Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #586  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Missed posting so much while I was a way. Now I am back and so happy for Christmas to be over and to get back to "normal". I have been kicking myself for the off-plan things I ate. Hope I haven't gained. Will weigh tomorrow.

Roxanne- So sorry about Duke. Hope all works out. You have eaten so well. Good for you!

Lindsey- looks like you are doing great staying on your plan!

Shellsbrood- I can not believe you can eat only ONE chocolate. I would have been so mad at my husband if he bought me that. and then I would have sat down and eaten them ALL!

Andejean- I love working out and I love when I am a bit sore... but not so sore I can't get out of bed without screaming. Whenever I tell my trainer something is sore he says GOOD!

Vixsin- So glad you are back to your LOW! GREAT JOB!!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #587  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Okay... today I ate...

breakfast

homemade breakfast burrito with a whole wheat tortilla, 1/2 cup homemade re"fried" beans, 1/4 cup sharp cheddar, and 1 egg. 435 calories, and very filling

lunch, 100 calories of pre sliced veggies, 3 Tb soy nuts, and a yoplait light lemon pie yogurt. Not well planned, but not to bad for foraging!

Dinner was a half cup of brown rice, and a half cup of black eyed peas with a little hot sauce and some christmas ham cut up in it.

It was a band practice night, so I had one glass of mulled wine, and a few sips of a captain and diet (boyfriends, he just lets me sip off his when I feel like a little). Over all, I stayed under 1300 calories, and my daily average is about 15-1600, but those veggies fill me up!
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:11 PM   #588  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Today I kinda lost it in the evening hours.

Today I had:

Breakfast: none. (Woke up late for doc appts...)

Lunch: 1/2 c. white rice, 3 pcs fried chicken (little nugget-like things about the size of ping pong balls) in a spicy sweet sauce, 2 spring rolls. I dunno how many calories were in it, I'm estimating 850 just to be on the safe side.

Dinner: 3/4 c. leftover Pad Thai.

Should've stopped there, but didn't. I also had an Almond Joy candy bar and 15 cocoa roasted almonds.

All in all, it comes to approximately 1500-1600 calories. Just over my highest allowable calorie intake, but I really wish I had spent it on better food. I mean, everything I ate had veggies in it besides the Almond Joy bar (well it does have almonds and coconut ) but it definitely could've been a healthier day today.

Today I did 1hr 10 minutes on the Wii. 45 minutes of that was heart-pounding cardio spent on the super Hula Hoop game, Hula Hoop game, and the Island Run (Running in place, swinging arms etc...) I also did some yoga, then more hula hoop (fun stuff!) and then some marching game and more yoga for cool-down. Happily, I didn't score less than 3 stars on anything, so I was really pushing myself. It's not a trip to the gym, but it's super fun and gets me sweating!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:38 AM   #589  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Ok, I am excited, I actually found some recipes for breakfast that I am looking forward to eating! Breakfast is usually the worst meal of the day for me. I do NOT like eating in the morning and do not like most breakfast foods and am also not real fond of eating leftovers for breakfast.

Well a site I went to had a recipe for french toast for 75 calories a slice and it also had some good recipes for parfaits. I am actually looking forward to getting up for breakfast tomorrow!

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:36 AM   #590  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Good Morning, all y'all!

So, I completely binged on popcorn last night! Gah! I don't normally binge, but for some reason, I completely overdid it. I sat down with this HUGE bowl and just ate myself silly. I know it's not a ton of calories (it only had a tbs of earth balance [60 calories] on it and it was air-popped), but it's the binging I have an issue with. We are under a lot of stress and I think that's what triggered it. I just need a better way to deal with the stress than to binge. After eating all those carbs, I'm up a pound this morning. Good! I deserve that!

So, this is me being accountable! Bad, bad, Shellie!

I'll be back later to play!
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #591  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick check in right now. I am holding steady at my low of 218.8. I am liking that.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #592  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post. I have been checking into this site for the last week. Yesterday I made the commitment and am starting my Ideal Protein diet today. I weigh 187 lbs am 5'7 and have been working out with a trainer for the last 6 months twice a week and have seen no results on the scale. I am ready to change my diet, and have NEVER really dieted before. This is a scary thing! I had the True Protein omelet this morning and it tasted weird. It was like the soul was taken out of the food...I kept gagging and it seemed like my body wanted to reject it. Was able to force myself to eat it, but now I feel sick. Does anybody know if this is normal? I am still committed!
SDChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #593  

SD, in my humble opinion, if I didn't like the food I was getting, I'd stop eating it. For me, if I don't like the food I have to eat, or if it doesn't satisfy me, I'm miserable. I feel deprived and punished. Have you tried making healthy meals on your own? There are SOOOO many healthy and super-delicious meals out there. I'm not knocking people who use those meal delivery plans to lose weight at all, but for me, I'd rather have more control over my food so I can make sure it's good and healthy.

Are you working out on your own without the trainer? If not, you may need to up your workouts. Most people say a good workout plan is at least 30 minutes of cardio per day, but you also need to throw in some other exercises to tone, strengthen and build fitness a few times a week.

Aside from watching protein, are you watching calories? I know nothing about Ideal Protein diet, but judging from the omelet... ew. Making yourself an egg white omelet is easy. I usually take 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg, whisk until creamy and blended. I heat a pat of butter in the skillet on medium heat, and after it's melted I wipe it out of the non-stick skillet. That way I still get a tiny bit of butter flavor, but it won't be greasy AND it won't stick to the pan. I pour the egg into the pan, let it cook on one side, flip it over, put a light sprinkle of shredded low-cal cheese, a chopped thin slice of ham, green onions and salsa on one half, then fold it over. BAM! A healthy omelet.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #594  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Stacy: Good to see you again! Good luck on the weigh in!

Andejean: Neat idea for the breakfast idea adding the refried beans!

Pint: Good job on the workout!

Shells: I know the feeling, it is hard learning new patterns for dealing with stress

Vixsin: Congrats on holding steady

SDChick: Welcome. Not sure about omelet. I have never tried it before. I know with regular eggs though I have a real hard time eating them. One thing you might want to think about, if you don't like the food it will be hard to stick with the plan. Maybe calorie counting might work instead of food that isn't appetizing? As for not seeing anything on the scale, I bet you have gained muscle with all the working out. Also keep track of what you eat and how many calories you are taking in. That way you know if your workout are balancing the calorie input out. Just my .02 worth.

So this morning got up and actually ate breakfast. About an hour and a half after I woke up got to admit but that was because I woke with a killer headache. My middle son and I seem to wake up with them a lot and I don't know why.

Going to go walking on the greenway today (weather permitting!) and then go soak in the hot tub at the Y.

Here is my meal plan for the day:

B: french toast (low calorie recipe) with sugar free syrup, sunshine parfait, 3 turkey sausages
(got to admit this is more breakfast than I have eaten since I don't know when and it isn't settling well)

L: chicken thigh, 1 can of green beans

D: 4 oz pork, baked potato, 1 c carrots

Total for the day:

Lol, just a side note, my dog thinks he is dieing. He is on a diet as well and exercising. For being a beagle he is lazy and he overeats every change he gets.

Roxanne

I am going to weigh myself today...not looking forward to seeing how much damage I did in December!
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #595  

Hey Rox, I just wanted to add that my son and I also wake up with killer headaches and it has to do with allergies. If our pets get up in our beds, or if our pillows need washed (the pillow, not the case) we wake up feeling bad the next day. Good luck, and I WANT THAT FRENCH TOAST RECIPE!! LOL
Old 12-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #596  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Hello Everyone...im new! Im starting today, and i sooo need everyone support. Have a super day. debbie
debbieOBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #597  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxannestags View Post
So didn't go for the walk today after all. I planned on going after the vet appointment but we got there and the vet wanted to do X-rays on my poor Duke. He had to keep him there and sedate him to get the x-rays. I didn't feel much like going for a walk after that truthfully. Misty was pretty confused on why we left Duke. We did see that Duke has one spinal disc that is pressing against the other. It isn't too bad, we will stay with the antiinflammatories for a few years. When it gets worse we add muscle relaxants and when then doesn't work then we do surgery. Poor boy.

I did however stay on plan. I removed a few things from my meals today. Halved the smoked salmon, dropped an egg, dropped the evenings bread and jam. I did add a red potato at dinner though. Love those things. My calories came in at 1332. I haven't eaten my apple yet. I was saving that for later if I wanted a snack.

Talk to everyone later!

Roxanne
Poor Duke!!!! So sad!! I'm glad to hear that despite the sad news at the vet you stayed on plan. I wish Duke a quick recovery!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:38 PM   #598  

Shells - Thanks, I hope I'm better soon as well! This bug just keeps lingering... Omg, the stir fry was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. It was a bit spicy, I guess I went over board a little with the crushed red pepper.. None the less, it was delicious!

I wouldn't worry to much about your popcorn "binge"...You've been kicking butt!! No stressing, ok?! I'm so proud of you being so close to the 50 pound mark...are you going to reward yourself?

Last edited by LindseyLou; 12-29-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:41 PM   #599  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
Lindsey- looks like you are doing great staying on your plan!

Shellsbrood- I can not believe you can eat only ONE chocolate. I would have been so mad at my husband if he bought me that. and then I would have sat down and eaten them ALL!

Thank you Stacy!!!

Yeah, Shells, how do you eat ONE chocolate!? lol You have some major will power lady! I ate 6 hershey kisses yesterday...ahhh...chocolate, how I love you!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #600  

Good morning/afternoon my lovely ladies!!

153.6# this morning, new low (well since probably 2007)!!! Sick of the 150s! And sick of being sick...I slept horribly last night, two or so hours of coughing and hacking. I finally took some Robitussin..sooo sleepy to even get up and get it I guess. After I took it I felt extremely sick to my tummy! I wonder if it's all that drainage from my sinuses, just collecting in my gut, then adding the Robitussin made me extra queasy?! Either way, it sucks being sick! I thought I was feeling better, but still very congested and exhausted! I feel so lazy...ugh! Anyways, I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

I was curious, what is YOUR New Year's Resolution???!!!
I'm interested to see what everyone's goal is for 2011!

I suppose mine would be to keep up the good work and stay strong with my new lifestyle! Try to give myself more credit for all the hard work I'm putting in! Kick butt in school, of course! Keep up the awesome work - being such a great wife and all!