuit training. Weighed in on the gym scale, and WHOOSH! I'm down 1.5 lb from Monday! I have now officially lost 10 lb! Now to just keep going! Feeling great, thanks to all of you! You make this seem so much more fun! LOL
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:24 PM   #603  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBBW View Post
Today not eating anything....tomorrow not eating anything either =) Doing the 48 Hour Miracle diet to lose the weight I gained over Christmas.....is that bad?
That diet is only to lose water weight, and weight from waste in the intestines. If it's the one that involves "flushing" your system, be prepared for a lot of bathroom visits! I would say it's definitely "not good" for you, since you'll be messing with sugar levels, you'll be irritable, blah and not to mention overly hungry, which might make you more prone to cave. Why not just write off Christmas as just a slip up, and stick to your healthy plan? The weight will come off. If you gained 4 lbs (I'm just using a random number) over the course of 2 days (Christmas Eve and Christmas) you would've had to have eaten 14,000 calories OVER what your body would normally burn to have gained actual fat weight. Usually, when we over indulge and gain that much, it's due to high salt and carbohydrates which can make you bloated and retain water. (The Miracle diet is still not a good way to lose that water weight!!) To help ease the water weight and bloating, drink MORE water and avoid salty, carbohydrate-full foods for a while. You should notice the weight being gone in a couple to a few days.

As for myself, I'm finally feeling better!! YAAYY!!! This is the first time in weeks I haven't had to use my inhaler multiple times before noon! Thank goodness for good doctors! My ears also feel slightly better. I still have some pressure, but it's nothing compared to what it was. I'm rearranging the living room and taking down the Christmas tree today. I'll be glad to have the space back!

Andejean, congrats on the loss! Good job!

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 12-29-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #604  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBBW View Post
Whatever works for you- I won't criticize... what do you drink if you don't eat? Never heard of it.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:18 PM   #605  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I am too tired to think. Hit the gym hard this morning. 1 hour spin class and 30 minutes strength training. Now I have to get to the mall and return the belt I bought my husband.

My weigh-in today did good. It was 201. I couldn't believe it. Let's see what it is tomorrow. I make the same number show up two days in a row before I count it as really lost.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #606  
Flab to Fab! is my goal

@Pint Sized Terror

Omgee! I had no Idea exactly what the "miracle" diet was for but I do know that it is something that my baby sitter does ever so often and she loses ten pounds in a week. I will follow your advice of drinking more water and staying away from salty/carb having foods thank you so much!!

Last edited by BadBBW; 12-29-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #607  
Flab to Fab! is my goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
Whatever works for you- I won't criticize... what do you drink if you don't eat? Never heard of it.
Some kind of drink (It's called Hollywood 48hour Miracle Diet). Can't eat just drink that for two days along with water or vegetable juice and you lose weight
Old 12-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #608  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

BadBBW: I feel that I would be a bad 3FC'er if I didn't say that I am leary of anything that involves fasting. From my own experience, I would fast for however many days and end up dizzy and REALLLLLLLY bit*hy. Not to mention...STARVING!!!!

I am in 100% agreement with Pint Size in that I think the better bet for you would be to write the holiday off as a bust and get right back on track with your calorie counting (if that's your normal plan), tons and tons of water, and exercise and you will see that water weight come off in just a few days.

I support you in whatever decision you make. I just had to express my concern over anything that involves depriving your body. Also, really glad you posted here. This is a great group. We will be here for you every step of the way. If I didn't have this group, I wouldn't have achieved the success I have. I know that much to be true.

Hope we hear from you more.

Last edited by Vixsin; 12-29-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #609  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Noooo I didn't want to go back to work today Oh well, just got tomorrow then I'm off for a week, yippee!

Food wise, it's been a weird day. Yoghurt for breakfast, mozzarella salad for lunch, and vegetarian sausages for dinner. No snacks. I feel full but really haven't eaten much. Huh. Weird.

Oh, also, I announced at work that I was giving up chocolate. Cue a chorus of 'you'll never do it'. Cheers guys, I have such supportive colleagues -.-
Wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #610  
Super Single Mom

Oh Wysteria!!! I wish they were more supportive. No matter...you have all of us!!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #611  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Pint: Do not laugh at me, I have never washed a pillow before in my life...how do you do it? Do you just put it in the washer? Glad you are feeling better

Recipe: http://lowcalorieideas.com/2010/08/l...-toast-recipe/

Debbie: Welcome!

