I want to lose my ten year old

• Tonight I realized I want to lose the same amount as my ten year old weighs. That really put into focus how much effort this is going to take. Not to mention how much lighter I will be on my feet when I am done. I picked him up. 85 pounds is a lot
  • lol from the name of this thread i know what people were thinking. cas i was thinking the same BUT i get what you mean. I am twice my little brothers weight , he weigs 90pounds. so i know what you mean
  • Haha, I definitely interpreted that the wrong way at first.

I want to finish losing my North American Gray Wolf (average wolf weight in North America: 80 lbs) which I'll do once I get these last 15 lbs off. I spent some time with a pack of wolves recently, saw one that weighed about 80 lbs and just thought.. wow... once I lose the last of this weight, it will be like I had once been carrying this wolf around on my back for some time.

It's really amazing when you put it into perspective like that, isn't it?
  • My almost 10 year old daughter weighs 76 lbs, so I'm 7 lbs shy of losing one of her! Once I'm there, I'm going to piggy back her and run the vaccuum cleaner -- kinda like on the Biggest Loser when they have to run around the track wearing vests that weigh what they've lost. Unfortunately, once I'm there, I still have another Lily and a 1/2 to lose. But I think it will be exciting to see/feel how far I've come so far! I can barely pick the kid up, so I think it will be a dramatic illustration to myself!
  • I've 'lost' my 11 year old DD who's on the heavy side anyway. There's no way I could lift her now.

Kitty
  • LOL, I determined my weight loss by the weight of my children when I first started losing. At the time, my kids were 7 (65 pounds) and 8 (75 pounds) I used to try picking them up and I thought there was no way I was going to lose that much weight! I can't believe I lost a whole kid LOL. It can be done. Assigning your weigh loss to the weight of objects, makes it feel more real, like what they do on Biggest Loser. Whenever I try to carry something heavy like grocery bags now, I always remind myself that I used to carry that much weight, and so much more every day. It is really eye opening!
  • My goal is to lose my younger sister. She's about 110lbs, I could definately lose that much.
  • I recently started sprouting my own wheat grass to juice, and we purchased a 50lb bag of seed. I could barely scoot the thing let alone pick it up. It's hard to believe I was carrying that much extra weight on my body before.
  • I would like to lose my neighbor's 12-year-old who for some reason is allowed to ride his ATV under my window at midnight.

Wait, this is about pounds?
  • lol at the above poster ^^^^

And I have about 85 pounds to go maybe 95, I'll have to see what 125 looks like on my frame before I decide to go any further. But we can do it!!!
  • I gotta say..i did not misinterpret your goal when i read the name of the post..i knew exactly what you were saying because I think exactly like that. I don't have kids but when i see a little kid I think..damn i have a to loose a whole person his size..its kinda daunting but i like that its also a reality check about how serious the situation and that i need to get in gear
  • Hehe...

Lets see, I've Lost my 18 year old son at his present weight, (175) and at his birth weight (8 pounds) PLUS the birth weight of my other son. (8 pounds)

I'm REALLY strong, and people are amazed at how much weight I can lift. I just tell them I did a lot of weight training a few years ago. lol
  • I knew what you meant - I remember the day I realised I had lost what my then-6 year old weighed.
  • Haha they have programs for that

JK!