Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 07:22 PM   #16  

I have only posted here once beofre and I have chatted in the chat room with a few of you before. What I have read here today is incredible you all have such support for each other.

2cute2befat you are so right in everything you said the only one who can do this is, ourselves. Yes I went to ww about 16 years ago lost 70 lbs and oh guess what i thought I had it licked and didn't need to attend meetings anymore boy was I wrong I put it all back I kept it off for a little while then had a baby still kept it off but then it all came back and here I am today. I joined ww in Feb 2002 and I have only missed 2 meetings i love the new programe compared to the old one and i have lost 72.6#. I feel great about myself and what I have accomplished so far. I still have about 30 to lose but I KNOW I CAN DO IT
Old 11-07-2002, 07:32 PM   #17  

I submitted my reply by accident I wasn't done yet. You are all here trying so that means something. Pick yourselves up and challenge yourselves to one day at a time, when you have one good day go to the next day. Everytime you want toput something in your mouth think twice think about what you have accomplished. The one thing I think about is that I want to be able to dance and my children's weddings I want to see my grandson grow up and get married. I want to live to grow old with my husband. I WANT TO LIVE. I guess that was more then one thing but they are all tied together. My health was not at a real bad point but it was suffering. I watched Oprah yesterday and I don't want to be like that. Those women were so sad and they were all so young.
No one can tell us to lose weight because they want us to. We have to want to do it for ourselves. We have to want to have the energy to run and play with our children or keep up with our 2 yr old grandson. We have to want not to be tired after we climb the stairs and we have to want to live life to its fullest for us.
Everyone hang in there you can do this for you.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:23 PM   #18  
You and Me in 2003

245/195
Total lost 50
Old 11-07-2002, 08:46 PM   #19  
I'm on my way!

Just popping in to say Hi on my way to BEDDY BYE!

Hope to catch up with you all this weekend!

TTFN Michelle
Old 11-07-2002, 09:27 PM   #20  

Angry Howdy Chicksters!

Couldn't resist posting for a second to say...

2CUTE: Oeey boy! That WAS bossy... but definitely awesome!

BAYLEE: Good questions!

*Hmmm... I've only been posting here since the beginning of June, just a few weeks after I started my diet!

*I've been trying to lose weight FOREVER just never with the intensity or drive that I am now! Like Duckie, I can remember being on a "diet" when I was just a kid... grade 4. I can still remember my exact weight, 101 pounds! I HAVE lost weight before but I have never been in the state of mind that I am in now. My "other" most significant loss was 65 pounds in my first year of university (6 years ago). While I was purposefully dieting, I never set goals and never considered MAINTAINING! Once I reach goal now... I am gonna STAY THERE and never stop monitoring my weight!

*Yeesh. Everyone knows my answer to your last question; I never shut up about it! My total loss since May is 87 pounds; I currently weigh 183 pounds down from 270 pounds!

Okay. Gonna stop yapping for a bit! Catch all you ladies tomorrow!

Sara
270/183/150
Old 11-07-2002, 09:30 PM   #21  
Dancing those pounds away

I just wrote this longggggggggg post to Lucky and then got knocked off line.

I don't have time to repeat it. Just let me say...
Lucky.... come climb up on my lap and lets rock together for awhile. Come on... climb up here. You are not too old, or too fat, or too BAD. Here... take my sleeve and wipe away those tears.
No more lecture... just hugs for the rest of the night.
Ahhhh... feel that gentle rocking, feel my hand stroking your hair.
You will be okay.... we will help you through this.
Just keep coming back.... you won't know what you missed if you are not here. You need to be here to hear that one statement that just may make the difference.
WE LOVE YOU !!!!
Old 11-07-2002, 10:20 PM   #22  

The last week has been awful.....I keeping thinking about how I DON'T take control and lose this weight...what is wrong with me? Then today I had to order a new Monday uniform for work - I hate it....I want to feel better but don't want to do anything about it.

So I continue to

2Cute: you made me cry harder, but you are an Thank you for holding me and stroking my hair. It helped. I just needed this bigtime "cry" to purge all of these terrible feelings out of my body.

You would think I would be happy....65 here today...snow, Monday....
Old 11-08-2002, 02:40 AM   #23  
Dancing those pounds away

Sshhhhhhh..... I have to whisper... Lucky fell asleep rocking. I don't want to wake her up. She looks like an angel when she is sleeping. LOL

I have been working on my garage sale all night and it is now 1am. I have to get up at 6am so this hopefully will be short. I took notes and realized I want to write a book of responses. Geee..... when I get on a roll you just can't shut me up.

Sara.. I see you suffer from the "savior syndrome" just like me. I think most overweight women do. Our hearts are as big as our butts !!!!

Duckie... Congratulations on all of your accomplishments.
38 days is SUPER !!!! Continue taking it one day at a time. PLease feel free to share your victories with us daily. Plus the towel wrapping and the zipper closing... what a day !!!! I loved your comment... "me in a nutshell... should be a nut house" LOL

Baylee.... Baylee .... Baylee.... I really wanted to write an entire book to you. LOL Not preaching or bossing... just hugging and consoling. We have all been where you are. And we will all return there on occasion too unfortunately. But we will all overcome it. I truly believe that female hormones play a big role in many of our emotional turmoils. It is important to be reminded that "this too shall pass".
Also... I agree with you 100%... we can be on these computers too much and need to get out and meet people and do things. In short we need to "LIVE LIFE" not just have life.

OH MY GOODNESS.... I just deleted a whole chapter of Baylee's book. Grrrr Maybe it wasn't meant to be tonight. I will take this as an omen to stop there with this book.

Kat..Oh my... I want to write you a book too. LOL
Swallowing hurt feelings... not being loved the way I needed to be loved. Oh how I can relate. As they say... what is eatting away at me affects what I eat away at. More to come on that.
(don't fear... nothing bossy) LOL

Dollar...Glad to see you visiting us. Hope you come in and post more often. Like you said... we are a very caring group.
I agreed with most of everything you said. I have to watch my reasons for staying on program. I can't have one of them be to be skinny. I would NEVER feel a sense of accomplishment then... because even after I lose 100lbs I would still be fat and feel what's the use... I am still fat. I always focus on Thinner than I am now.... more mobile than I am now... etc. Even after losing 100 lbs I am still farrrrr from goal. I need to be able to feel a sense of accomplishment. Hope you come back soon and often.

Michelle... nitey nite. Enjoy you Zzzzzzzzz

Lucky... when you wake up I hope you feel better. I agree with you too... a good cry is sometimes what a girl needs.

Mary.. 50lbs !!!! Yahoo

Thin...It sounds like you and I have pretty much the same diet library. I don't have the new walking tapes though. It is sooo funny. I am having this garage sale and I can't force myself to throw out any of my collection though. I don't know if that is funny or sad. LOL

TonToy... I know what you mean about gaining control. It is nice to be in control. But sometimes I have learned the best way to be in control is to.... let go of it. Letting go.... not having to be in control. Let go of the past instead of trying to control my emotions. Let go of those trigger topics. To learn that I can't control some things... and I just have to let go. I guess letting go is a form of control ... hmmmm that is deep. LOL

Steph... I am not ignoring you. What you said has brought back some bad memories to me and I am having to deal with it now. I have a lot I want to say... but I am not willing to as of yet. I do want to congratulate you on your 25lbs though. Keep up the good work and you will reach that goal in no time.

Okay... I have been typing here for nearly an hour. I have got to get to bed. I only have 4 hours till I have to get up for this darn stupid garage sale. I wish I never even planned it now. It is definitely too much work.... but I am focusing on the fact my garage will be clean Sunday and that makes me happy.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 11-08-2002 at 02:45 AM.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:46 AM   #24  

Quote:
I guess letting go is a form of control ... hmmmm that is deep.
by 2Cute

Light bulb!!!! I "try" to control everything and thought my problem was that I couldn't seem to control my weight. But now, 2Cute has given me something to really think about today. First she comforts me and lets me sleep now she makes me think. Thanks, 2Cute

I love garage sales. Wish I could come to yours.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:08 AM   #25  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello Fellow Chickies
Sorry I haven't been here much lately, I can only say I've been in a mood of somesort. I am stuck at 195 and have been for several months. But I guess no gain is good. With the holidays coming up my son wants me to start baking and I don't need the temtation but I am looking for healthy options. I can't imagine christmas without my BigMa. We always went to her house for a huge family dinner between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

You guys are really keeping this thread going I feel left out some since I haven't been here much. Hello to all my friends, Thin, 2Cute,Baylee, Duckee,Lucky, Kat, Dollar , Michelle, Sara, TonToy, Steph and anyone else I missed I love all of you. Know my good wishes are with all of you we can do this together.

well I better go I think I want some grits for breakfast and I don't like the instant kind.

Catch all of you later
~o)

started July 1, 2001
245/195
Old 11-08-2002, 09:46 AM   #26  
Progress..not perfection

Angry

Hey guys......I am here too. I have not left you. First of all, don't worry. I am fine and am still OP. Don't get me wrong......I have been tempted. Lord knows I have. But, thus far, I have been strong. The funny thing is........I have just had the posting blues. Does that make any sense? To be honest, I have had so much going on in my life lately, I have only been jumping on the computer at work for a few minutes and then haven't even got on it when I've gotten home. I've been kinda busy this week. NO, I am never too busy for you guys. It just seems like everyday when I get home from work, we've got somewhere to go and I don't even get to take my shoes off most days till around 9:00pm. I have read the first couple of posts on this thread & seems like we are all going down the same road this week. Must be something in the water. You have been drinking your water, haven't you?

I guess I've not been posting all that much not only because I've been busy, but because (and I know this is stupid) everytime I come here and read all the posts......I feel like you are all doing such interesting stuff and my life is so boring. Oh yeah, I have the occasional funny thing happen that I like to share with you, but for the most part......it's work, pick the kids up from school, come home, cook dinner, watch tv, do my exercise video and go to bed and I just can't come up with a long post to tell you everything I just told you in the last two sentences. I know. I'm an idiot. I just feel like I don't do anything interesting. My life seems very ho hum here lately. I don't travel all that much. I don't attend any interesting classes. My job is great and I love it, but nothing exciting really happens. Football season is over for the boys and I have really settled into this boring place. I think I just need to get a life.

Anyways, I have printed out this whole thread and I will go back and read it and then come back and post some more. I know we are not all on the road we want to be on, but we are here and talking about it and believe it or not, that is good. I love you all and thanks for listening to my ramble of the day. and to all of you.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:01 AM   #27  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello everyone! I'm headed to the theatre to be a 'show girl' today and tomorrow. I know I won't be here much as I'm doing an 'open' check (counting patrons) for the movie 8 Mile. It will be HUGE here because Eminem is a Detroiter and it was filmed here. (did I say this to you before? It sounds familiar.) Anyway, the first show time is 12:15 PM and the last show is 12:00 AM so you know where I'll be all day and into the night.

I hope to get some real movie watching in too while I'm there. There are a couple out that I'd really like to see. I'll get back to you later with some reviews.

I don't have much time, but I just wanted to update the group weightloss chart. Thanks, girls, for filling in some of the numbers. There's still a few of you that aren't cooperating. Just total pounds down, I don't need starting or current numbers. Check out the bottom for the total. We've lost a whole person, two, if you count 'skinny' people!

Sara: 87
Baylee: 27.1
Duckie/Tania: 33
Babette: 14
Tina: 15.5
Tontoy/Tonya: 8
Michelle: 21.5
Katrina: 16 I see how you hid that in your post and made me figure it out!
Mary: 50 Thanks for filling it in for me, Mary.
Bobsgal: 25 Didn't forget about you, sweetie, just only went back one thread and you weren't there. [[[hugs]]]
Dollar: 72.6 I added you because I hope you're doing more than 'just visiting'. Please join us.
Thinthinker: 37

If I missed anyone that has posted 'stats', please forgive me. I'm not looking for people to do the whole 'stat' thing, if they're not comfortable. I'm just looking for total lost for the tally. So far with just the few that I was able to find, we've lost 406.7#! Not bad, I'd say.

Well, girls, I'm gonna go up and make some microwave popcorn to take so I'm not tempted with the movie stuff and pack a few snacks and a bottle of flavored water to keep me happy. I'm going prepared this week. Last weekend I succumbed to a large popcorn on Saturday and then again on Sunday. Is it no wonder that I skipped WI (not Wisconsin) on Monday??? Bad girl, ME!!!

I really didn't get a chance to read everyone's posts, I was just scanning for the numbers for the chart. So I printed them out and am taking them to the show with me so I can read while I sit on the bench.

You guys have a good one. Love to all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 11-08-2002 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:29 AM   #28  
Michigan Old-Timer

Now that I've taken up the whole page. I guess I'll start a new thread.

DO NOT POST HERE! GO TO "300+ And Ready To Try Again....#238"

See you there.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:55 AM   #29  
a work in progress...

Thumbs down

You heard her!!! Get movin'!!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 11-08-2002 at 11:09 AM.
Closed Thread