Lindsey: Thanks. Overall, it could have been worse and we hit the walking today. With the loss of some weight that will help him out at least. We are in the same boat for chocolate. Not all of the Christmas cookies chocolate is gone but I haven't eaten any. The only thing really tempting me is the chocolate kisses. That and my son keeps sharing his almond roca with me! I keep setting it on my desk and someone else keeps snitching it so have been safe from that so far! Congrats on the new low!! I hope you feel better soon!

Bad: Are you getting nutrients somewhere else? Like from shakes or something? fasting isn't a great way to lose weight. It makes your body think you are starving it and it will hang on to everything it can

Andejean: Congrats on the woosh! I so want some split pea soup! I think I will make some tomorrow!

So went for the walk on the Greenway today. Had a lot of fun. Walked for an hour. The dogs loved it but they weren't happy that I am not allowing them to pull me over anymore.

My New Years Resolution: Yell less. When I get mad I tend to yell a lot. I want to curb that tendancy.

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #612  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I just put them in the washer on hot with an extra spin/drain cycle, then pop them into the dryer on low until they dry. Be careful though. Hot water can make fabrics shrink, and I'd assume that would go for the fabric on pillows too. If you have down pillows you can't wash them like that. Mine are regular old poly-fill pillows. I've never had a problem, but I'm not a pillow-washing expert. I do know that if I don't regularly wash my pillows and if I don't dust and sweep my room regularly, I have allergy problems. I'm also bad about just tossing my clothes on the floor, which is another big problem since they gather dog hair and dust. The end result is waking up with a severe sinus headache. Try just laying in your bed for a while without sleeping to see if you start getting stuffed up. If you do, it's something in your room or bed that's causing your problems.

Hubby is making a carb on carb dinner. Beans and cornbread. I'm going to fix myself something else. I'm really craving meat, so I'll probably have some chicken breasts or lean meat and some high-protein side dishes.

Today I had:

B: A whole wheat English muffin, 2 egg whites and a handful of blackberries.
L: Another whole wheat muffin topped with 1/2 c. low-calorie home made gravy, peas and leftover turkey.
S: 15 cocoa roasted almonds

Dinner has yet to be determined.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #613  
Super Single Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxannestags View Post
My New Years Resolution: Yell less. When I get mad I tend to yell a lot. I want to curb that tendancy.
That is a great resolution, Roxanne!! That was mine 2 years ago and it really does make a difference in every aspect of your life when you're just generally calmer and able to handle things differently. I wish you lots and lots of luck with it. :
Old 12-29-2010, 06:24 PM   #614  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Thank you Roxann....

Today i have done well with controling my eating. Apx 1000 calories and ALL healthy.

I have started working with a mentor, and HE has given me some very strict rules to follow. I have to get up to 2 miles of walking within 2-3 weeks. Im going to start tomorrow with 1 mile. EVEN if it kills me. lol

I do hope everyone had a healthy day today...debbie
debbieOBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #615  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

How did I eat just one chocolate? It's simple...I said no to the rest and then, right before bed, caved and had another! However, I do have four little wandering trash cans that looooove my chocolate and I sneak it to them every so often.

I'm sorry I didn't get back to play today. It's Christmas vacation, so I have all four kids at home and it can get pretty manic at our place.

Accountability Info:

Weight: 213 or 211.8 depending on when weighed My early morning weight is always up a bit. If I wait a couple of hours (even with coffee and breakfast in me), the scale is kinder. Go figure.
Exercise: 3.2miles/60mn walk it out

Breakfast: Lindsey Breakfast , coffee
Snack: Yep, I had TWO chocolates! (175 calories...ugh)
Lunch: Smart Ones Ravioli
Snack: 1/2 serving cashews
Dinner: chicken and green beans (so glad it's out of my freezer now!)
Snack: Coffee, pretzel sticks, hummus

Calories: 1,449

Last edited by shellsbrood; 12-29-2010 at 11:06 PM.
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote