Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Stacy, thanks for the info!

Pink, sounds like you're off to a good start! How do you like that Kashi cereal?? I keep seeing the commercials for the Go Lean Crunch..that berry crumble looks yummy!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #47  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone
My day's been okay, I probably went over my calorie limit (i'm not sure because I keep starting to enter foods I've had and then very willingly let myself get distracted, probably because I don't want to think about having a sort-of off-plan day already) BUT I haven't had anything too horrible (just a little 10-minute candy binge) and I figured out an amazing new recipe today. I'm not disheartened, I had candy but no more beer, even though my boyfriend brought home a delicious new expensive kind, which is my beer weakness. I'm going to have to shift habits and start drinking when he gets home from work to enjoy my one or two drinks. I very much enjoy drinking with lunch, but it's a habit I'll happily kick.
And of course I KNOW that going over limit today doesn't mean I have to throw my hands up and quit, or even be disheartened, because if I eat good tomorrow I'll probably have an even better loss than I would have. I'm buying batteries for my wii fit balance board tomorrow too so I can start weighing every day. I find that that's essential to my weight loss.
@Lindsey- OMG congrats on the SECOND nsv victory! That is the best feeling, isn't it? Good luck on your interview, I'll be sending out good and happy thoughts (for the interview and the long walk!). You definitely start appreciating portions when dieting. I did get a little carried away with the candy for a minute this afternoon, and ate about five fun-size pieces (ugh) but I was quickly able to recover and I put it all in a walmart bag in the drawer of my boyfriend's nightstand. It's his now. yes I know where it is and can easily go to it, but I don't want to throw it out, and he tends to eat tons at a time so I don't think it will last long. Plus it will be easier to ignore when it's not out!
@Aimee- ooo cheese dip is my greatest weakness. I cannot blame your indulging. If I had it in my fridge I'd go crazy. But at least it's gone now, and you can moveon to bigger and better things I keep putting my boyfriend off when he says we need to go to the store because I like having hardly anything to choose from right now. I am definitely familiar with the yucky feeling, of having garbage in your belly and bad thoughts in your head. Of course, we must learn that everything is wonderful is moderation--but with cheese dip, you'd have to have no taste-buds to use moderation (or maybe just have to have a way-healthy relationship with food, which I definitely don't have). Good luck, stay strong!
Hope everyone's started off to a fabulous november

*I'm editing to add the recipe I came up with today--instead of chicken and a baked potato, we had home-made pizzas--not a better choice but I had cravings after Your Pie for lunch. We're having the chicken tomorrow.
Personal Pizzas:
One whole wheat or low-carb/light burrito tortilla (preferrably a few days old or even almost stale around the edges, like the last few in the pack) 200 calories or less
Marinara sauce- 80 calories (just a half a cup, actually a bit less. ours wasn't light, you can probably find some that is)
Light mozzerella cheese- 70 calories
Tomatoes, onion and fresh garlic, or whatever toppings you choose. It's 30 calories or less of veggies.
Assemble and bake at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes (but watch it, because it'll vary depending on the tortilla you use and the heat of your oven)
It's only 380 calories and really amazing. My boyfriend LOVED his and he doesn't like diet food at all. Just wanted to share, I was very pleased. It was almost as good (if not better) than the pizza I bought for lunch, but cheaper in money and calories!

Last edited by munchievictim; 11-01-2010 at 10:45 PM.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #48  

Munchie - Thank you! I'll need good thoughts for both, lol. That walk is what I'm more concerned about. It's not like I can walk into my interview in workout clothes and tennis shoes, so my feet might be hating me! Oh well, just what I need right before my Wednesday "official" weigh in. You're very right - you appreciate every little morsel you can have. I notice I eat slower, to enjoy to food now instead of shoveling it in as fast as I can! I appreciate the little amount I CAN have of something. I think you did good eating only a few pieces. I mean I guess when we do indulge we need to be proud we didn't do what the old us would have! The old me would have been like whatever, I ate five, I'll eat a few more, what's the point of stopping now?! Sometimes if I do that or am about to eat something I shouldn't I stop and think for about 10 seconds before I eat it, should I REALLY eat this? Is it worth it? Good thinking - out of sight, out of mind! If my husband buys any yummies I make him buy something I won't eat...like he LOVES ice cream, loves cookie dough (I don't)...I tell him "Get that!" Hahaha...it will keep me from being tempted. Now if it had PB cups...yikes...I'd probably be in trouble! I think you're doing a great job. EVERYONE at some point gets a little off track. Be proud of your accomplishments thus far, even the NSVs, and keep on truckin'! for your kind words!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 11-01-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #49  

