Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #376  
Dog Lover

S/C/G: H:226/215/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Wow, I've missed a lot in the past few days. Been a rough weekend, but this week is going to be better! Friday was NOT a good day diet wise... I went off plan twice in one day . I didn't bother weighing until yesterday which was up almost a lb. I weighed this morning to find that I lost 2 lbs to my new low of 196.3. Yay! But TOM should start today or tomorrow. And on top of that, we're going to the state fair tomorrow . So let's just say I won't be weighing for a few days with those 2 factors combined, hehe. I'm going to try not to over do it at the fair, but I've got a sneaky suspicion that just walking through the gate automatically puts a pound on you, lol. But I still can't wait

I did an experiment Saturday. For my PA, I always take an hour long walk around my property. (We have several acres). But, I've never known how far I walk distance wise and I always lose count of my laps. So I drove 1 lap in my car to get the distance. I know 1 lap takes about 2 minutes to walk, so I multiplied that by the distance in 60 minutes and found that I've been walking 3 miles a day! I didn't even know I could do that, lol. I could be walking all the way into town- I had no idea, lol. Kinda cool

Last edited by ravenjeh; 10-11-2010 at 09:17 AM.
ravenjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:15 AM   #377  
165lbs or bust

S/C/G: 178/172/165

Height: 6'0"

B: 5 Egg whites, 2 turkey hotdogs in a whole wheat bun with a glass of skim milk

S: Roast beef sandwich and a glass of skim milk with some almonds

L: Roasted chicken breast salad with a glass of skim milk

S: 2 Protein shakes

D: Chicken, Greenbeans, brown rice

Creatine monohydrate pre and post workout.
165orbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Pint - Do you have joint/muscle pain at all?? I'm curious because I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2006. I went thru all kinda of testing, including lupus, thyroid disorders, RA, etc. Had myself re-tested after a military doctor thought it was something else...send me to a rheumatologist and she agreed with the first doc that diagnosed me with FM. She re-tested me again and confirmed the diagnosis of FM. I was curious because I have joint pain daily, I'm always tired, because w/FM I have "sleep disturbances" I don't get good REM sleep with is the restorative sleep. I can sleep 4 hours or 10 and feel the same. Anyways...hope they figure it out!!! I know that's frustrating!

Raven - CONGRATS!! That's awesome girl!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!

Good morning everyone!!!!!!!!!

Today= 167.8# -1.2# from yesterday...with TOM any time now!

I'll be back later with my check in. Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 10-11-2010 at 11:17 AM.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #379  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

LittleLindsey: Actually, yes, I do. I have chronic joint pain in my hips, right elbow, shoulders and lower back. Occasionally I'll have really BAD bouts of stiffness in my hands, fingers and joints. I feel like I'm 110 years old when it happens. I see a military doctor too. I don't like it. I tend to be treated like I'm an annoyance. She flat told me she has only 20 minutes per patient and we needed to "wrap things up" when I asked her a question unrelated to what I was seeing her for at that time. How do they test for it?

I slept in way late today and didn't have breakfast. I had 1 cup of Healthy Choice savory sausage soup (ew, not something I'll have again) for 90 calories and a slice of the sweet potato bread, 75 calories. I had half a cup of skim as well, which I think is about 45 calories. This wasn't satisfying at all, so I'm planning on having a bigger snack in a couple of hours.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #380  

My Sunday

breakfast: homemade pancakes from organic, whole grain mix topped with 1 Tbsp of almond butter. Coffee with skim.

snack: skim iced latte - it was at a coffeeshop meeting, everyone else was having sweeter drinks and pastries, but I didn't, so mini-NSV there.

lunch - leftover baked beans (1/2 to 1 serving), corn tortillas, leftover steamed cauliflower and broccoli.

dinner - (out at a kinda fancy restaurant with a friend) appetizer-sized salad with arugula, pumpkin seeds, beets, and goat cheese, 1/2 portion of grilled asparagus side dish, 1 roll. 1 caipirinha (a Brazilian cocktail) - and I got carded. Really, now, I'm 30 years old! So was kind of tickled when the waitress asked for me ID.

exercise - 90 minute dance class, definitely got my heartrate up and was sweaty, and my arms and upper back are a little sore today, so I guess I was using my upper body more than I thought. I love my dance group!

scale: 199 - would like to see it move down but with so much craziness and stress going currently with work, getting ready for vacation, school, etc I'm happy to just be maintaining.

A week from right now I will be in the car on the way to Dulles airport to fly to Peru!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #381  

Library - welcome!

Raven - congrats on the loss even though it was a rough weekend.

Madi - yes, weekends can be though, that's the benefit of tracking and posting menus, it makes you realize just where those extra calories are sneaking in and when.

Roxanne - good luck on the midterm. Just take a deep breath and go in there and do your best.

Everybody else - Keep up the great work, and have an awesome, OP day!

I've got eight more days to weigh in before I leave for my vacation - I plan on seeing 197 again before I go, if not 196 to hit the "40 pounds gone" mark. Who else is with me on working for a loss this week?
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #382  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

abidabbi - I live in the very south of Germany, about an hour from Stuttgart, in the middle of nowhere . Just went to the Oktoberfest for the first time EVER - but it's not really my thing.

Roxanne - good luck!

blueridge - hang in there, I'm sure the scale will move soon. I bet you're super excited for your trip - sounds amazing!

Check-in for today:

B - 2 crips bread with cream cheese and jam, coffee with milk

L - salad with one boiled egg, onion and a couple slices of nectarine plus a crisp bread with some smoked trout

S - Latte

D - (on the run) half a sandwich with a boiled egg, a slice of cheese and some lettuce, few bites of pineapple

Workout - 40 mins cardio, weights, plus I was detailing my car (inside and out) for a couple hours

Definitely not drinking enough water, but will work on that tomorrow. Off to bed now!
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:48 PM   #383  

Pint - That sounds very similar to what my symptoms are. I have a hard time opening things my joints are just stiff and hurt. My knees and hips are the main spots that hurt the most. My shoulders, elbows, neck also hurt. Kinda all over really. I sleep poorly, I have a hard time falling and staying asleep. Brain "fog" forgetting stuff, hard to focus at times. I have tingling in my hands and feet all the time (nerve pain). I sometimes have weakness in my arms and legs, a lot in the morning. I trip over things a lot, lol. All my tests always came back negative, and then they gave me a physical exam and examined all my joints and determined I had that. That was before the military docs. I hear ya about them! They act like you're a big inconvenience and don't want to spend the time with you. My family doc before the military diagnosed me and gave me meds. I thought they weren't working as well as I hoped. So I went to the military docs (some time went by..probably 6-12 mos) and they just told me I was depressed and that's all they could do! I was beyond pissed and so upset. If you felt like s*** everyday and hurt like I do, yeah I might be depressed, but I wasn't there for that, I was there for the constant pain and lack of good quality sleep...anyways, I'm rambling...something the docs might want to consider.

On a different note, yum honeycrisp apples, yum.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #384  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

So midterms are OVER!! Did decent but wont know the actual grade for a few days yet.

Told SO that no ifs and or buts I am GOING to the gymn tonight! Going to the open swim with the kidlets and then, glory be, I'm going to take a nice relaxing soak in the hot tub. Man I am looking forward to that more than anything!

I think I missed going to the gym more than anything.

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #385  

Hey everyone!! Hope everyone had a great OP day!

Here's my check in for the day:

B- cereal 150, banana 110 (260)
L- roast beef sandwich on ww 310, 2 rice cakes 90 (400)
S- 6oz. frozen lemonade 120, 1 slice of apple 10 (130)
D- HC meal 310, bites of chicken 50 (360)
S- 1 rice cake 45

Total= 1195

Pilates 20 min
Walk 30 min

Today's weight: 167.8#, down 7.4# total since 9/22/10!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 10-11-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #386  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone! Nice to see everyone sticking so faithfully to their plans. I completely fell off the wagon over the weekend, inhaling junk food and ice cream etc, but somehow no gain. It was nice to eat all the crap I missed, but even nicer to realize I prefer eating well after all.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #387  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Today wasn't a good day. I haven't eaten enough, but I can't even think about eating. My nerves are all jumbled. We're having an issue with our son, and there was a massive house fire in our neighborhood. We live on a military base, and all the houses are duplexes, and 2 families lost EVERYTHING. It gutted both sides in less than an hour. I live in the same kind of house, and it scared me to death! As far as I know, everyone made it out ok, but we haven't really heard anything other than neighbor to neighbor. They've called in the Red Cross for them, and the neighborhood is taking up a collection of items for them. I feel so bad for them!

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 10-11-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #388  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! I'm going to try to get into bed early tonight.

Total Approx 1405 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (340 calories)
Earth Grains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
2 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 30 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy Mustard 0 Calories
Snack Pack of Sliced Apples 40 Calories
Oikos Yogurt 110 Calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Mahi Tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
~TF Fire 30
~Turbo Kick Round 32
~TJ Ab Jam
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #389  

S/C/G: 172/169/130

Height: 5' 3"

My first check in! I hope everyone made it through their Monday OK as we're one step closer now to the weekend.
B: Oatmeal with a banana
Sn: Rice cakes
L: Salad with apple cider vinegar (weird I know) and some shredded turkey breast
Sn: Carrots with a dab of hummus
S: Broiled bit of salmon, couscous, steamed broccoli
Drank plenty of water, exercised when I got home so I couldn't procrastinate, and then took the dog for a walk. Last step for the day will try to have my head on the pillows before 11pm. Today was tough from the standpoint it was slow at work which normally would be an open invitation to snack all day long, so instead I took the opportunity to clean through my desk and actually get a bit organized.
Summerfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #390  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

10-11-10 check in

100+ ounces water

Breakfast:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake

Lunch:
Honeycrisp Apple
Green Giant Garden Medley Veggies
2 string cheese

Snack:
Soledad Almonds
Microwave Popcorn (Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop)
Fiber One Bar

Dinner:
Fat Free Refried Beans in Low Carb Tortilla with lettuce, onion & salsa
Pork Rinds (needed more no carb calories)

Total Calories approximately 1300
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote