Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #346  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1805 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (300 calories)
Grilled chicken snack wrap, no sauce 250 calories
Veti Iced Coffee w/ 1 sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories

Dinner (1140 Calories)
Salad w/low fat Asian dressing 100 calories
sweet tea 100 calories
Grilled pork chop 400 calories
1/2 cup mac 'n cheese 165 calories
1 cup broccoli w/cheese sauce 45 calories
Pumpkin pie 330 calories

Exercise:
Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #347  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Checking in before bed!

Weight: .6 down!
Exercise: None today. My legs are KILLING me. Yeeouch!

Breakfast: Lowfat cottage cheese, fresh pineapple, diet cranberry juice
Lunch: Whole Grain fresh baked bread, red hot blues, hummus
Snack: Chocolate mint rice cakes
Dinner: Homemade beef and broccoli stir fry
Snack: Banana, in shell peanuts

Calories: 1,345
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:21 PM   #348  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

October 9,

1 hot coffee 15

½ turkey sand 150
carrots 50

apple 80
2 c oj 200

10 graham crackers 240

Tuscan Tortellini soup 300
bread 200

ice cream 300

Total = 1,535

Exercise
Ped = 1,661 ~ better than yesterday and a cute nummber

Weight,

Still not feeling great, sinus trouble . I’m sleeping late, napping, and knitting.

Pint, good job on the plate. Ignore the pizza!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #349  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

The pizza is wrapped up and put away for the night! WHEW!! I told myself if I didn't eat any tonight, I could have some for lunch tomorrow. They are very small slices, so I could have 1 and some salad for lunch tomorrow and be just fine.

I had almost 1200 calories today. Does anyone know where I can calculate my recommended caloric intake? I feel like I'm eating a BUNCH just to get close to 1200 calories when I stay away from the junky stuff, and I feel hungry with a headache. Should I be shooting for 1200 or something higher? Lower? Or am I just getting over the junky addictions or getting used to eating less? I don't want to starve my body.

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 10-09-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:40 PM   #350  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
I had almost 1200 calories today. Does anyone know where I can calculate my recommended caloric intake? I feel like I'm eating a BUNCH just to get close to 1200 calories when I stay away from the junky stuff, and I feel hungry with a headache. Should I be shooting for 1200 or something higher? Lower? Or am I just getting over the junky addictions or getting used to eating less? I don't want to starve my body.
Pint I use this as a guide: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/1821967-post2.html
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:19 AM   #351  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

LittleL - Sometimes during TOM I can gain anything between 1 - 3lbs. It`s different everytime. Hey, this month I have lost during TOM. And great job sticking to your plan, restaurants can be hard!

blue -I sometimes like to stay late at work just so I can get some good uniterrupted work done. It`s so much easier without the distractions.

shells - Thanks I am pretty proud of myself too!

Diana - I did see it! You have a great weekend too!

onher - Hi and Welcome to the thread

dallas - Oh dear! Losing $120 is no good. You seem to be having a rough start to the weekend with the black widow and skunk - I hope things get better! Enjoy the rest of the weekend Great job on the 2lb drop! Weekend is looking up

165 - That sounds liks a good plan. 170 sounds like a good place for you to be.

meggoat - Hey stranger, glad to see you back around Great job getting those scales moving again! I just passed a plateay myself, feels good eh

nicole - Well done on the loss!

Pint SIzed - I think you need a hug Stay strong hun and remember we are always just a mouse click away if you need to talk.

cincim - Don`t worry about one slightly off plan day, just stay positive, move forward and get back to it tomorrow. Make sure you get plenty of water in!

stacy - You a real trooper staying OP with everything that`s going on. Awesome

Penguin - Hiya, hope you`re enjoying your weekend so far
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:27 AM   #352  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi All

Didn`t think I`d get a chance to drop in this weekend but it`s late Sat night and the SO is still at his bachelor party and I have done most of the preparing for tomorrow thanksgiving dinner sooo thought i`d drop by and say hi.

Sooo my offical weigh in of the week happened this morning and ....... 192.7lbs!!! That`s 4.8lbs lost this week!!!! Crazy stuff!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekends so far. Today was so beautiful outside, sunny and very mild temps. Luckily I got to spend a lot of time outside. It`s so pretty at this time of the year too. The leaves are such lovely colours - perfect time for hiking ... maybe in the next couple of weeks.

Catch you later
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:04 AM   #353  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hello Everyone ... busy busy thread here as usual . I had to go back to page 15 to catch up with everyone. Whew ...

Roxanne I wouldn't mind slow either, but I have that constant bounce back and/or stall. I am wondering if I go back to what I was doing in the beginning will I lose again continually? Maybe stop doing any kind of exercise for a week but continue to eat right (eat better) then start exercising again will I kick things back in gear. LOL on the peaceful shower What a great thing ... the twins noticing and then the banner, I think I would have teared up Hope the puppy went to a good home

Abidabbi, missed you too. ;hug: I'm doing good, how have you been? Best of luck to you with your Christmas goal. I'm sure you'll get into that dress you want and look great

Lindsey great job on seeing the new decade Good job on sticking to your meal plan. I don't usually see a gain during TOM but this time is different. Another new change for me or it could be my cravings Spinach and artichoke dip good for you on sticking to plan and eating your meal I tend to copy you Diana also, but I thought the same thing I don't eat mushrooms. Thanks Lindsey glad to know I can order the dish without Thanks for your words to Pint also ... I so need to hear NO here lately I'll look for the S/O sundaes.

165 salads if made right as you are making them right barely add up to anything that's why most diet plans call the ingredients free foods I see Kris told you about this also. Good for you on being able to eat a spoon of peanut butter. That would spell disaster for me. What does PWO stand for? Have fun with the gloves, I like the boxing workouts also, don't need any gloves I just like throwing punches

Pint best of luck to you on staving off those night binges ... it's so hard sometimes, but we can do it Since I started on my journey I spot a couple of days before also, no IUD though. I think it's kind of odd how things are changing with me. We all have those times at some time or another. I am having that time now ... thank goodness I have you guys and can read your post to keep me motivated. I did so well and resisted everything now I am thinking I need to change my ticker and my avatar because I keep bouncing between 166 and 168. We'll get through this just stay strong Good for you on the hit and run, Your honesty will be rewarded Good job on the pizza?

Blueridgegirl good for you on the skinny pants ... kick that 2 to the curb When I am upset I don't think about eating. Hope you're feeling better Great job on seeing the 1 Glad you got to dance out the stress Weather has been nice here also, crisp in the morning and late night but the days are just wonderful.

Cinci I use to drink milk if I couldn't eat also and it does work. I have different reactions to food went I get on the machines. I use to get nauseous but I think it was from all of the water I had drank instead of the food. Took me awhile to figure that out

Vixsin a 3lb loss, I'm so jealous ... envious ... Great job Congrats on your new low ... you are doing your thing, You go Girl Sorry things didn't work out with the new guy but at least you know early on Great job on not binging

Thanks Lauren but now I am back to 167.2, my bounce back time, but TOM is here also Glad your scale is going in the right direction Congrats on your new low, that's great Great job on the 4.8lbs GONE this week

Thanks Kris, please keep them crossed. LOL I need to cross my lips until TOM leaves. I keep wanting candy. I have had two of my favorites Sugar Babies and Candy Corn and finished them both. Went to the dollar store and Walmart today went down the aisle and looked at them but didn't buy either so that was a plus. Hoping for a good day sweet wise for me tomorrow Great job on those stairs

Thanks Stacy it was on the way home in the van and it was hot. I think I also had a bottle of water. So that did it for me satisfied that taste/smell. I need to roll the windows down when we pick up food. I weigh all the time but the weight that I record is in the morning. But hoping your husband and your Dad are doing well. Take care of yourself while taking care of everyone Glad your husband and daughter are doing good, prayers for your Dad

Hi Dallas, good for you on keeping up with your journaling. I did so well in the beginning. Maybe if I get back to it the scale will start moving in the right direction again. I need to plan plan plan I use 70 cal for a large egg also My shopping has changed also thanks goodness for the better. It takes forever though since I read everything Glad you found the ticket. The skunks are really bad out here, drives me crazy when someone hits one. You'd think they'd know by now that that smell is gonna be here for what like seems forever . Spider are bad on our front porch. I don't know what to do about them. It's worse every year. Good job on the 2lbs down Thanks for the words to Pint, they will help me also.

Thanks Vixsin I am a little nervous. I haven't worked in so long I really do hope I am doing the right thing even though i know it is needed

Raven I love PB2 also Great job on the 12lbs GONE Good job on the sub at subway

Shells good job on the 2lbs down Interview went well. I got the job. I almost cried. I haven't worked in 5 years and was so happy to be told, You Have The Job. Thanks for asking I love apple picking haven't done it in years, our oldest was just talking about it today. This is the month to do it. Maybe I'll look into it Good job on the .6 down sorry about your legs. Feel better

Nicole hope the scale moves for you with the planned meals They do grow up so fast. I can't believe our oldest is a senior ... she keeps saying she's moving when she turns 18 ... I told her nope you have to graduate first and we'll see what you want to do then She'll stay Good job on the pound down

Hi krampus

Hi Penguin hope you feel better soon

Hi Madi

Hi WorkingTowardsSexy wow that was a lot of different weigh numbers. Did you try changing the batteries before buying a new scale? I see you did. I didn't know ibuprofen made you retain water, good to know. Thanks

Hi ebenz hope you're feeling better

Diana ... I'm now two days late but TGIF to you also You know since I found out the crust is 100 calories I eat the filling and leave the crust

Hi onherwaydown Good job on the pound down

Meggoat glad your scale is moving again

I am still not back to my low of 165, TOM has arrived so I'm not complaining. My weight this morning was 167.2 up .4 from yesterday. I have decided to change my ticker to 167 and my avatar if my weight doesn't change by Friday. Take care Everyone, Happy Sunday to you all.

Last edited by love2b150; 10-10-2010 at 01:06 AM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:54 AM   #354  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Hi all~
Just checking in for a few and catching up on personals. Haven't been studying as much as I should but

Onherweigh: Hiya! Welcome to the board

Dallas: Black widow! Creepy! I'd be fumigating. Spiders scare me. Congrats on the weight loss!!!

165: I like your attitude and knowing what you want to look like. And yeah, I feel your pain. It's hard hard work getting in the shape you want.

Meg: It's good that you have been exercising so well. Makes you feel better doesnt it?

Nicole: congrats on the weight loss! Small victories are major ones as far as I am concerned. Without the small ones we would lose our motivation!

Lindsey: Good job on the sticking to the plan. Last time I went to Applebee's I couldn't resist the spinach artichoke dip! I hate it when my SO eats all the fattening stuff and NEVER gains a pound! I keep telling myself at least I am healthier <grin>

Dianna: I was wondering about that Island Shrimp one, next time I will try it out. I love Asiago cheese so I was tempted to order it, too bad the flavor combinations don't go well together.

Pint: hugs! changing your eating habits of a lifetime is really really hard.

Stacy: hugs and tiger spit for the family (I told you guys that story didnt I)

Lauren: WooHoo!!! Great weigh in!!!

Love: I am going to call on Monday and see if the puppy went to a good home. I hope so. I still miss her. I know some people that swear by taking a mini break, not going crazy but not being overly concerned. They say it helps get them past the plateau. I don't know, never tried it. I would wait till after TOM to change your ticker

So was going to skip the gym all weekend but decided today that I didn't want to. Went this morning intending to do a two hour swim but the lifeguard pulled a no show so they were scrambling to get someone else. So I spent 20 minutes on the elliptical and felt like I was gonna die afterwards. lol I did splurge on something. My gym has two types of memberships, basic that is cheaper and the triangle. The triangle gives you a largers locker room, towel service, sauna and jacuzzi. So I splurged on the triangle. It was so nice because the locker room has a small amount of equipment in there as well so I was able to sit and watch tv while working out. I also LOVED the jacuzzi! Also I am back down to my low after a 2 lb gain...but then I realized the scale I have been weighing myself on is reading 2lbs high. Grr. Well, it is still a low for me. <grin> The one in the triangle locker room is on track, they are both reading the same, just one is showing instead of on 0, two lbs before it. Lol. At any rate, I won't weigh myself on any other scales after this. Picking that one and sticking to it.

With the activetrax that I am using, it breaks down my food and what I can eat as for proteins, carbs etc. I am finding that I am eating too much in fats every day so I have to start planning meals based on that!

Today:
B:banana

L:whole wheat pizza pretzel

D: 6 pieces of popcorn chicken and 8 mini tacos

Snacks: Candy corn (22 pieces) 4 pieces of sushi and 1/2 c teriyaki chicken (no i did not eat all that at once, what a combination! lol)

Total calories for the day: 1533 (of 1943)
fat 49g (of 43g) carbs 216 (of 242), protein 57g (of 145)
Water for the day: 5 cups
Workout for the day: 20 minutes elliptical

Well off to bed for me.
Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #355  

Dallas, have you moved anything that was outside back into the house or even through the house? We have black widows here and have found them in the bushes outside, then last year my son brought some cars he had in the back yard into the living room, and about 30 minutes later he came screaming into the kitchen because he found a black widow! Thankfully we teach both kids to come get us if they see a spider, especially a black one, in the house. Black widows usually don't come out in the open, so maybe it was disturbed. Look for really strong webs in small areas. Good luck! I had the heebie-jeebies for months after finding ours!

Roxanne, I'm sooo jealous! Our gym is free, but we don't have cool things like a sauna, pool or jacuzzi! I looked into getting a personal trainer there and there's no way I can afford it! Yikes!

Wow! I get so inspired by you girls (and guys!) You are really hard workers! Oh, and 165, girls sooooooo do not have it easier, LOL!!

I successfully avoided the pizza. I reminded hubby that I'm making healthier choices now and I wasn't going to do something that prevented me from making my goals. I had to reiterate that this morning, when he offered to make potato, beef and egg hash, instead of me making a couple of egg whites and oatmeal. It didn't stop him from eating the hash, but that's his choice.

I weighed in at 155.4lbs. That's a gain, but I'm still feeling crampy and bloated, so I'm guessing part of it is my unhealthy eating the past couple of days (sodium... ugggghhh) and part of it is TOM. I don't get a period, per se, just a lot of bloating, cramping and spotting, thanks to the IUD. It has its drawbacks.

I had a DELICOUS breakfast! I found oatmeal yesterday called "Better Oats." They come in a narrow box of 5 packets for 99 cents per box, so you can mix and match your favorite flavors! They are old fashioned oats, and have 160 calories per bowl. The best part are the flavors!!!!! They have chai (delicious!) luscious dark chocolate (pretty good! just don't expect it to taste like a Hershey's bar! LOL) peaches and cream (haven't tried it yet) maple and brown sugar (haven't tried it) and a few others.

For breakfast I had a bowl of the dark chocolate oatmeal and 2 egg whites. The gym is closed today, but I'm going to get hubby to take the kids and dogs for a walk with me. I think I pulled a muscle in my back. Boooo!

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 10-10-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #356  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Lauren almost 5 pounds in one week! That is so awesome! Sometimes I wish I could weigh just once a week. Maybe then the losses would feel more substantial.

Pint- in regards to caloric intake it is not recommended for anyone to be under 1200. Make sure you are getting enough.

Dad and I made it through the night. I am a little woozy from getting only about 45 minutes of sleep three times last night. Got a diet coke but otherwise am still OP. I am having to stay here through lunch which I didn't anticipate. I have left a banana and T of almond butter which is okay for my program... but I usually have something more substantial. But everything upsets my stomach so I'll probably be fine. Thank you everyone for your loving support. I have to remember my priority of weightloss...it was my own failing health that started this. But, I love my dad so much.

Stacy
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #357  

I know Stacygee. When I was eating unhealthy foods, it was SO easy to get 2000+ calories, and now that I've cut out the fatty, greasy, bad-for-me-stuff, I'm struggling with keeping it above 1200. A lot of it is that I'm not eating gravy, cheese-covered or fried foods, and a large part is that I just don't care for meat. I eat it, and occasionally I crave it, but it's one of those things I have to actively think about adding into what I'm eating. I could easily switch to a mostly-vegetarian diet (I like eggs and some seafood occasionally) but I don't like tofu and some of those meatless alternatives are SOARING with sodium, which doesn't agree with me. I probably eat half to a full serving of meat once a day, and that's if I think about adding it to my plate. :/

And I'm sorry you're going through so much. When I'm stressed, my stomach is very acidic. I have to be super careful of what I eat and how much or I'll be in a lot of pain. Try sticking to bland foods. That's what I do when my ulcers flare.

Oh, that reminds me, since I've been eating well, I have only had to use an antacid once. My stomach isn't killing me all the time like before!

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 10-10-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Diana - Glad to hear you enjoyed the Dijon Chicken. Mine was delish!!!

Lauren - Congrats on the loss! GREAT work! Thanks! It was hard...so tempting when you're out at a restaurant and everything smells and looks amazing! Thanks for the info on TTOM. Mine should be coming any day now and I haven't noticed any extra weight yet. I'd be stoked if I lost while on it!

Love - Thank you! It was hard! I appreciate your kind words. It's encouraging!

Pint - CONGRATS on avoiding the pizza last night. I'm a sucker for the breadsticks, so I know that's hard! Great job girl!

Roxanne - I hear ya on the SO! It's so not fair. This morning I made whole wheat pancakes (delicious btw!) and he ate buttermilk pancakes and eggs, for lunch he had a big roast beef sandwich and he eats ice cream like it's no one's business...never gains a pound. Last night he told me he thought he lost a few pounds! Jerk. lol I love him though!

Yes, the SO desserts are sooooooo good. You have to try them they're worth it! The PB cup sundae is good. Double fudge cake, brownie, cookie dough... I don't know if y'all like fruit bars, I go to Kroger and get the strawberry fruit bars. I think Welch's makes some. So yummy and 80 cals! Kinda nice for a treat for yourself. The Kroger brand actually have real chunks of strawberries! Not sure if anyone's tried those Healthy Choice meals..those are good! They have usually the main dish and two side (veggies) and a little dessert cup, usually apple crisp - yum!! I had the meatloaf one last night. It was actually really good for a frozen meal, I thought it might not be so hot, but I was impressed. Hope everyone's doing lovely today!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #359  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Stacygee - to you and good luck for hanging in there. Being overly tired is terrible for my OP eating, but I'm sure you can do it.

Here are my meals today:

B - 1 whole-wheat roll with honey and nutella, coffee with milk

L - 1 piece of WW onion pie (2.5 points) and a few strawberries

S - 20 Pringles (was starving at the movies ) and a diet coke

D - My mom mad a WW Coq au Vin and I had the WW portion of chicken (leg), a bit of gravy and 1.5 small potatoes (WW portion is 3) plus a small glass of red wine, strawberries for dessert

No walking today - it was pissing down rain . Instead I went to see "the social network" and visited a Picasso exhibit . Actually looking forward to the gym tomorrow morning . Have a great night everyone!
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #360  

S/C/G: 178.6/172.8/150

Hi Everyone!!!

I'm down .6 ! Pretty amazing considering I blew it big time friday & yesterday. Layoffs at the office, stress eating, etc. all coming into play. This small loss in the face of adversity is motivating me. I bought some new books last night & going to work on liking myself more and accepting that it's Ok to like myself.

Hope you all have an inspiring 10/10/10.
MrsSoCo is offline   Reply With Quote