Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #211  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Well, I've never been in to counting calories, but I'm really happy with the good food I ate today:

4 rings of pineapple
1/4 cup of cottage cheese
6 stalks of celery
1/4 cup of tofu

chicken breast
1 cup of roasted beets, yams, & eggplant w/olive oil
1/2 cup brown rice

skipped the exercycle because I raked leaves for an hour. Really felt the muscles in my torso.
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:08 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

So, the last couple days really did me in for an eating plan. sigh. Really the last 4 days. Thursday SO and I went out to eat at a buffet and I ate too much. Friday I had a long workout planned but had some unexpected plans come up and never made it to the gym, Saturday I got hurt and on the way home from the hospital had fast food with SO and then pizza for dinner because I wasnt the one cooking. Today was a buffet breakfast cause SO didnt want to cook but at dinner, I made dinner (made oldest be my legs) but we had some really really sugary rice krispy type bar for dessert. I didn't finish mine but the fact that I had any at all.

I feel miserable now because not only am I injured, I feel like crap from what I have been eating. I'm already missing my workouts. I can't believe its going to be two months before I can do water aerobics again.

sigh, I'll be joining the mon, weds, fri aerobics for active older adults because there is one senior there that is in a wheelchair. At least it will be something. I'm not even sure what else I can do. I know there should be some arm weights or something, but I have never used the machines at the Y. Just went to classes.

Sorry, I'll quit feeling sorry for myself, lol. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude but am kinda mad about how badly I have managed my eating habits this week!

Meds are kicking in, I'm going to head to bed. Night all. I'll try and catch up on personals tomorrow

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:37 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Weekends are hard for a lot of us, huh? I stayed OP with eating however I had 1 martini and 1 beer Saturday night. I wasn't any higher on the scale though so I was happy.

I don;t exercise on Sunday but I did take a walk and went bowling... certainly doesn't add up to an hour of spinning!

Had a new breakfast... Lean Complete. One of my dr. friends gave it to me. it is only 140 calories and 20g protein. It filled me real well. I was really happy with it. GUess I'll have to buy some from her!

Stacy
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:11 AM   #214  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Stayed completely on-plan today! Since I was short on calories, I had a little bit of beans and cornbread. It put me at 1395 calories.

I'm very tired and ready for bed. YAY!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:01 AM   #215  
You'll be given love...

S/C/G: 328/283/140.00

Height: 5'5

Alright, sunday check in!

Breakfast protein shake: soy milk, pineapple, apple, nectarine, Genisoy powder, Oikos yogurt and ice.

Hard boiled eggs: Two of them

Falafel on 2 pitas with Labdna yogurt

(610)

Beef, broccoli and shirataki stir fry with veggies

About 1340 calories total. Its not too bad, but I like to be closer to 1200. >.< Or maybe I am overreacting? Spark people wanted me at 1450 mininum...

Oh yeah, walked for an hour semi-briskly in the cold and about to do a ten minute Spark cardio vid. Must let food settle!

Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar; 11-08-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:52 AM   #216  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Let's make it a great week!

Nebuchadnezzar Hi and Welcome!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:53 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 134/127/99

Height: 5'0

Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a great day!
Just stopping by quickly... Today was my weigh-in and I am pleased! I lost 3.3lbs! So I now am 130.1! I haven't been out of the 130's for almost 2 years and now I am so close. I have so much motivation now.
Bbl

Last edited by Pinkstar104; 11-08-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Pinkstar104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:04 AM   #218  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Good Morning, everyone!!

Sorry I've been MIA, but goodness that virus was a doozy. I couldn't speak above a whisper for five days. Dh nicknamed me "Squeaky". But, it's finally over and I'm back! TOM is here, but other than that I managed to stay mostly OP.

I've missed you all and can't wait to get back into the swing of things.

Diana--Did I see you're passed your goal now?? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Last edited by shellsbrood; 11-08-2010 at 07:12 AM.
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:17 AM   #219  
Trying to live below 200

Pinkstar Great job! Keep going!

Shells Yes, and thank you. I went below with this morning's weigh in. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:44 AM   #220  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Hi Diana! I'm happy to see daily accountability thread still going strong! Great work in keeping it going

Hi girls, great to see so many people in this thread. I need daily accontability, so I would like to join in

Well I'm back, I've been on and off the wagon for awhile now, and gained some weight, so now I'm going to keep vigilent on my plan and have set a goal to get me started and motivated; I want to weigh 156lbs by my best friend's wedding which is on boxing day. And then after that continue on my weight loss to reach 145lbs and then maintain between 145lbs-150lbs.

My plan is this: (taken from an episode from cut-the-fat-podcast - principles of fat loss)

Separate carb/carb containing meals by a minimum of 6 hours.

Eat less refined carbs.

Exercise - high intensity intervals/weight training.

Eat more healthy foods

Track calories

Incorporate more activity during the day

The above is based on the following principles (brief notes taken from the podcast, that I can remember - apolagies if it doesn't make complete sense):

once glucose hits the blood stream, "insulin bubbles are released into the blood stream " these levels peak after 30 minutes - then for the next 3 hours there is a slow release of insulin. During this time, when insulin is in the blood, NO fat burning can take place. It is only after 4 hours have elapsed since you first ate the carb, that FAT burning can take place in the body. The body then uses fat storage for energy.

Separate carbs by 6 hours, so that gives you about 2 hours of "fat burning hours".

If you get hunger pangs (check for real hunger pangs by drinking a glass of water, and if still hungry have a protein snack).

Exercising at high intensity (or weight training) - uses up more of the sugar storage in your muscles. So the next time you eat a carb, the sugar from the carb is then used to replace the sugar storage in the muscles and sugar is not sent to the fat cells.

If there is no exercise or activity to cause this sugar deficit in the muscles, and the muscles are already at full capacity of sugar energy, then if carbs are eaten - the sugar that is broken down is then sent DIRECTLY to the fat cells, which has unlimited storage capacity. (muscles however have limited sugar capacity).

Also it is best to exercise for 45 minutes and MAXIMUM for 60 minutes, after 60 minutes if you continue to exercise, your body will release cortisol which is a stress hormone and that is related to fat storage.

Also it is better to do high intensity workout and weight training rather than moderate aerobic exercise, because high intensity exercise boosts metabolism for longer AFTER the exercise is done (even up to 36 hours), and causes a higher deficit of sugar storage in the muscles. So when you then eat a carb the sugar is sent to the muscles and not the fat cells. So if you are planning on eating a high carb meal, precede it with a high intensity workout. Aerobic exercise is beneficial also, but if you're looking into fat loss, interval training and weight training should be the foundation of your workout goals and plans, and aerobic exercise seen as extra sprinkles.

So my plan is this:

* Exercise first thing in the morning.

* Separate carbs by 6 hours.

* If hungry in between meals - have a protein snack.

* Eat 1800 calories.

* Eat more veggies and salads and less refined carbs.

* Incorporate more activity during the day and track and log total hours of activity (eg walking or jogging on the spot - sporadically during the day)

* Get up after sitting for 30 minutes and do a burst of activity. Do not sit for longer than 30 minutes without getting up and moving.

================================================== ===================================

This is day 1:

I will come back to edit and update it either during the day or at the end of the day.

Day 1:

daily weigh in = 162.0lbs

exercise - strength training - 41 mins - burned 248 calories

details of foods that I was tempted to eat but did not eat (gold star for each food I resisted and/ or made a healthier choice instead) =

at breakfast I resisted eating the following:
did not eat:
2 slices of granary bread -with i cant believe its not butter on each toast
potatoes in the omelette
half a glass of milk
total calories saved by NOT eating the above = 526 calories (0.15 lbs)
foods not eaten at dinner time:
crisps 131
extra cheese 49
extra barfi 108

total calories NOT eaten 288

foods eaten:

breakfast -
none

lunch - 100g of omelette - 153 calories (protein only)

snack 1 - none

dinner -

28g feta cheese 79
88g carrot soup 55
12g cheese 49
282g lamb curry 516
2 roti with olive oil 480
14g barfee 63
shot of milk 20
total calories for dinner = 1262

snack 2 - none

total water =1.2 litres

notes:

having only eaten a small omelette at 3pm, i did not feel hungry throughout the day. i exercised at 10pm, now i am going to shower and then have dinner. having eaten only protein, i felt i was better able to focus during the day and did not feel tired or have any hunger pangs.

happy with today's food and exercise choices.

total calories eaten 1415
calories remaining 385
caloried burned 248

calorie deficient -633
predicted pounds loss = 0.18 lbs

Todays weigh in = 162lbs. tommorow's prediction 161.8lbs

Last edited by Echo; 11-08-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:51 AM   #221  
Trying to live below 200

Echo Hi It's great to see you.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #222  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Thanks Diana!! it's nice to see you too

Well done on your weight loss, WOW that is fantastic!!! great going !!!

its great to be back, its really motivating reading through everyones daily accounts, it's nice to see so many people working hard and eating healthy
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #223  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!!!

The scale is up this morning because I only got about 5 hours of sleep.

But the good news is that I was able to collect another weekend under my belt that I stayed completely on plan!!! It is becoming just a little easier to stay on plan.

OOOHH!!! I had a HUGE nsv this weekend!!! I went to Burger King for a playdate with a friend of mine and ordered a cheeseburger and savored every crumb of it!!! I brought a HUGE salad that I made at home (did you know BK's salads have like 20 or more grams of sugar in them? ) and brought my own dressing and a cut up apple. I guessed on the calories of the burger and when I looked it up, I found out that I was dead on! (300 cals, btw!) I was really proud of myself for bringing my own food to BK and not caring what anyone thought about it. I felt so strong!

I will BBL for personals. I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:54 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Ok, got things together and recalculated for my new activity level of no walking. According to activetrax I can have 1378 calories a day

Going into the dr today. See what all my options are. It would be really really nice if they would cut the cast off and give me a removable one, then at least I can go swimming and be non weight bearing. Wish me luck on that one!!!

B: apple and grape packet

We will see what the rest of the day brings for food.

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #225  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday Morning Ladies!

today starts a new week and i will be ON-PLAN all week long. last week i did not eat on plan for dinner at all! breakfast and lunch were on point but every night dinner was way off but still in my calorie range. plus i didn't get a single workout in.

this week will be better and on point!

have a great day ladies!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote