Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone!

I snacked some last night AFTER the gym which was silly. I'd had a really early dinner though.

Coffee 100
Organic Pop-tart things 400
Lean Cuisine 300
2 veggie sausages 80
hummus 150
crackers 60

Like 1100 calories and it's only 3:30. Not good. I've been so munchy this afternoon and trying to keep it as healthy possible.

1 liter of water and part of a diet vanilla coke zero down.

Ordered a new cord for my laptop last night and hopefully it will come soon. TTFN.
dallasgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Homemade Kale chips? I'm looking that up Lauren!

I'm not sure which bok choy I bought, I'll try to check when I get home.
dallasgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #498  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygirl111 View Post
How can I explain to my husband that I am on a diet when all he says is "you don't need to go on a diet!". I want to lose weight, and its hard with all the temptations that comes around with him! (The night before was a milkshake temptation)

heelp!
I have the same problem. My hubby says he loves me just as I am and it is so hard to resist eating the way he does. He travels a lot so I can stay OP while he is gone then he comes home and brings all the temptation with him. It is so hard to stay on track when someone is across the room talking about going out to get all those delicious foods that you love so much.

I am going for moderation, so it gives me some room to splurge a bit with him. This helps as I don't feel deprived all the time.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #499  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Library, I'm right there with ya hun! The chicken breast in mushroom sauce was a huge success, but here it is, an hour and a half after dinner, and hubby is making a pizza. He keeps telling me I'm not eating enough etc... when I'm actually getting about 1200-1300 calories per day. I'm not starving, I eat *something* if I get hungry, because if I don't and I get REALLY hungry, I binge. He's just used to me eating the same amount and the same things as him. I keep telling him I'm working toward a goal, and eating unhealthy things, and eating more than I should isn't going to help me get healthy. Someday he'll understand. Probably when he realizes the way he eats and his lifestyle is going to kill him. (28 w/ high blood pressure and classified as obese) I'm hoping he realizes he needs to change soon! I love my hubby and want him around forever!

Today I had:

B: Whole wheat toast w/ almond butter, coffee w/ 2T skim milk and a dollop of honey.

Morning snack/rest of breakfast: 2 egg whites w/ 2T low-fat shredded cheddar cheese

L: Ham and cheese on white roll, lowfat mayo. 1 kiwifruit.

D: Chicken and mushroom sauce, cous cous and balsamic roasted broccoli.

I might have a snack later if I need to. I just bought some really delicious apples and they're calling my name.

We're taking the dogs for a walk, and finishing up the housework.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #500  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Sit him down and explain to him that it's not about whether HE loves you the way you are, but whether YOU love yourself the way you are (which, if you're trying to lose weight, I'm guessing is not?) Hopefully if you make him understand how important this is to you, he will get it and help you

I had this problem with my friends and struggled for YEARS with it. It was one of the many reasons why I could never last for long on a diet. And this summer I FINALLY told them how I felt and what I needed, and they got it. And they helped. And I've lost more weight this summer than I ever have before and I'm so glad to finally know that I have their support in this.

Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygirl111 View Post
How can I explain to my husband that I am on a diet when all he says is "you don't need to go on a diet!". I want to lose weight, and its hard with all the temptations that comes around with him! (The night before was a milkshake temptation)

heelp!

Last edited by katylil; 10-14-2010 at 06:08 PM.
katylil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Quiet: Good idea to reward with a book or something tangible like that. I'm trying to get through my head not to reward with food as well.

Summer: Congrats on the avoiding the candy. It is hard to do

Dallas: Hope TOM goes away soon

Kris: Sorry things didn't go as planned with the trainer. We were just learning about A1C levels today in clinicals.

Pint: what is your low cal cream recipe? I love cream recipes but havent found a good low one today.

Shells: Me too. I am whinier than my kids are when I am sick

Lauren: Another new low!!! Fantastic!!

Library: I totally know what you mean but it is also sweet that he doesn't think you need to lose weight.

Cinnci: That walk sounds amazing

It's been a crazy day. I had clinicals today and in 7 hours I was up and running the whole time. It was amazing!! I'm EXHAUSTED, my feet HURT and my son put the chicken I had out for dinner tonight BACK in the freezer. I want to go to the Y just to soak in the hot tub.

Best thing, I burned about 1600 calories from today. 7 hours of straight walking. I actually factored in 6 hours of walking and 1 of standing just in case. I had to give people meds and shots today so didn't want to figure too high

Well., got to dash, more homework tonight. Havent figured out calories eaten yet today.
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #502  

S/C/G: 178/177/150

Default Personals

abidabbi- You are so right! Why do they like to tell us that we are fine the way we are when they know intimacy will go through the roof if us girlies felt super sexy! Maybe us women know what's best in these situations. thanks for the support!

lauren, mama, and diana- Alright, I have it, here is what I will say to him "I am just trying to make healthier eating decisions, I don't know if I'd eat that even if I wasn't dieting. It's not good for you. I am trying to make a lifestyle change sweetie." thanks for the support and ideas!

Purplefly - It's so hard to say no to our cute husbands with tasty foods! Thanks for the support!

Katyill- Drunken nights are the worst! I've had a couple like those myself...I like what you were saying. Yes, I am doing this to love myself more! I am not doing this so he will love me more (I already got the ring, lol)! I think it's important to make that distinction when dieting. thanks for the support!

pint- yeah, I get the feeling that all hubbys are out to sabotage the dieting thing all the time, and my hubby is the same! I think he might be up there in the BMI index too, so I wish I could get him to start controlling his eating, but he doesn't seem to care. I want my hubby around for a long time too.

Roxanne - Yeah, it is sweet! I got a great guy. I just need not be tempted by his cute face asking if we can get deserts at applebees (I was able to make him sway away from that choice, lol)
librarygirl111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #503  

S/C/G: 178/177/150

Default Friday's plan

Breakfast:

oatmeal 130
Apple 60
Builder's Bar (13 grams protein) 270

Lunch (no cheese)
1 roll 170
turkey meat 60
mayo 20
mustard
tomatoes 20
apple 60

dinner:
Salad , romaine 50
light vinegarette 30
whole wheat baked rigatoni (1 cup) 300 cal

Total: 1180

Exercise:

5.5 miles!

Last edited by librarygirl111; 10-14-2010 at 08:01 PM.
librarygirl111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #504  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 187/175/150

ok, not a BAD day, but a not good day!!
i didn't do my menu last night for today and i felt kinda outta control and i wasn't expecting that as a result im not sure about my calorie intake. i was keeping track but it got kinda shady here at the end, i don't think i went over that bad cause i was being cautious, but i made meatball subs for the fam and all week i have been eating separate from them but i haven't had real bread in awhile and that bun looked real good so i had a whole one i was only suppose to have half but it was sooo good, so i tried to counteract the calories by taking some of the meatballs off. tomorrow will be better, yes it will and i WILL make a menu tonight and i WILL have a loss!!
nicolewoods1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #505  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1405 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (340 calories)
Earth Grains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
2 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 30 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy Mustard 0 Calories
Snack Pack of Sliced Apples 40 Calories
Oikos Yogurt 110 Calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories
green beans 100 calories
collard greens 100 calories
okra & tomatoes 100 calories

Exercise:
~The Firm Super Body Sculpt (Lower Body)
~TF Fire 45 EZ
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:18 PM   #506  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Checking in quickly before bed!

Weight: No change
Exercise: 3.5 miles, 10% grade (70 minutes)

Breakfast: Oatmeal, coffee
Lunch: Healthy Choice Grilled Vegetable Mediterranean
Snack: Tortilla Chips
Dinner: Medium baked potato, broccoli, cauliflower, shrimp, fat free sour cream
Snack: Sugar free fudgesicle, 2 roasted marshmallows

Calories: 1,132
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:26 AM   #507  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 187/175/150

My meal today..i really need to get caught up on personals, its just been one of those weeks, last sat as i was setting up the back yard for my sons party someone stole our dog gizmo and all week we have been looking for him. posting fliers,at the dog shelter every 2 days,and looking and posting online. its been an emotional and busy week, so maybe tomorrow i can get on here and catch up. cause today im on a field trip all day with my son and then my and hubby have to be at church early to help put together a marriage dance and fellowship sooooo yeah i wont be back on here today, everyone have a WONDERFUL Friday!

oatmeal,banana... 4 points
low fat yogurt... 2 points
2 slice of bread,thin slice turkey breast,1/2tbs mayo,lettuce... 4 points
carrots, 2tbs hummus... 1 point
100 cal snack... 1 point
soup... 2 to 3 points
diner not sure yet
nicolewoods1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:58 AM   #508  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning and TGIF!

Nicole I'm sorry to hear about your dog Gizmo. I hope you find him.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:32 AM   #509  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Well, yesterday I went COMPLETELY op and we ate junk food. I'm rather disgusted with myself for making such a poor choice. I ate some chips, dip, 3 pieces of chocolate, and 2 taquitos. I ended up somewhere around 2100 calories for the day. sigh. On the good side, before when we ate junk food I would have easily eaten 4000 calories for the day. But still what awful things to put in my body. I am not sure WHY I did this.

Better choices today.
Roxanne

Oh and I felt icky after eating all that stuff and woke up today feeling sick as well.
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #510  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Sorry to hear about Gizmo, nicolewoods1. I hope you find him soon!

You're all waking up and TGIFing, but my day is OVER. Taking a relaxing chill Friday night and detoxing from the banana split! Tomorrow's the big mountain climb, looking forward to getting some real strenuous exercise. It's about 1.2 km one way and very steep.

Breakfast - 362
-Bagel sandwich (196)
-Yogurt (136)
-Coffee (20)

Lunch - 350ish
-Banana (100)
-4 small pc. fried chicken (250ish)

Snacks - 450
-3 small pc. nuts chocolate (150)
-1 cup New England clam chowder (300ish)

Dinner - Under 300
-2 boiled bok choys
-1 onion cooked in olive oil
-sprinkled garlic
-1 banana

Exercise
-60 minutes walking
-40 minutes Tae Bo Cardio
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote