Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 03:12 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good Afternoon ladies!!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I didn't get the email alert letting me know you gals have been posting! Don't you hate it when that happens??
Ginny I know how you feel about dishwashers. I am currently without one right now too. There wasn't anywhere to put it in our new kitchen but come february we are redoing our kitchen (to a much larger, nicer version) and will get a dishwasher then. SO we are handwashing until then... and I hate everysecond of it So enjoy your new one!!
Glad to hear everyone is doing good on their diets! I think Mel is really motivating everyone here!
Welcome Beki! I am Spryng. I am currently not dieting because I found out a few weeks ago I am expecting my 3rd child... and I am so sorry to hear about your loss. But I still lurk around here and these great ladies put up with me I hope to hear more from you and get to know you better!
As for me... I'm doing good. I hit 8 wks today. Woo-hoo! I feel like I am finally getting somewhere!! I see my midwife this wednesday and I am really excited about that, plus I'll find out how much I've gained since becoming pregos. Hopefully not much. But with the morning sickness I eat what seems like constantly to keep it under control, so I am hoping I'm not gaining like crazy. It doesn't feel like I am. I wish I had a scale. My MIL can't find hers so I can't weigh over there either.
Well, I need to get some things done while I have the energy to do it right now so I'll chat with you all later!! Bye! And have a great day all!!
Old 11-11-2002, 11:52 PM   #17  

Thank you ladies for the warm welcome. Please forgive me, but it will take me a little while to get everyone straight!

Spryng, congrats on your pregnancy! You must be so excited. How old are your other children?

Karen, I'm glad to hear that the patches are helping with the endo pain. Hopefully the headaches will subside soon. Hormonal fluxuations can really cause sone doosies. After this last mc I had a headache for about 2 weeks - I guess from the hormonal changes of removing the pregnancy and my milk wasn't dried up from bf'ing my daughter (which, btw, I never thought I'd have milk this long after weaning!). I'm sure my hormones were a mess!

Mel, I'm sure you'll do fine with the big wigs. Just put on a smile and have fun!

Ginny, dishwasher update???

Today wasn't too hot for me. I did well until supper. Today is my day to work, so when I got home I was tired and hungry (and weak) so we went for Chinese. I tried to just load my plate with veggies, but those egg rolls and crab rangoons were calling my name, along with the sesame chicken...get my drift. I didn't get so full that I was about to pop and I passed up dessert, so it wasn't a total pig fest. I did manage to get a workout in tonight, so I should sleep well with a little less guilt. My plan as of now it to get up in the morning and go for a walk before my massage. Yes, I am going for my first massage tomorrow. Dh bought it for me for my birthday back in May and I am finally getting around to using it. I'm sure it will be heavenly!

Beki
Old 11-12-2002, 07:59 AM   #18  

quick response I havent given up just not much online time yet (10 hours a month freebie) my scale is wayyyy off since I moved tells me my 5 yr old son weighs 95 pounds and I weigh 331 according to it.. When I get a chance I will check on yall you guys doing great and CONGRATS to you spryng .. My friend is due anyday so I baby sit her in case water breaks.. I check for PNs daily so just thought you want to know take care and see ya soon I hope
Sheila
Old 11-12-2002, 10:47 AM   #19  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!!!
Just a quick hello~ as I have mega housework to do. The clan was home yesterday from school......so the house was trashed big time. The dishwasher arrived yesterday, and Dh will install it tonite, he seems to think that it will be easy to do, as the new DW is the much younger cousin of the old one..... I am so sick of dishes!!! I have been getting my walks in.. bit by bit. And there is a slow improvement in my eating, but I really need to get in gear. I brought out some old sweaters that looked great on me last year and this year make me look like a cow. (MOO MOO)
Gotta get that weight off..........again.

Beki- so glad that you joined us!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you will fit right in with the insanity here. I just love the ladies here and am sure that you will come to love them and their supportiveness too.
Sorry about your mc's. I have had a total of 4-, with 3 of them within one year. (what an awful year that was!). But feel free to "unload" on me if you need to chat about it. Enjoy that massage.

Spryng- hang in there with that morning sickness. I know what a bummer it is. But it does go away!!!!

Karen- good for you, you loser!!!!!!!! Are you feeling better, I hope?

Mel- did you survive the birthday party?????? ( I am due for one of them in a few weeks... talk about stress! but fun!).

Shelia-glad that you could check in!!!

I gotta scoot! Today is my day to help out at Dd's school. Sorry to be so short with my responses.
Hope your day is going well.
Ginny
Old 11-12-2002, 11:16 AM   #20  

Good morning all!
Well almost a good morning. I am sick, sick, sick this morning. Trying to eat small meals isn't working today, my stomach is really upset. Ugh. I know, I know, I complain when I am not sick that I worry about the baby and when I am sick I complain! But today is really getting me down!
Beki, my dd will be 3 next month and my ds will be 2 next month (they are 11 months apart) They are now at the ages where they are much easier to care for. My dd is potty trained and my ds is good at letting me know when he is dirty. I figure I'll potty train him come spring when it warms up. I have a feeling he'll be pretty easy like his big sister.
Glad to hear your dishwasher is in Ginny and that you are getting your walks in. Now that we live in a nice neighborhood I have thought about getting some walks in too but it's been freezing lately!! And I hate to bundle up. But I know I should do some sort of exercise.
Well, I think I'm going to lay down on the couch while the kids are watching their cartoons. Maybe I'll feel better in a little bit. Have a great day all!
Old 11-14-2002, 12:14 AM   #21  
One day at a time.

Good evening ladies~

I'm still here, just busy getting ready for our trip tomorrow. I'm still very nervous and now maybe even more so, cause the one person I know can't go now. I found out a couple of days ago that Dh won't be with me Thursday night, until after dinner. He's flying in after a meeting here at his shop, so I'll be all alone in a strange land (kind of like Alice)! Y'all please think happy thoughts for me, Please!

Ginny, yes I survived the b-day party but I did have pizza and a slice of cake.

I was very surprised and happy at weigh in this week, when I registered a 2.2 lb. loss!!! Yeah!!! Which brings my Nov. total to 4 lbs. so I think I'll make our challenge and that leaves me with 15.8 lbs. to lose for my New Years mini goal. My total lost since 6/11/02 is now at 58.6 lbs!!! I've cleaned out my closet and am slowly buying a few thing, but don't want to spend much cause it seems like a waste knowing I won't wear it for long.

Beki, I really think that you'll are gonna like it here, sounds like you've got a lot in common with some of these sweet ladies. Enjoy your massage, I'm so jealous of you have fun!

Spryng, I hope your morning sickness passes quickly, believe me, I remember it vividly. I hope you can rest and maybe it will pass before you know it. Take care!

Sheila, glad to hear from you, and we hope you can soon visit more often!

Well, I leave in the morning, so I better get finished packing! I'll be back in a few days, take care!

274.2/215.6/135
Old 11-14-2002, 09:48 AM   #22  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Mel! You are such an inspiration! Congrats on the loss! I will be thinking about you this weekend! Hope all goes well! You will be fine! I just know it.

Spryng - I do hope you are feeling better! Morning sickness is not fun! I remember! take care and dont overdo!

Ginny- how is the new dishwasher? I know you have to be thrilled!

Beki - How was that massage?? OH! I could use one about now!

As for me, well.. eating has ben pretty good but exercise is non existant. remember that new theraphy I was talking about? I now have migraines and high BP from the hormones. So we stopped those all together. It looks like I might be facing surgery after all. Sigh....

Today is my weekly house cleaning day. I have almost 4.5 hours to myself because I dont have to drive to school today! So I will hopefully be getting a lot done and have some time to take a walk!

Talk to you all soon!
Old 11-14-2002, 01:24 PM   #23  

Good morning all!
Congrats mel on another great loss! You are doing so great!
Well my first midwife appointment was yesterday and let me tell you I think I am in love!! She is what I have always wanted in a doctor! Plus remember me telling you all that I am already showing at 8 weeks (I started popping out at 7 weeks) and feeling movement? Well when she measured my uterus it's measuring at 12 weeks along!! SO we are going to have an ultrasound in three weeks to confirm my due date and make sure there is only ONE baby in there I'm very excited. I'm really hoping I'm further along then what I thought. That would be nice.
Well, I have to get off here and get some stuff done while my morning sickness is sleeping! I'm worthless when it wakes up lol!!
Talk to you ladies later.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:54 AM   #24  

Hello Ladies!

Mel, a big congrats on the weight loss -- that's teriffic! Have fun on your trip, Alice.

Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems. Too bad about the surgery. When do you think it'll be?

Spryng, WOW. Measuring 12 weeks??? How sure are you on your dates? Hmm, there may be more than 1 in there, which could explain the strong ms. Isn't it nice to gae a great Dr? Glad you found one you like.

Ginny, get that house cleaned? That's a never ending battle for me. It's amazing that it can be spotless one second and then totally trashed the next. And living in a small house with a husband, kid, dog and cat don't help any. If it isn't the kitty litter all over the floor it's dog hair, or mud, or smeared yogurt! (sounds like a zoo, doesn't it?)

Well, my massage was wonderful. I have to make it a point to do that again, but full body next time. The 30 min massage was only upper, but that was enough. Afterward since Lily was taken care of for the afternoon I did some shopping, though I would have loved to go home and nap. I was so relaxed. I guess that's why it took me so long in Target.

My eating has been pretty crappy, but exercise has been good. I've been keeping up with my weight routine and tonight I did the 45 min tape of Walking Away the Pounds. Tonight I had a party that had great food - sweedish meatballs, fried chicken nuggets (the real thing) and finger sandwiches. I didn't have any dessert, which was a good thing. Hopefully the walking will help burn some of that off Tomorrow is a new day with a new opportunity to do great!

Beki
Old 11-15-2002, 06:22 AM   #25  

HELLO!! I am a SAHM of 3 girls,7,3 and 1yr.I work during the summer.We own a soft ice cream business and run a concession stand at a beach.Not a very good business for those who like junk(GUILTY) anyway,the summer is over and I started going to W.W. in Sept.did lose 10 lbsI weigh in this morning and I don't think I going back after today.$12.00 a week is pissing me off and I know if I find the support here I can do it.I am really hoping to meet some friends here.Gotta Go before the kids wake up.Stacy
Old 11-15-2002, 08:54 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Everyone!

I'm sorry that I haven't posted much in the past week or so. I've been SO busy! Or should I say: "SEW BUSY!" On Monday and way.... into the wee hours of Tuesday I was working on a Pioneer dress for my dd. Their school had a field trip to Thee Olde School house on Tuesday. It was an all day field trip & I decided to join them for the entire day of reinactment. Both Monday & Tuesday was well worth the extra time, as I'm also a history buff myself!
Beki & Stacy: Welcome to our thread! We have a great group of gals here, so I'm sure you both will enjoy our company. A lot of us are following the WW plan too! Sheila: It's great to see you posting again too! Anytime you have the chance to pop in, please do so. I enjoy hearing from you! And as always: It's always great to see Spryng, Ginny, Melissa & Karen posting. I'm sorry if I have missed anyone else. I'm just taking the names from this most recent thread. I don't have too much to address you all, so.... I'll just sum my life up in a nutshell! I've been doing so,so on the 5# Thanksgiving challenge. I've been falling behind on my water, no direct exercise, but have been trying to at least "watch" what I've been putting in my mouth. Well-DH needs his laptop, so I'll close for now. I'll try & visit more later, okay? TTFN!
Old 11-15-2002, 10:42 PM   #27  

Good evening all! And welcome Stacy! I think you'll find both the friendship and support you are looking for here and the best part is its FREE!! There are several who are on WW and they do it from home and get support here so hopefully it will work for you too. But I look forward to hearing more from you and getting to know you better. By the way, I'm Spryng. Mother of 2 (2 and 11 months and 1 and 11 months) and one on the way! SO obviously I'm not currently dieting but I've been here for so long now that I tend to lurk about and the ladies put up with me. Hope you can too!
OK, so my day was STRESSFUL. I was really sick all day yesterday to the point of not moving around at all because it would aggitate it and I thought going to bed would help but I was waken all night by nasea. Yuck. Today though started out better. I woke up feeling fine then we went to my MIL (most of you know how we get along) and while there we had a huge fight. Things were said and feelings were hurt and things got out of hand, but in the end it got settled with many tears flowing and hugs and such. It needed to happen and I'm glad now that it did but it was very hard on me. I hate being so upset. So now I'm exhausted and I'm calling it a night. See you all tomorrow!
Old 11-16-2002, 05:13 PM   #28  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!!!!!
Sorry that I have not been able to post........just been so busy!!!!
Ds had a basketball game this afternoon.........they lost but it was a close game and he played well.
Welcome Stacy!!!! I agree, the WW fees seem a bit much after a while.....and when I am in diet mode, I can do just fine with the support I get from these ladies. Hope to get to know you better.

Jackie- gee the more I get to know you the more I find out that we have a ton in common. My instant messenger screen name is about sewing (my secret passion, actually I have plans to break out the machine tonite!!!!!!) and I too am a history buff. Took youngest Dd to a Civil war reenactment late this summer, and to one of the local "living museums" here- a house built just prior to the Revolutionary War, that General Washington visited. And the book I am attempting to read (with my limited time) is a real Civil War diary. So now that I have bored you to tears!!!!!
Hang in there with the 5# challenge, ok?
Spryng- I hope that you are feeling better!!!!!!! Does your morning sickness usually go away in the 2nd trimester? Glad that you have been to the midwife and love her. What a comfort to have confidence in your medical professional!

Beki- Keep up that walking !!! Oh, that massage sounds soooo nice!!!!!!

Melissa- relax!!! I hope that your trip goes well. (but you are probably gone by now).

Hey- is anyone getting emails that there has been a reply to the thread? Not me anymore- and it is so easy to use if I have limited time on the computer.

Where is everyone having Thanksgiving???? Ours is here......and true to form, Dh is actively (as I type) demolishing a bathroom- down to the studs!!!! ( he did this last year too- except that this year it is the main bath- the one that guests would use!!!!!!)
Aw, his timing is kooky, but he is a "keeper" and I am truly blessed to have him for a husband.

Gotta go..........it is getting awful noisy up there...............
Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 11-17-2002, 02:44 PM   #29  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!
Gee where is everyone????? The demolition continues here.....and the dust is a flying! I must add that last year when Dh demolished the bath he did it in two stages......the first 2 days before Thanksgiving (which was here with inlaws!) and the second stage 2 days before Christmas. Aw, the bath came out great~ he is very creative and really does a professional looking job. But I guess that I will be living with the vacuum tomorrow, as the house is so dusty and messy.

I slept last nite. A lot. I crashed just after dinner- and basically spent the nite in bed from about 7pm to 7 am. This past week has been so kooky, a lot has happened and I worked a lot. Plus I got a little stomach bug (nothing awful) so I guess I just needed the rest. It is rare that I take any time off these days.....

I did get a 35 minute walk in this am, rain and all. It felt good.
I guess with the way that I am feeling now, I will probably have soup for dinner (I'll cook dinner for the gang, however) and call it quits there. So, my eating is ok today.........guess it took a stomach bug to get me into shape! I am definately on for the Thanksgiving challenge...........I looked at myself while getting ready for church today and realized that I am as heavy as I ever was........bummer..........but I do want to get it off and look a bit better for Christmas.

Ok, enough rambling. I have to go finish cleaning up from lunch and then off to Walmart. ( I was planning to go Friday, but Dh's car broke down on the Thruway and we had to go pick him up from the repair shop by his work).

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!!
Ginny
Old 11-17-2002, 02:54 PM   #30  

Good afternoon all!
Sounds like your house is in an uproar Ginny! But at least when it is all over with you will have a beautiful bathroom to show for it. I can't wait to get started on our house this next year. Hopefully, too, that extra sleep did you some good. I know I can sure use some. I am so tired but at the same time I'm wide-awake. Does that make any sense? The kids are down for their naps right now and instead of me stealing a nap I'm fixing to take a shower and get dressed to go to my DH's cousins house for dinner tonight. So I'll be beyond tired when we get home tonight. But it's always fun there. her husband is an over the road truck driver and we don't get to see him much so when he's in town and we go visit it's always a blast. He's the funniest man I know.
Well anyway, I hope everyone is having a great day and I am routing for all to make their 5 # challenge by thanksgiving!!!! Keep up the hard work all!
Closed Thread