Overall a great day.
Breakfast
1.5 cups of black coffee
Snack
skipped, but I planned on eating an apple
Lunch
Grilled chicken breast with veggies
had that apple while waiting for the chicken to be done
Dinner
I made a Good Earth boxed entree
Herb Crusted Chicken with Musrhroom risotto & veggies
snacked on a cheese stick to curb the taste testing (usually I pre-eat dinner than have 2nds..lol)
Water & fluid intake
I didn't measure but I know I refilled my large cup at least 4 full times plus the partial re-fills to keep the water ice cold.
Unsweetened ice tea (hubbies leftover tea from Carl's Jr. lunch) (I ignored the bag to see what else was leftover)
Excercise
Nada today, except for chasing the escaped cats for 10 minutes. This resulted in straining my back & it was difficult to even stack dishes this evening.
I'm pleased with how I did, especially avoiding tempting treats.
Ninacali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #50  

Nina- Sounds like you had a great day, except for hurting your back! That's the worst! Take it easy & rest...heating pad time!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:01 AM   #51  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone. Been a bad, bad end to October. I STILL feel bloated after eating. The stuff with my doctor has left me stressed, and so has stuff with my hubby and I. I did really bad for a couple of days but for the most part have stayed close to plan. Too much sodium, but other than that it's been ok. I haven't weighed myself in a long time. I don't want to. I feel so bloated and huge... I had a banana a little bit ago and just had to unbutton my pants. My doctor said bananas cause stomach acid to increase and that's why I can't eat them, but everything *I've* read, says they're supposed to decrease it. She was going to put me on something called an antispasmodic but when I asked how that would affect constipation, she said Oh, it'll make it WAY worse. *facepalm* So I didn't accept the script. Did I mention I can't frikkin stand her? Bananas can cause bloating, but it was either a banana or a Snickers Ice cream bar...

I've been trying to get in a 4 mile walk with my dog every day. I tried jogging/running again, just alternating 1 minute jog then 5 min walk. I dunno if I'm ready though. My ankle hurt so bad by the time I got home I had to elevate and ice it. I'm so discouraged.

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 11-02-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:49 AM   #52  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Let's make it a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:50 AM   #53  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Kris I always send up a little Prayer for you. Stay strong.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #54  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Friends!!

I am down 1.4 this morning to 235.4. I will take that and run. Thank you to my body for letting go of some water weight. I was 100% on plan yesterday and will be again today!!!

I didnt make it to the gym yesterday and won't make it there today either. I am having some kind of a tooth issue happening. My jaw hurts big time. And now the pain from that is radiating down my chin and up the side of my face to my temple. Awesome! I do have a dental appt today at 5. I am hoping that this can all be solved by yanking the problem tooth and then I can be on my way.

So since I won't be gyming, I am making sure to stick to my plan to the LETTER! I look forward to start my c25k journey on Wednesday. Hoping that my jaw won't be bothering me. Regardless, I will be completely on plan. I am still going strong with no candy too. My son has a bunch of it sitting on the kitchen table and it's not even bothering me. I am very thankful for my 3fc family to keep me going strong!

BBL for personals. Gotta get ready to leave.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #55  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Kris I always send up a little Prayer for you. Stay strong.
This brought instant tears to my eyes.... Thank you very much. You are such an inspiration!
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #56  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaP View Post
It should help me flush some of the water weight I picked up over the weekend because of my carb overload (I was 215 this morning - tonight 213, will see what tomorrow brings).
212.4 today. I'm going to do the mostly protein shakes thing again today, but may add one more in for more calories (155). This morning was "trash day" so I threw the last two pieces of wedding cake that I had at my house in the trash. I had planned to take them to a new neighbor but I haven't caught them at home in the last few days so I just tossed them. Better to not have the temptation in the house. I also brought the rest of the Halloween candy to work today and put it in the breakroom - right next to the cake I brought in yesterday.

