3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Its November, Featherweights! Do you know where your turkey is? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/21513-its-november-featherweights-do-you-know-where-your-turkey.html)

fropvd 10-30-2002 10:10 PM

Its November, Featherweights! Do you know where your turkey is?

I thought I would jump the gun and start a new thread. :)

fropvd 11-01-2002 10:57 AM

OK, I'm starting out the month at 216 lbs, my ALL time highest weight. :( Stress eating has gotten the better hand of me, and I'm feeling very fat abd very uncomfortable, plus my joints ache all the time. I wake up at night numerous times because my hips hurt, but I can't sleep on my back because then I can't breathe properly. Can you tell I'm frustrated? :censored:

The good news is that yesterday I walked 5 miles (my feet will verify that for you) and I didn't eat much in the way of candy--just wasn't interested in it. My personal goal is to shed 4-5 lbs this month, holiday notwithstanding. I'm wearing my pedometer and tracking what I eat with diet software on my Palm. Wish me luck!:df:

fropvd 11-03-2002 01:25 PM

So, where is everyone? I see that folks have been reading my lonely posting, but no one else has responded. I hope things are going well for each of you in your respective busy lives. I'm having one of the dread "crunch" weeks when a dozen things are all due at once so I'll be somewhat scarce this week.

How are the twins? How are the new pets? How are spouses and relatives? My almost 12 year old is moping because I need to spend the day writing papers and not playing with her.

I guess the upshot of it all is that I miss you guys.:^:

carree 11-03-2002 01:37 PM

Still here!

Hi Kat and everyone!

Was very ill with a urinary tract infection for three weeks. Lots of stress on the job since our company is being sold. Enough of the negative.

Love our new puppies; they are a joy. Thankful for all of my blessings which include a brand new day everyday.

Love,
carree

fropvd 11-03-2002 01:56 PM

Man, UTIs are horrible. I'm glad to hear that you are finally on the mend--three weeks is a LONG time to be sick with one of those.

Its good to hear from you again--did I just cross-post a whine about wondering where people were as you were making a post? That would be rather ironic! Oh well, I'm back to writing up a couple of papers--be well everyone. Carree, be sure to take care of yourself, especially with a lot of stress happening. Take time for a walk or other relaxing activity.

Oh, as an aside, I uploaded a scan of part of my tattoo for my avatar...it looks the same except that I also have a semi-circle of the phases of the moon underneath the main part of it. Its on my upper back, so at least this way I get to appreciate it more often. *grin*

carree 11-04-2002 05:49 AM

Kat,

I also went for a renal ultrasound. Two years ago my doctor told me I had an enlarged kidney. He says I have mild hydronephrosis. Looked it up on the internet and it scared me. I should have the results of the test in a few days. I have left shank pain on an off for over a year.

Funny thing, the only time I experience pain is when I am in work and sit for long periods of time. I keep a "freeze-it" on the area as I work for the pain. Funny how you can learn to live with something.

I guess the UTI aggravated the kidney or vice versa. Anyway, I had absolutely no idea how sick you can get with a UTI. Of course, I dragged myself into work every day with it. Only had one weekend where I stayed in bed most of the time. Oh and one more thing....the drug Cipro....made me a little crazy. Didn't like the way it changed my personality. I got very anxious about everything.

Well enough of me. Just hang in there, Kat. Remember that a journey of a thousand miles began with a single step.

Love,
carree

fropvd 11-09-2002 06:14 PM

So, any further results on the renal front?

I'm back down to 214 again...still two lbs above the latest starting point, but a **** of a lot better than the 218 I was at at the start of the week.

Just as an utterly unrelated aside, I wonder if this will filter out a reference to my kitty cat? (I frequent another site using a version of this software and it replaces kitty with "vagina" so you end up having a pet vagina cat. *lol*)

carree 11-10-2002 06:47 AM

Hi Kat!

Thanks for asking. I have an appointment with a urologist next month.

Don't give up and have a great OP week.

short & sassy 11-12-2002 07:04 PM

Hi girls,

KAT, I guess you and I deal with stress the same way. I've been on eating binge for several months now. I don't know how much I way, but the clothes I wore in May are now to tight in the arms and through the chest! I'm attempting to control the overeating, wish me luck.

How is school? I dropped one class so instead of 15 hours, I'm only taking 12. Just couldn't hang.

CARREE, what type of puppies do you have? Hope your test results come back okay. Love the picture!!

JANA, hello wherever you are. Hope everyone is okay.

Take care,
Ruth

fropvd 11-12-2002 08:00 PM

Caree,

You look fabulous! Keep up whatever you are doing because its obviously working.

Ruth,

I'm in the last three weeks of the semester--serious crunch time and I'm panicking. :( They've been needing me more at work lately, which adds to the time crunch, but I've been so desperately behind monetarily that its worth the trade off.
I'm off again to finish up a massive paper--its a first draft, so I don't have to worry as much about its being perfect, only about finishing the bloody thing. See you guys again, a bit more often I hope.

fropvd 11-24-2002 11:16 PM

Its been quite a month--I shot up to 218 and am ending the month back down to a more reasonable 212. Here's to hoping I can continue the downward trend over the next month. Unfortunately, a large amount of the loss is due to being too busy to eat, and thats not a good way to shed pounds. Still, I'll enjoy what I have accomplished, and work on better balance once classes are over in three weeks.

carree 11-26-2002 05:11 PM

Happy Thanksgiving Featherweights

Now is the time for all of us to concentrate on all the wonderful things that we all have to be thankful for.

I wish for all of you a Happy Thanksgiving Holiday!