Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-06-2010, 11:18 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Raven - 12 lbs is awesome! Who knows, cheating here and there might be good to help you balance life after the shakes.

Shells! 70 minutes!!! Woo hoo!!!

Nicole: Way to change your approach when your current routine isn't doing what you want. I bet you'll see it happen with the planned menu... I'm still not disciplined enough for that. :/ Good luck!

Roxanne: Exciting about the free nutritionist! Hope you'll pass on her insight.

I just got back from the gym myself. Went at 9:00 to catch Modern Family while working out. I did 65 VERY tough minutes with 800 calories allegedly burned. I'm in dire need of a shower and the sweat was intense, but I feel SOOOO good... Best endorphin high so far this time! Add that to the 2 miles 200+ calories, at least 1000ish calories burned today. Now for a shower, the vitamin, updating the journal... bed.

Goodnight Everyone!
dallasgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:20 PM   #257  

Stacy: Fantastic workouts! I love seeing what you're doing! Good luck to your hubby, poor guy and I hope things go well with your father. That's a lot of stress so make sure you get your rest and stay healthy. Everyone around me has been sick or worn out this week, it's making me more cautious.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:34 PM   #258  

Vixsin: Congrats on the new low!! I'm delightfully envious.

Lauren: I was just looking at your menu and thinking that your skin must be GLOWING with all of those healthy and colorful food nutrients.

MamaP: 27 floors... I'm pretty sure I would have just curled myself into a tight ball and hoped for the best. :P

165: Welcome and thanks for the explanation on the vinegar! I've been reminded that I used to do the apple vinegar thing when I lost weight a few years ago but didn't remember the reasons behind it. Very thorough, thank you!

Blueridge: That squash soup recipe makes me want to try it. I had some soup at a safari lodge in Zimbabwe years ago that I've NEVER forgotten (also had the best fish with a tomato sauce and cheeses I've ever eaten). I've bought every soup that looked similar, but your recipe seems awfully close to the flavor!

Roxanne: 5:00AM session?! Girl, you are CRAZY. (Says the girl that got home from the gym tonight at 11pm)

I made it a few pages back, really gotta jump in shower. Goodnight again.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:48 AM   #259  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

October 6,

I started counting cals again today but only got so far before I realized everything else was eaten 'out' {or leftovers} so I got lazy. Try again tomorrow.

2 hot coffee 30
Nutz Over Choc Luna bar 180

slice cinnamon bread 100

Old Venice
starter salad w Blush Wine Vinegrette
slice Tuscan Chicken pizza
1/4 bread

four homemade choc PB chip cookies {made for luncheon tomorrow}

½ Firebirds French dip
mashed pot
carrots

½ choc shake {Hubby’s surprise for me!}

Exercise
Ped = I just looked at my ped and it said 1150 step. I take more steps than that getting ready in the morning! It must have reset!

Weight,

165, My dad was stationed in Berlin in the 60's {Army} and he still raves about the currywurst. Hubby and I like building a fire in ‘the pit’ in the backyard, and roasting marshmellows.

Stacy, sorry to hear about Hubby’s tooth and your Dad. Praying they will both be better soon.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:06 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 104kg[229lbs]/104kg/76kg[167lb

Height: 1.62m/5.4"

Hi everyone!
Here's my list for yesterday:
Breakfast: 2 slices of brown toast with margarine and cheese
Lunch: Chicken Salad with carrot and pineapple salad
Dinner: 2 Slices of toast with cheese and tomatoes
I eat my main meal at lunch time
Exercise: Kicked a ball with the kids in the afternoon and later leopard crawled through the house (that was great fun)
Have a good day everyone!
Madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:09 AM   #261  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Let's make it a great day!

Stacy Sending thoughts and Prayers your way today.

krampus I have one of the most recent Tae Bo's called This Is Tae Bo. I also have a couple of the ab workouts. http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...is-tae-bo-5867

Madi Hi and Welcome! It looks like you are off to a great start!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #262  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Good Morning everyone!

love2b--How did the interview go?

Little--Hey, I say if it fits into your calorie intake for the day, enjoy it! We all need a treat every now and then and it sounds like you did it sensibly. Congrats getting out of the 170s!

Raven--Great job on burning pure fat! And that PB shake sounds phenomenal! I looooove Reese's PB cups and haven't had them in ages.

Pint--Awesome will power! You're that much stronger for resisting the urge to binge.

Roxan--I hope your knee feels better soon.

Abi--Your plan sounds awesome! I like crunching numbers too.

Blue--Wow, how amazing that you get to go to Peru! Make sure you take a lot of pictures! I definitely lose my appetite when I'm stressed or upset. I'm more of a nervous or bored eater.

Vixsen--Yay for a new low!!! You're doing an awesome job!!

Lauren--I'm definitely going to try and hunt down that Braggs stuff. I'm not supposed to have a lot of sodium due to some inner ear disorder I have. Thanks for the suggestion!

MamaP--Wow, 27 flights of stairs? My legs would have been jello too!

Hi Stacy! How are you doing today? Spinning sounds like it's a lot of fun (and work)!

Nicole--Great planning! I bet you'll see that loss you've been waiting for.

165--My dad was stationed in Germany too. He met my mom in Heidelberg (she's German) and after we were born, we lived in Frankfurt.

Dallas--I'm with you on the "allegedly" burned calories. I added my work-out to my sparkpeople page and it said I burned 900 calories. Yeah, right!

Diana, Madi, Penguin, Krampus--Have a wonderful day today!
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:45 AM   #263  

S/C/G: 206.2/207/160

Height: 5'8"

After a week of counting calories and being very good, I was excited (gasp!) to get on the scale this morning. 206.2 last week, and 207.6 today. What the #$@&!????? So I stepped back on to make sure. 208.8 What? Then 198, 202.2. I think it's safe to say that I need to get a new scale, even though I'd really like to claim that 198 or 202.2! I have to chaperone a field trip today, so if I'm not able to get a scale today, I'll get it tomorrow. Congrats to everyone on their losses this week!
WorkingTowardsSexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:49 AM   #264  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

WorkingTowardsSexy Hi and Welcome!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:58 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Penguin - I can do numbers, it's all that makes sense to me in this crazy world I do agree about pics...I think when I am where I want to be I can look and see how far I've come rather than what I came from if you get what I mean...

165orbroke - wow, I love those cars *jealous* You eat very few cals My SO drinks milk shakes to up his intake, maybe try that?

Lindsey - congrats on getting out of the 170s!

Pint - congrats! Keep it up

blue - thanks keep it up chuck, you're an inspiration I get unhungry (is that even a word?!) when I'm stressed too, I'm glad it isn't the other way around...hope you can chill out

roxanne - aw thanks...numbers are my friend! Don't worry about the missed workout, juts get back on the horse, so to speak. And swimming is great for you You're doing well!

Vixsin - CONGRATS! Woop!

lauren - cheers I know you can resist the snacks, keep up the good work

Kris - aw thanks, its been easier than I thought and sooo worth it 27 flights of stairs in 4 mins - crikey, that's fast! Well done!

Stacy - thanks hun, that means a lot You should work out how many you're burning, its usually a ton more than you think! I'm going to try and drink more during the day when I'm hungry too...thanks for the tip! I think drinking plenty of water helps flush out the salt and stop you retaining...osmosis in action as far as I can tell...I hope everything works out ok

dallas - well done, keep it up

cincimini - I love Greys...like, LOVE! In the UK we are very behind so I get it on the tinterwebs when I can...

raven - YEY on the PB...I've never eaten it as I'm badly badly allergic to peanuts but glad you like it! 30lbs...wow!

shell - wow, your food sounds niiice and thanks

nicole - yum! Usually a plataeu passes if you shake things up a bit

Diana - keep it up you weight loss super hero of mine

krampus - the 1kg is probably water though as you would have had to have eaten over 7000 cals?!

madi - hello! Good menu

workingtowards - hello! New scale beckons I think

(sorry I don't have time to bold the names!)

My first day on the 1200 plan has been good...here is my menu...

B - 2x toast (200)
L - sushi (208) and Splendips (141)
D - hoping to have toast and veggies with prehaps some cereal (<500)

Which will bring me to a total of max. 1050 for the day. I will be doing an 800 cal gym session tonight too to keep on track

Thanks to everyone for the support of my plan, it helps to write it out logically like that xxx
abidabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:07 AM   #266  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Thanks Diana! I'll check that out.

Well today went well. Kind of OD'ed on yogurt, but that's ok!

Breakfast
-1 banana (120)
-Yogurt cup (54)
-Black coffee (0)

Lunch
-"Autumn" bento set: mushroom rice, piece of chicken, some veggies, piece of egg, shiitake mushroom cap (448)
-Yogurt (54)

Dinner
-1 pack tofu (150)
-2 medium bok choys (25ish)
-1 onion (45)
-Sesame goma dressing (150?)
-2 yogurts (108)

Exercise
-2 hours routine walking
-30 minutes running/jogging

Keep up the hard work everyone!

Last edited by krampus; 10-07-2010 at 08:08 AM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #267  

Shells, Our weight does take our calorie burning up considerably from most. You worked out for 2 hours yesterday. If a healthy person ran for two hours, they could easily burn 8-900 calories (100 per mile).
From Mayo clinic website: Your body size and composition. The bodies of people who are larger or have more muscle burn up more calories, even at rest.

I plug in my age, weight and constantly check my heart rate and let it calculate. It can differ for everyone, but I think you should still value the estimate! It's a great motivator.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #268  

On that SAME note, I know it's going to suck when we're much smaller trying to kick off 5 lbs or so. lol I can't imagine what those calculators will do to me then.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #269  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Mama - A fire drill in a building with a lot of stairs is a sure fire way of getting some exercise eh for us slow users! hehe

blue - I am the opposite of you. I usually gain a huge appetite when I am stressed out. Glad you are working on some time to relax.

Diana - Hi I used to weigh only once a week but I am going back to every day to keep myself accountable.

Quote:
Ever had curry wurst? Bratwurst covered with a high quality ketchup with yellow curry, pepprika, and finely minced onion... Its AMAZING. And the most popular street food in Germany.
165 - If I ate meat I would totally try this! Sounds super yummy!

dallas - 10lbs?!? You can totally do it! We're all here cheering you on! And yes, my skin does look a lot better without the meat and dairy, veggies are my best friend now

cincim, stacy, LittleL, Pint Sized, roxanne, nicole, penguin - Hellooooooo

raven - Thanks I do have some good news to share with everyone .... And 12lbs in 1 month, that's awesome! Well done!

Shells - Great job on the 2lbs lost!

Krampus - It's interesting how our bodies work eh, when you expect to see a loss you gain, when you expect a gain you lose - crazy stuff. Don't sweat over that 1kg - it will be gone in no time.

Madi & Working - Hi and Welcome to the thread, great to have you join us!

abidabbi - Just curious, what is "Splendips"??
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Stacey: I attempted spinning...for all of 5 minutes but the seats were so uncomfortable that I decided that it wasn't for me! lol Hugs, don't forget to take time for you when you are taking care of everyone else. If you don't you burn out fast

Dallas: I definately will. Oh and I didn't make it to the 5am session. I skipped class and went to an evening one instead.

Raven: I am betting you are going to see a huge weight loss any time. You are so strong. I don't think I could have done as well as you have

Madi: Leopard crawled? And welcome!

Working: Welcome. We have the same problems with scales. Lol a couple of us even went and bought new ones and still have the same issue. I solved my scale dilemma and used the gymns.

Abi: What is splendips?

Krampus: My twins and I have had a lot of fun making Bentos.

So I decied I am so done with aerobics class, lol. I went yesterday and it was just awful on my knee. I didn't enjoy the class at all, was constantly behind. I'm going to stick to water aerobics for a while. I LOVE those classes. When those start getting boring I'll mix them up. Today is a 2 hour workout.

I had the best motivational thing ever happen to me yesterday. When I got home from the gym my twins asked me, mommy have you lost pounds. I told them yes and they gave me a yeah! Well then while I was relaxing and playing WoW (online video game that is my relaxation of choice) they made a BIG banner that said Yay! Mommy lost lbs! over and over again. They hung it on the hallway to my room and made a paper chain under it. It was so cute.

I went a little further off plan yesterday and had chicken sandwich for dinner. I wasn't going to eat at all but was starving after my workout.

Today:
B: special K and milk
S: 2 plums
L: cheese and crackers and a banana
S: mixed fruit cup
?
D: tanoori chicken with garlic naan, cucumber yogurt dip and fresh vegetables. Rice as well but i will probably pass on the rice.

Calories are approximate, I will check them later. Going to the gymn soon

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote