3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Weigh-Cute Buddies! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/21698-weigh-cute-buddies.html)

Kempyd 11-07-2002 01:54 PM

Svelte is right Serina! Also if you cn slowly stop buying all of the junk in you rhouse then you won't have to deal with it being there. If I have something tempting there that me hubby bought I make him take it to work or keep it in his truck that way it is out. I try to keep some kind of fruit around for those sugar attacks. I do allow myself some sweets ever so often.

Trust us, you are not alone.

laney1733 11-07-2002 03:03 PM

Thanks for the welcome and the kind words guys.:) Right now I'm going minute to minute, lol!:) I so don't buy the junk!! The kids trick or treat candy is my biggest obstacle right now. How can I get rid of it without making my kids cry?? My one sister is a complete junk food junky. She brings home chips and pop all the time. I don't care for chips but I love Coke.:( The other sister, the pg one, wants me to eat out with her all the time, yikes!! I am surprised that I'm still hanging though. I usually would have given up by now. At least I'm still trying. That's how I'm thinking about it anyway. Usually I just eat to be eating, but if I'm at least AWARE of my eating, that's a step in the right direction.
I live about two hours from Columbus, one of my best friends just moved there to work in the Bank One headqyarters. She really likes it. I like to visit her just for the shopping!!! There are so many interesting stores there that we don't have. I could be dangerous. Have a great one everybody!;)

SvelteChicky 11-08-2002 08:06 AM

Laney, can't imagine having that kind of temptation in the house. Pregnant women can basicaly eat as much as they want, and they definitely don't wanna do it alone! Man, I hope you can get through that. Just think, she'll probably be here afterwards, looking for support to lose all that weight. And, you'll be here already. Then it may be easier for you. Until then, better make a plan!

Get that halloween candy outta there! Send the kids out, and let them give some away, and then when they're not looking, take it to work, or give it to a neighbor... or just throw it out. It's not worth the temptatoin. Let 'em cry... boy I sound mean, but it's so important that you think of yourself sometimes too.

Hope you're having a good week!

angieME 11-08-2002 08:15 AM

I agree with everyone else. Throw the candy out. I gave 5 baggies full of candy to my dad to take to work and I threw 12 Butterfinger bars away because noone would eat them (but I might). You can definately do this. When you eat out just try to choose healthier options. I make pizza and taco salad and everything "fatty" at home but I use lowfat ingredients and only eat one serving of them. After a while of eating and cooking healthy you won't even want to eat out anymore.
Good Luck and please stick around, we can all help each other alot.

Kempyd 11-08-2002 11:27 AM

DITTO,DITTO,DITTO
Get it out! You may need to sit down and talk to your sister and let her know how important this is to you. If she has to have junk around make her hide it. She might see that you are serious and have a change of heart.

laney1733 11-08-2002 04:28 PM

Wow, thanks guys for all the sweet posts.:dizzy: Well, today has been a good one. The scale went downa pound, for a grand total of 23. And I got the best hair cut of my life. I had about 3 inches cut off and it does this cute up-flip at the bottom. I love it!! Pg sister HAD to have the Hot Dog Shoppe after my appointment, but I did good. I always order 2 hot dogs w/ chili, a vanilla shake and fries. But today I had water, one dog and split fries with my sis. I'm so proud of me!! No, they don't have salads or anything but burgers and dogs, so my options were limited in that area. But my portions were good, so I'm satisfied.
Pg sister will definately be dieting as soon as the baby is born. She has always been small but has gained 50 pounds with the pg and is distraut. The baby is due Christmas day so that will be a big help to me with my New Years Resolution to stick to my healthier eating and exercise.
I think I am going to start giving the candy away a little at a time. A baggie here and a baggie there, they'll never notice!! I hope. I can't imagine throwing out 12 Butterfingers! That is willpower at its finast. You go girl!!:D Thanks everyone, and have a great one!!

FlowerJenni1022 11-08-2002 10:00 PM

I missed you girls yesterday! I didn't get to post or say Welcome to laney!

Laney - I know how you feel. I'm 27 and have 2 kids, and their halloween candy gave me a run for my money. One thing you can do, is get them treats that they like, but you don't like. For me it's m&m's. Crazy huh?

I'm feeling blue again..... I think I'm just lonely for some adult companionship. I get a little crabby when i haven't had in adult time to myself, and I can't afford a babysitter. My folks don't like to watch them much, because they get worn out, and Dad's always working (home office). I sound like a big ole pity party huh?

OH! Angie - you are so pretty!! I'm glad we get to see the real you! I'll have to find a recent photo of me and get it on here. Well, Off I go, to try and get these cray kids to go to sleep.

Good night!:sssh:

SvelteChicky 11-09-2002 09:31 AM

Yee-Haa! Thanks to AngieME, who resized my picture for me... Here I Am!!! Took forever to get on last night, so I gave up and went to bed. It's a breeze now, though. I took hubby for a walk, adfter receivingan awful phone call fro our doctor. Doc says, insuranc ecompany will pay for a certain treatment, but Doctor won't do it. What do we do? I could see DH getting really stressed, so I begged him to go out and take a walk with me. It was slower than I"m used to, but was good to have the company.

Eating right.. meaning, eating just enough, and afraid to cheat right now. Had a great day, yesterday, bought new undies and stuff. That was great! I feel pretty.

Thank God there's no candy here. I'd be hiding them in my sock drawer, lest my hubby eat 'em first. We're chocolate junkies here.

angieME 11-09-2002 09:42 AM

Looking good Chris!!! Are you going to have another doctor perform the procedure? I hope it works out for you guys. I stepped on the scales again. It said a loss of 2 more pounds...I think this weight (hopefully) is gonna come off as fast as I gained it. I gained the majority of it this summer. Sad,huh?The minute I stopped exercising I just ballooned.
Well we are off to the animal shelter to donate some supplies and my daughters birthday money..

If anyone else needs a pic resized just email it to me and I will shrink it and mail it back to you.

Talk to ya later

SvelteChicky 11-09-2002 02:37 PM

AngieME, sounds like you could start your own resizing business, huh? I'm amazed how fast you did it for me. Thanks again!

Glad to hear that you are off to the shelter to donate. Most people go there to look at animals, and forget what it takes to run those places. I used to volunteer with one of my clients. It ain't a pretty job, but somebody's gotta go in there. So, kudos for the fundraiser!

After talking it over the hubby, we're planning to start interviewing, literally, a few doctors in the area, and see who will use alternative therapies (just in case), and who will be proactive with his Crohns Disease. I mean, if pregnant women do this interviewing thing, why not us? We need to know for sure that they wanna take on this challenge. Then we'll feel secure knowing our doctor cares, and we'll discuss the importance of this treatment,a dnsee what they'd "hypothetically" do in this case. Hey, balls in our court, I figure. SO, Monday, we'll start making appointments.

Did lots of yard stuff today, and got in an early morning walk. I'm beat, so we'll watch a movie, get some chinese, and lay around in flannel PJ's all night. See ya tomorrow!

laney1733 11-09-2002 08:45 PM

FlowerJenni, you do not sound like pity party! I know just how you feel and I sympathize. My dh has been working about 80 hours a week this last week and it's about to kill me. The baby is teething and the other two seem to need me constantly. I can't even get a seconds peace in the bathroom!!:( My mom usually watches at least the older two for a few hours each weekend but they are out of town. I sooo know how you feel. Have you ever heard that saying, "It takes a village...(to raise a child)" I so believe it!! We moms need a break too. My thoughts are with you.
AngieM, you are doing so aqmazingly well!! I'll admit, I'm a wee bit jealous.;) Congrats on all your hard work.
All of your pics are awsome! I love having a visual on who I'm conversing with. We don't have a digital camera or a scanner so I shall remain a mystery!!
And I gave away a big, ole bag of Halloween candy to a friend today. Yeah me!! Have a great one everybody.:)

FlowerJenni1022 11-10-2002 12:09 AM

Well, I made it through Saturday.... sort of. I DID eat ice cream and cheese balls..... BUT, I went to the store, so now there is something other than just junk to munch on. Oh! And I discovered they are making Diet Cherry Coke! I bought one at the gas station and it was actually good. Only problem is Walmart didn't have any. The coke guy was there, and I asked and he said they didn't have any except up by the registers in single 20 ounce bottles, and I couldn't find any.

So, I'll have to pay the too high prices at the gas station I guess. I had a great day though. My ex took the kids from 11:30 to 6:30 and I had some quality "mommy" time. Took a nap, Took a shower (without any little eyes peeking in), and shopped at walmart in peace. It rocked. And, I bought myself a killer shirt at Cato. Do yall have Cato in your home towns? I love their stuff, and benig a 22, they have a lot of wonderful plus size stuff..... Even better, They have regular stuff too, so when I get skinny I can still shop there. DIllard's has a lot of nice plus stuff too, but it is sooo expensive! Okay, I c'm babbling again. Happy Sunday girls!! - Jen

angieME 11-10-2002 08:36 AM

Jen I am glad you had a nice day. Taking care of your kids by yourself you definately deserve some mommytime.

Chris, Good for you. I would be interviewing doctors too. Your husband deserves the best possible care there
is and if your current doc isn't doing it than he shouldn't be getting your money.

Kempyd, I hope you had a great weekend!!!

Serina, You are so lucky to have your mom atke your kids a couple of hours each week. I can never get rid of mine. LOL they are with me all the time. Thank goodness for school that is me and hubbys only alone time.

SvelteChicky 11-10-2002 04:26 PM

Hey girls, hope you've done okay during this weekend. Saw grandpa at the nurisng home, took hinm out to chinese. Did okay eating wise. I'm good at chinese. Hard to cheat wiht all those veggies around! Hubby feeling run down, but no ER visits. Thank God. Spent the afternoon with my very critical father... who mentioned he's dating someone. This is a big deal, since he's been married 3 times, and was dumped by all three. But, maybe a new flame will lighten him up, and he'll ease off picking on me. He did mention I look great though, for osme reason that matters to me.

Feeling so tired, realyl dreary day. Treid to talk hubby into doing sunday school without me. I hardly slept last night... but wen tin anyway glad I did really. Those teens need us to be there.

All you girls who have kids... we have none yet, but I'd love to hear little kids around here. It's always way too quiet. Dogs don't count for kids in that way. Happy Sunday right back at ya!

angieME 11-10-2002 04:34 PM

Chinese is my weakness

OMG if I tried to eat chinese food I would so be off the wagon!!!! Lo mein is my downfall. I could literally eat it for every meal. I wish I could make it lowfat at home but I really like it the best when it has extra oil in it. sick huh?

Me and Jay did so good yesterday instead of a Tender Roast sandwich we decided on Subway. and it was yummy. We did the river walk today and it was nice. I just went out and put my Christmas lights on the deck and hubby needs to do the isicle lights around the house.:df: