Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #16  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Not sure what you're disagreeing with, thesame7lbs. I didn't mean I'm dissatisfied with my body at 147. It's just that it is what it is, and I'm not going to be wearing bikinis and showing off my flat belly. So if I had had that idea in mind as my mental image, I would have been disappointed.

I was never losing weight for the looks anyway--mostly it was because of health concerns. I was pre-diabetic, and now I'm not. My cholesterol has dropped, and my HDL (good) has increased.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 11-12-2010 at 10:24 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 210/209/174

Height: 5ft 10

I'm currently 14lb under my official goal. Once at goal, I kept on losing weight because I didn't add quite enough food to maintain, so it wasn't a deliberate plan initially - my estimated weightwatchers maintenance points allowance turned out to be too low for me. Once I realised I didn't feel quite 'done' at my original goal I chose not to increase my food intake much more. As I gradually lost more weight I found I was happier under BMI 24, which is where I went down a size, and happier still around 23, so I plan on sticking around here. At 46 and with some loose skin I am very aware I could go too low but on the whole I'm satisfied.

In your shoes, I'd see how I felt each 5lb, and if you're in between sizes maybe stop when you reach the next size.

Last edited by lora m; 11-12-2010 at 10:46 AM.
lora m is offline   Reply With Quote