Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #571  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Shells: I am so excited for you! Almost to 50 lbs! That is amazing. And if you don't want to do the new dress, what about a super cute new pair of jeans or maybe a skirt and some boots? Definitely buy yourself SOMETHING for reaching 50 lbs! That is amazing and alot of hard work! Good for you!

Diana: Hi! I'm so glad you could check in even if for just a second. Glad to hear that you're on plan and working out. I'm sure your vacation will be wonderful.

Roxanne: Oohhh!!! I LOOOOOOVE the elliptical!!! Talk about a great workout!

So even with the evil medication fiasco and Christmas I have gotten back to my low of 218.8!!! I had a whoosh of 2.2 pounds last night. I am so happy!!!!!! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get back down to it. I am so glad that my body proved me wrong.

I didn't calorie count for 4 full days but I was very aware of what I was eating and was being very careful not to overdo it. I'm glad it worked out and secretly I am glad to be back to writing everything in my journal again.

Feeling really grateful for this journey and all of the lessons I'm learning along the way.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #572  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Vixsin--Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! So glad you're back down to your low!! Awesome job!! And you were so great during the whole thing. You remained positive even with the weight fluctuations. You're such an inspiration. I think I would have plopped down on the floor and cried my eyes out if it had happened to me. *lol*
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #573  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

hello ladies! I am going to try this daily thing again, LOL. You all sound like you are doing so well! My Wii claims I've lost another lb from yesterday, but I won't believe it until the scale at the gym says so tomorrow, LOL. I'm not sure what part of my excersize did it, but boy are my gluts and thighs sore! I think thats probably a good thing!
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #574  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone!

Post-Christmas and pre-New Year sucks for me >.> All we've got in the fridge is cold meat and cheese! At least after New Years we'll have lots of tasty stuff left over from the New Year's Day buffet Mum always does.

...so all I've had today is a yoghurt, a pizza (because we were out in town) and a teeny bit of chocolate. I'm so sick of cold meat! Argh! I know it's protein but gods darn it, PLEASE can we have something else in the fridge, Mum ;-;

And I also had revelation today. I don't actually LIKE chocolate. I'm just eating it because it's there. So I'm giving it up. Forever. Because honestly, I'd rather have some cheese or ricecakes and jam than chocolate. It's so remarkably unsatisfying.

Also I totally need to get my bum back in the gym. Now the snow's gone and I can actually get up my hill again, I have no excuse not to go.

And completely un-weight related, I think I bought the comfiest pair of shoes on the entire planet today. For less than half their original price. Yay sales!
Wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #575  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Wysteria: I am glad to see the pep back in your step! I think it is amazing that you're going to give up chocolate for good. I cant imagine. I totally agree that it is completely unsatisfying but I don't know if I could make the commitment to give it up forever. Kudos to you!!!

Great to hear about the super comfy shoes! Gotta love the sales!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #576  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies, long time no posting. Guilty as charged .

Well, Christmas was sooooo much fun, even though I kinda blew it food-wise. Oh well, I'm lingering around the 250 mark, so... nothing too dramatic. It's been a hectic few days b/c I went straight back to work on Monday AND I'm leaving for India on Thursday AND my dad's band has a concert tomorrow night, so... I have to pack tonight but one of my best friends is in for a visit from Berlin so I have to hang out with him today if I want to see him....
You get the gist...it's been ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm sure there won't be any weighing in while I'm in India and I know it'll be tough staying OP while there - the food is TOO good and TOO bad for you. I'll try and stick with fruit and yogurt for breakfast, but I'm staying with different people and I know Indian hospitality means they'll shove food in my face all the time, so...send some willpower my way ladies!

Hope you're all doing well. I'll try to check in occasionally... *muah* to you all
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #577  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Shells: Wow, 50 lbs!! That is super awesome!! We ended up not doing game night because the requirement was that they had to clean their room first. They played around so much that they fell asleep while cleaning. Should have gone to the Y! lol How about you hold on to the dress goal and set one for new shoes to go with it, so you hit the goal at the beginning of spring and get a new dress AND shoes! lol When I lose 50 lbs I am spenging $50 at the bookstore. A dollar for each pound! lol

Vixsin: Congrats on getting back to your low!

Andejean: Welcome

Wysteria: I can't imagine giving up chocolate, but then I love the stuff. I have to keep it out of the house. Glad your hill isnt icy anymore

Cinci: Enjoy India!! How very fun!!

My plan for today:

B: mandarin orange and 2 mini slices of sourdough bread and 1 T of blackberry jam (these slices are tiny, a little bigger than cracker size and a serving size is supposed to be 7. They are just perfect though for making me feel like I am getting that sweet treat when I have two of them!)

L: 2 scrambled eggs, 1 mini babybel light, 4 oz smoked salmon, 2 mini sourdough and 1 T blackberry jam

D: 2 chicken thighs, 1 c brown rice, 1/2 reduced fat cream of mushroom soup, 1 c green peas. 2 mini sourdough slices 1 T blackberry-raspberry jam

Snack: 1 red delicious apple

Total calories for the day:

Workout plan:
1 1/2 hour walk...assuming that it thaws out enough and warms up enough to get down my ramp! It was sheer ice this morning! I actually want to go walk on the greenway today. I am hoping that after our trip to the vet this afternoon we can head straight to the Greenway (the Greenway is long trails of walks that extend through the area. Very pretty areas to walk in!)

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #578  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Vixsin: Chocolate just tastes like cardboard to me! It's so... bleh. There's nothing good about it, and the high that you get from eating it doesn't last hardly any time at all. Very unappealing.

I think there's something in it that makes it addictive to us - not sure what, but you can see why some people get hooked on it. Also, I think a lot of the time I eat because I'm bored, so yeah... stop being bored and stop eating chocolate! It's going to be hard but I'm going to do it.

As for the shoes, these are they:

http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/departm...ct-is-20340648

They don't look like much but actually look quite awesome with a pair of jeans and a skinny rib knit jumper in burgundy like I was wearing today. Smart trainers, I think is the best way to describe them
Wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #579  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Wysteria, how odd! I find that cardboard boxes smell like chocolate and chocolate smells like cardboard boxes too! Incidentally, I'm not a huge chocolate fan unless it's mixed with something else.

I've pretty much slacked off, aside from some intense Wii workouts. I ended up getting in over an hour and a half of "workouts" on Wii yesterday, and it didn't even feel like a workout. My ears still hurt, but I got into the doc today. He said there isn't an infection in both ears yet, maybe the one on the right has one since it is red, but there's a lot of fluid behind both eardrums and it's causing intense pressure. Since I've been sick longer than 72 hours, he said it probably isn't viral and prescribed antibiotics. I'm still coughing up nastiness and using my inhaler several times a day, which, he said if that doesn't change, I'll be put back on long-term control meds. Boooooooo!

I've stayed around 154.4lbs. No loss. Considering how we've been eating with Christmas and leftovers and stuff... I'm happy I haven't gained! I haven't been totally off the wagon, but I've definitely been swinging my legs over the side! LOL
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #580  
Blessed!

Quickly checking in!

Weight: .8 down
Exercise: 3.6 miles/60 mn walk it out

Breakfast: Kashi GoLean Crunch, almond milk, coffee
Snack: 1 ferrero rocher (my dh got me TWO boxes for Christmas!! Gah!)
Lunch: 1/2 PB&J whole wheat bread, pretzels, hummus
Snack: 1 cup popcorn, 2 vegan gingerbread cookies
Dinner: 1/2 cup brown rice, vegetable curry (it had been simmering for an hour and was SOOOO good!!)

Calories: 1,243

Last edited by shellsbrood; 12-28-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:53 PM   #581  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies...
Been MIA for a few days since our trip...I'm trying to rest, haven't been feeling good. Sore throat and congestion. I am feeling a bit better though, hoping to get back to my normal self by the end of the week!

Here's my check in for yesterday (12/27)
B - slept in no breakfast!
L- gyro (lamb, feta, lettuce, onion, tzatziki sauce, flatbread) 500
a few french fries from the hubby's plate ~200 (700)
D- noodle soup 250
S- popcorn 100
Total ~1050
30 mins of cleaning

Here's my check in for today (12/28)
B- maple n brown sugar oatmeal 170, 1 slice cinnamon bread 50 (220)
S- small banana 100
L- chicken noodle soup 155, sandwich on whole wheat 302 (457)
S- strawberry applesauce 90, 3 hershey's kisses 66 (156)
D- steak stir fry w/noodles 359
S- popcorn 100
Total 1392
20 mins of cleaning, dishes, laundry

The stir fry I made was SO yummy! The hubby spotted some frozen mixed vegetables with noodles in the frozen section at Kroger. Only 80 calories for 1 1/4 cups. It has egg noodles, mushrooms, red and green peppers, carrots, onion and celery. Added some soy sauce, crushed red pepper and sesame seeds....awesome!

Anyways, hope everyone had a great day!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #582  

Shells - WOO HOO for 49 pounds!! I'm so proud of you!!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #583  

Vixsin - Hi! How was your holiday?

Cinci - When do you head to India? Sounds amazing!!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:07 PM   #584  
Blessed!

Pint--Man, you need a break from all the sickness. I'm glad they're putting you on some antibiotics. Hopefully, that'll help!

Lindsey--Aww, sweets! Feel better soon. Your stir fry sounds yummy! I lurve me some stir fry.

Wysteria--I'm not a chocolate fan either. I do like certain ones, but I'm extremely picky and most of the time, rather not eat it.

Roxan--Your kids sound like my kids. I love your idea, btw! I think I'm going to go drool over some heels right now.

Cin--*Muah* right back attcha, darlin'!

Andejean--Yes, yes, come join our crazy crew!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #585  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

So didn't go for the walk today after all. I planned on going after the vet appointment but we got there and the vet wanted to do X-rays on my poor Duke. He had to keep him there and sedate him to get the x-rays. I didn't feel much like going for a walk after that truthfully. Misty was pretty confused on why we left Duke. We did see that Duke has one spinal disc that is pressing against the other. It isn't too bad, we will stay with the antiinflammatories for a few years. When it gets worse we add muscle relaxants and when then doesn't work then we do surgery. Poor boy.

I did however stay on plan. I removed a few things from my meals today. Halved the smoked salmon, dropped an egg, dropped the evenings bread and jam. I did add a red potato at dinner though. Love those things. My calories came in at 1332. I haven't eaten my apple yet. I was saving that for later if I wanted a snack.

Talk to everyone later!

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote