3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   ugh why is it so easy some days (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/218041-ugh-why-so-easy-some-days.html)

cherrypie 11-23-2010 10:26 AM

ugh why is it so easy some days

why is it so easy somedays and so hard other days? last week I was just cruising along. This seek the ice cream is calling me :(

kellost 11-23-2010 10:46 AM

I know what you mean......sometimes it seems too easy! I'm on plan, exercising, not tempted at all to stray from the plan. Other days, I am practically sitting on my hands to prevent myself from reaching for my kids' snacks. It's weird!

beerab 11-23-2010 01:27 PM

I am convinced part of it is hormonal lol. Before I'm even AWARE TOM is around the corner I want to eat more- it's frustrating!

RoseRodent 11-23-2010 01:39 PM

Completely with you there! So many easy weeks, and today and yesterday I just desperately want to eat everything. Every meal over in the blink of an eye and on to thinking about when I can have the next one and what it's going to be, then it arrives and there's not enough. I overspent on breakfast and then lunch had to be unsatisfying to claw back some calories and dinner non-existent to make up for the overspend. I think i am going to go over today, better I feel to plan to go over and think about what is good value for calories on a 200cal overspend than keep a tight rein and go on a massive binge, so I suspect there is a bowl of fruit and fibre cereal in my evening plan somewhere. Mmmmmmm.

Oh, and isn't it so much harder when you've been being good and the scale begrudgingly moves half an ounce and you just think why am I bothering?

cherrypie 11-23-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerab (Post 3580326)
I am convinced part of it is hormonal lol. Before I'm even AWARE TOM is around the corner I want to eat more- it's frustrating!

nah. Had it last week when I was breezing along. :lol:

Rana 11-23-2010 02:29 PM

I agree it's body chemistry! When I'm not eating right for my body, the cravings and the hunger is insatiable! (That's why I try to eat as many whole foods as possible, because they keep me fuller longer and don't give me cravings.)

krampus 11-23-2010 08:50 PM

Ugh, I hear you! It just builds and builds. By last week I was literally FANTASIZING about BINGING and then I did it. There has got to be a better way.

rockinrobin 11-23-2010 09:55 PM

This quote comes to mind:

"If we would just recognize that life was hard, things would be much easier".

Those breezier times do make this *simpler*, that's for sure! But that absolutely can not and will not always be the case.

But it's not just adhering to a healthy lifestyle that's got harder and easier times. It's like that with lots of very important things.

To name a few:

Work, sometimes it's gratifying and relatively easy - other times not so much.
My marriage, sometimes its effortless, other times, oy.
Raising my children, sometimes it's an utter joy, sometimes it's heart wrenching and downright frustrating.
Friendships, sometimes they are a delight and add to the quality of my life, other times, quite stressful and even unpleasant.

That's why a steadfast, ironclad commitment is needed for all things that are vital and important. Throwing in the towel with things that matter are not an option!