Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #31  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

Pinkstar104 - Try not to be too hard on yourself! I know its a horrible feeling after you have binged on junk food but its over now and you can get back on track no problem, this one day won't ruin your success! Just be positive and feel even better about sticking to your plan.

Day 3 of calorie shifting for me, today was a "big" day, 1728 calories and I haven't even come close to eating them all.

Breakfast:
Activia - 70 cal
Sandwich thin with 1 Tbs fat free cream cheese - 130 cal

Snack:
3/4 cup cheerios - 110 cals

Lunch:
Chicken wrap -
Wholewheat tomato tortilla - 170 cal
2 Tbs FF cream cheese - 30 cal
cucumber, spinach
3 kalamata olives - 45 cal
1/4 of a chicken breast - estimating 120 cals, really not sure need a food scale!

Dinner:
"Tostada"
Wholewheat tomato tortilla - 170 cal
1/2 cup black beans - 90 cal
1 Smart Sausage (veggie protein sausage) - 140 cal
1/5 avocado - 65 cal
1/4 cup cheese - 110 cal
2 tbs sour cream - 40 cal
cilantro, lime, a little raw onion

Total: 1290 ~

The tostada was really filling so I am not sure I will even snack later but I still have so many calories!

I want to keep weighing myself to see how my early days of calorie counting are going but I want to try to hold off too so I can see a big number in a week or month! I guess I should fight the urge!

It was a good day and it is surprisingly easy for me to eat under calorie and find and make satisfying healthy food!

Last edited by steinanwine; 12-01-2010 at 08:19 PM.
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 134/127/99

Height: 5'0

steinanwine- Thanks You're right. I am feeling better and I actually feel stronger now about staying on plan You plan sounds great! I heard about calorie shifting its very interesting. About the weighing yourself I personally like to weigh myself once a week so I am able to make changes in my plan if I am at a standstill and I need to be seeing a loss to stay motivated but that's just me. But I can understand what you are saying about waiting so there's bigger results, I want try the weighing myself once a month it would be a more exciting loss!

Last edited by Pinkstar104; 12-01-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Pinkstar104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #33  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

I am really glad you feel better Pinkstar! You just have to stay positive and know that mess ups can be corrected with healthy behavior, take comfort in being healthy!

I like calorie shifting although I guess I am not technically doing it right, I think I am supposed to be eating exactly my calorie limit for the day, but it can't be bad to eat fewer calories!!

I am sure I will weigh myself again tomorrow but I do want to change it to a once per week thing just so I can see a more obvious 2 or 3 lbs weight loss. When I started Sunday I was 180, Monday it looked like I lost 1 or 2 lbs (but I didn't really believe it) and today it says 180 again. I'm not upset about it, just annoyed. It's not really helpful to see that day to day at this point. It also kind of makes me think when I hit my week goal on Sunday night I wont have lost much .... we will see ..... my scale is also CHEAP and probably the totally wrong number. Maybe I should invest in a good one ....
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 134/127/99

Height: 5'0

stein- Looking at it that way really does help! So thx again
Also, I would definitely not weigh-in everyday because weight fluctuates and can fluctuate up to 5lbs of water weight! I can imagine how frustrating than can be. You will feel and be better off once a week. I question my scale too.. its not the best

Last edited by Pinkstar104; 12-01-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Pinkstar104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #35  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! I hope you had a nice day and evening.

I'm checking in late. I had a hair cut/color today, then we went to eat, I had to go to the grocery store. Now it's late. Not a lot of time for personals, just a couple comments.

Lindsey How did the haircut go. I like the pictures.

Lauren Those nightmares sound awful. I know you are very passionate about your beliefs. I hope you slept better tonight.

Total Approx 1405 Calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (340 Calories)
2 Slices Nature's Own Wheat 35 calorie bread 70 Calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Sliced Turkey 60 calories
Mustard 0 Calories
Romaine Heart leaves 0 calories
Oikos Yogurt 110 calories
1 apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/soy dressing 200 calories
Teriyaki Beef 400 calories
Vegetables 100 Calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 EZ

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-01-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:06 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Nicole - Congrats on SURPASSING your goal!!!! Great work!!!

Pink - Aww, don't be so hard on yourself! Tomorrow is a new day, IF you gain, you will have that off in no time. It's part of this whole weight loss process, we all have good days and bad. You don't eat like that on a daily basis and I know tomorrow (and all week and all month) you'll kick butt, so don't stress hun! Think of it as you getting it out of your system. Sometimes those treats just taunt us!! I think you're doing amazing, you've made GREAT progress!

Diana - I don't go get it cut until next Tuesday. I'm excited! I'll probably post pics!

Happy 1st of December! I can't believe the year is wrapping up!

Here's what I ate today...
B- strawberry oatmeal w/banana 290
S- 1/2 c. pineapple chunks 60
L- SO quesadilla w/ RF sour cream 250
D- turkey bacon club no mayo, honey mustard, a few of hubby's fries 600
S- taco (I treated myself for staying on plan 10 weeks!) 300
~20 mins of 30 DS L2 D7

Today it's been 10 weeks since I started and 19.4# gone forever! This is the longest time I think I've went without giving up! I treated myself to a taco tonight, haha. It was pretty good, but I'm regretting it now...heartburn! Darn!

I hope everyone had a great 1st of December! Let's kick butt this month ladies!!! If we can make it thru December I think we can do just about anything! This is one of the hardest times with all the holiday treats at work, school & at home! We CAN do it!!!! Anyone up for a holiday challenge?? (Weight loss, resisting temptations, exercise, other...)

Last edited by LindseyLou; 12-02-2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Forgot to add my exericse!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenA View Post
Ok Ladies, my first day of December was off to a rough start. I didn't sleep much last night, I was tossing and turning all night. I was having these awful nightmares about cows / calves being abused and slaughtered, I couldn't sleep, these images and feelings just kept popping up in my head. It was awful.

Today has been just a sad day in general, those nightmares have stuck with me all day, it's been terrible and to top it all off it is TTOM - so I am more emotional (and moody!) than usual.
Hope tomorrow is better my dear!!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:13 AM   #38  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning! I hope you have a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #39  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Good Morning.

Lindsey--I love the style!! (I also love the hot pink ) I think it will look awesome on you. I can't wait to see the after pictures! I'm definitely up for a challenge! I need something to motivate me this month. I've been pretty much OP for the last three months and have been slipping a bit lately. I'd love to finish out the year strong!

Stein--Mostly it's not bad eating too few calories. It's generally not recommended to go lower than 1200 without the supervision of a physician. Welcome to our little group, btw!

Pink--I hear ya! I struggled a bit yesterday, too. I tend to lose will power around that TOM. Today, though, we're back on plan!

Ekicna--Great job on that water intake. I'm terrible with that still!

Niiiiicole!!! We miss you too!!! I hope things ease up for you. How are your mom and kids feeling now? We've had a lot of sickness here, too.

Demona--I love pistachios!

Lauren--Oh, how awful. I'm so sorry you had those nightmares. I think I would have cried my eyes out. I did when I watched Food Inc.

Cin--Thanks. Wow, 7k?? Way to go, girl!!!

Diana--Yep, that probably summed me up yesterday, I couldn't stand anyone. *lol* How are you doing today? Are you guys going anywhere for the Holidays?

I totally messed my sodium up yesterday. I'm not supposed to go over 1,000mg because of my inner ear disorder. I completely blew it and ended up feeling dizzy and yucky by the end of the day. I really need to be more careful.
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #40  
Blessed!

Yesterday's Info:

Exercise: 40mn LS cardio

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, light toast, 1/2 banana, coffee (307)
Snack: Handful of nuts (140)
Lunch: Chicken breast, onions, peppers, mushrooms, sweet potato (212)
Snack: air-popped popcorn w/ butter (255)
Dinner: 3 turkey meatballs, 2tbs marinara sauce, whole wheat toast (270)
Snack: Rice cakes (140), sugar-free instant coffee (60)

Calories: 1,518
Old 12-02-2010, 09:00 AM   #41  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Yesterday was a bust. Today has started out that way, but I'm going to get a grip. I do NOT want to start out this month at the same weight I was LAST month. What a waste!!

Pink, I totally get what you mean! I had been doing so well! I lost 3lbs in 2 weeks, then yesterday at the grocery store I decided to get myself a "treat" but that turned into a cheat day, then that turned into me eating WAY too much bad stuff. Considering my diet December 1st, I REALLY need to do away with any form of "cheat" food. The foods I used to love and have issue with are no longer an issue. It's new foods that are becoming problem foods. It'll never end, will it?

But anyway, I'm going to get back on track. First and foremost I need to drink more water. That's the one thing I let myself fall behind on, and I think it really contributed to the way I ate. I craved salty and creamy foods, which I always do when I'm dehydrated. Today is all about focusing on water intake and low-sodium foods.

Good luck everyone!

Edit... I *almost* cheated AGAIN. I say *almost* because I was going to eat one single chip, and that single chip STABBED me in the sensitive skin on the "floor" of my mouth below my tongue when I bit on it. It's freaking bleeding and swelling and hurts so bad it's making my eyes water. D: That'll teach me I guess.

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 12-02-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Shells: I made several kinds of chocolate chip, Regular, peanut butter chocolate chip and mint dark chocolate chip. I ate a big breakfast yesterday and I found something interesting. Usually during the day, I have points where my mind goes fuzzy. I can't think, I can't concentrate. I didn't have that yesterday so I am eating breakfast again today and checking to see if it makes a difference. I am so sorry that the littles are sick again. That just bites. I totally understand on the hormone thing.

Vixsin: Congrats on the new low and thanks for the kick about eating. My eating hasn't been real great and it gave me enough motivation to get back on track for eating even if I am not getting back on track for exercise yet.

Lindsey: Wow, you are amazing me with your weight loss!! That haircut looks wonderful. Post pics when you are done?

Kris: Glad to see you again, was wondering how you were the other day!

Cinci: Congrats on the workout! That is awesome

Lauren: Woot!! Good to see you!

Nicole: Congrats on the loss! Good to see you, hope life calms down for you a tad?

Ekicna: Welcome!

Pink: I am totally with you. I thought yesterday that I could have a cookie....I ate 4. I have to stay away from the stuff as well! Don't beat yourself up about one really bad day. We all have them. Just get up with the realization that its a new day and you can do better. You know that you can do since you have done it so you know you can do it again. We are all human...we all make mistakes or fall off the wagon. It is like an addiction and some days...it gets the better of us but we can turn around and do better the next day. Hugs, it will be better today.

So today's plan:
B: 2 eggs, 2 green onions, 1 roll, 1 T margarine, 1/4 c low fat cheese

L: Not sure but thinking of going out.

D: If I go out, I won't eat dinner, when I eat breakfast and lunch, I am not hungry for dinner.

Calorie range for today 1600 to 1700

Exercise: sigh, I have 8!!! chapters left to do before tomorrow and each chapter is taking me anywhere from 2 to 5 hours. I won't be getting in any exercise this week. Even if I do go out for lunch, my books are coming with me

Roxanne
Started my journey on 9/8/2010
mini goal: 10% loss (261)
mini goal 2: 15% loss (246)
mini goal 3: 20% loss (232)
mini goal 4: move into onderland
mini goal 5: weigh 150 (5 lbs less than I did in high school)
Major Goal: Be able to climb to the summit of Mt. St Helens in the 2011 hiking season (May thru November)

For every 5lbs lost:

Goal One Ticker:
Goal One Ticker:

End Goal Ticker

Keeping Track of my loss
September 2010: 4 lbs lost
October 2010: 11 lbs lost
November 20100: 5 pounds lost
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #43  

Shells - Thanks, I really like it too! I hope it looks as cute as the pics do! I think I might color it too. Right now I have it a dark blonde/light brown color w/ a few subtle brown highlights. But, I'm wanting something different. So I may try red! I love red! I'm thinking of just doing the Natural Instincts because it washes out in 28 days that way if it's like too red or I miss my current color it won't be permanent color. I used to use that stuff because it was gentle on my hair. Anyways, get your hair cut! Treat yourself, so you have something to look forward to!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #44  

Roxanne - I am? Thank you!! I wish I could bust 155.2 or under so I could say I've lost 20 pounds! I will post pics when I get it cut!
Old 12-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #45  
Blessed!

Pint--Ouch!! I'm sorry you're in pain. It sounds like your body was trying to keep you from eating that chip, though! Hope it heals quickly.

Roxan--Those cookies sound deeeelish! I probably would have eaten a bunch too. I've definitely heard that eating breakfast will help with your concentration. I know they really stress it for children who are going to school specifically for that purpose. Let me know how it goes.

Lindsey--Oooooh, red!! LOVE it!! I'm horrible to my hair. I've bleached it (and my hair is almost black) and then dyed it...to dye over it again later. I've been giving my hair a break for the last year, so it's my normal color. I have a box of "Lusty Lavender" sitting in my bathroom, calling my name...but I've resisted...so far.

Wow, I tallied up my sodium intake for yesterday and it was around 3,000mg!!!! I so can't do that again!! The place I log my calories has a sodium tracker too, so I've added that to my chart. Hopefully, I can keep a better eye on that.

Ok, Leslie is calling me. I really do like this new DVD. It might have become my favorite so far. I'll bbl!