This morning I was in the kitchen at work making my protein shake and there was a lady in there fixing her breakfast (the same overweight lady that told me months ago that I would never get out of plus sizes because of my age and the fact that I've had children). She pointed at my shake and said "that would never hold me over, I'd be starving in an hour but this (and she pointed to her huge bowl of frosted flakes) will hold me pretty good until lunch." Really? How can a bowl of sugar keep you full until lunch? I just don't get it. Now I know frosted flakes can taste pretty good (I bet it would be too sweet for me now), but there's no way it's as filling as 24 grams of protein. I was nice, but I also made sure to point out that I'm wearing my new size 12 jeans and said "it's just so awesome to walk into a store and head to the normal sizes and know that's where I belong."
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #57  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone

Kris you go Girl

I'm trying to be accountable here.

I can't begin to know what the calories were for yesterday but here is what I can remember of what I ate.

Lunch at 2:30am
Choc Slim Fast, 16oz green tea, light peach yogurt

Brunch with my oldest her treat at Carlos O Kellys at 11:45am
3 small chicken fajitas with fried onion, refried beans, salsa and a little shred cheese and unsweetened tea

Dinner
Shrimp creole with brown and white rice on a small plate me

67.6ozs of water
16ozs coffee (pooped)
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:37 AM   #58  

I'll be back for personals later after my interview...just wanted to post real quick.

Bummer of a morning! I hopped on the scale. 163.0. -0.4 from yesterday. I've just been sticking around 162-163 for the last week and it's making me VERY frustrated! I'd love to know you ladies opinions. I fairly consistently eat 1200 calories a day, now in Oct I had like 4 "over" days, nothing major, but I was over. I do exercise, usually aim for 4-5 times per week, for about 30-45 mins. Do you think my body has went into a little "survival mode"?? Since I'm eating little calories and working out a lot, it's going "Hold your horses!!!!! We gotta keep some of this weight!"..?? Tomorrow is my official weigh in and it will probably be about the same from last week. I'm seriously considering upping my calories to 1400 per day with the 4-5 days/week of workouts. I did order some Jillian Micheal's DVDs last night, once I get those and do those I was thinking sticking to 1400 for a while, then possibly going up to 1500. I thought I'd ask you ladies what YOU thought, since you've probably been there, done that..you've hit those little plateaus. Let me know what you think! Ok, off to get dressed for this interview and hopefully not freeze but booty off walking there! 50 out right now..yikes! I'll be by later... to everyone!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #59  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Helloooooooooo Everyone! A new month already, crazy stuff!

Hi and Welcome to the group seagirl, lcc2shc, munchie, karate, bumbar, nina, Atari, Star, Princess! Glad to have you join us!

Diana, Krampus, Vixsin, Stacy, LittleL, Mama, love, Pint, cincim, Abstract, roxanne, shells Let's make it another great month!!!!

Last edited by L R K; 11-02-2010 at 12:58 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #60  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

The end of October was a little rough for me and a little rough on the scales too, that flu really just screwed me up. Anyways, moving forward to November my 1st goal this month is to get back down to my ticker weight, i'm just a couple of pounds off. Then my monthly goal is to hit my mini goal of 186lbs.

Had a pretty good weekend, was a long weekend for me. Spent all day yesterday wedding dress shopping and guess what?!?!!? I found my dress!!! I will post pictures in my blog later today but I am very very happy with the dress I picked! Let me know what you think

Here is the plan for the day Tues 11/2/2010

B - 1 small whole wheat bun w/ natural peanut butter + 1 choc.soy pudding + 1 banana

S - 1 cup raw broccoli w/ hummus + lollipop

L - Veggie Pad Thia (about 1 cups worth) + 1 cup mixed veggies

S - 1 small apple + 5 triscuits

D - Homemade Red Raddish Tabloueh w/ bulgar wheat, hot sauce and hummus

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + 2L water

Exercise: 30min brisk walk with the dog.

Have a happy, healthy and OP day

Last edited by L R K; 11-02-2010 at 02:17 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote