Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Blueridgegirl - I am SO jealous! Peru!!!! I have friends who lived there for a year and they LOVED it. The pictures I saw from there were amazing. You'll have a wonderful time .

Congrats on the 160's LittleLindsay...

roxanne - swimming is great and better than no exercise at all, so go with it!
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #227  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

No time for personals this morning! Down 3.0 this morning to 233.2 A new low!

Hi to all of the new people and so glad you're here.

Will try to be back for personals.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Congrats Vixsin! 3!!!!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #229  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

raven - Vegan cream cheese doesn't really taste like real cream cheese but it is a great substitue for a bagel or some ryvita -I like it. Great job losing all those inches! You are doing soooooo good

LittleL - Great job getting into the 160's! That's awesome! Don't feel bad about the chimi - it's ok to have a little treat every now and then, even better if you can fit it into your daily cals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Ok, question for all you Braggs girls. I am super sodium sensitive. Does it cause water retention for you? Does it taste like soy sauce? Is there anything "freaky" in it?
Diana - Braggs doesn't really taste like soy sauce but it kinda also does ... if that makes sense.It doesn;t cause water retention for me and I love soy sauce so it is a great substitute - much less sodium than the "real" thing.

Pint Sized - Glad your migraine is gone, they are the worse! You should be very proud of yourself for avoiding those cupcakes, I know how tough that can be!

dallas - Great job getting all that exercise in! Yoy know when you have worked out well because you hurt! It's all worth it in the end.

ja - mmmmm Wheetabix!

165 - Hey there! Welcome to the thread

roxanne - Wow! 2 hours fo working out! You're a real trooper! Good job

cin - Your b-fast smoothie sounds yummy!

stacy - Great job getting back into those Levi's

healthy - ONDERLAND Well done!

Mama - Hi - let us know how the workout with your son goes! I bet you'll feel great afterwards ... and maybe sore And it looks like you did have a good work out, awesome

nicole, Krampus - Hiya

love2b150 - Great job on the loss! Good to see the scale going in the right direction eh

abidabbi - I think that is a good plan, you seem to have everything all worked out, good work! And I didn't think your post was bring at all, I think it makes perfect sense to do that.

Penguin - Hey you

blue - You are such a busy little bee

Vixsin - Congrats on the new loss! Awesome job!!!!!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #230  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Oh boy - that took ahwile!

Sooooo last night I still felt like snacking so I settled for a handful of organic tortilla chips and that did the trick. I feel much better today - a lot less moody thankfully - and no snack attacks ... yet. Trying to keep everything in check this week, would like to see a number below 195 by my next weigh in so I AM going to be good. I feel like I am possibly the slowest loser ever! Boooooooo! But I guiess at least the scales are moving in a downward direction - i'll take it.

Here is my plan for Weds 9/6/2010

B - 1 cup organic Quinoa cereal w/ 1/2 cup almond milk + 1 banana

S - Some homemade kale chips

L - Sweet potato and lentil stew on brown rice + 1 cup green beans

S - Mixed together a little quiona, snow peas, red pepper, basil, lemon, EVOO and braggs for an afternoon snack. It's about 1 cup all together.

D - Homemade Red Raddish Tabouleh (the main ingredient is bulgar wheat) + steamed boy choy w/ braggs

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + 2L water

Exercise: It's raining AGAIN! If it clears by the evening I will talk the doggy for a long walk

Have a happy, healthy and OP day
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #231  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I survived the fire drill and the walk down 27 flights of stairs - of course it set my legs on fire again and my arms and legs feel like jello (just like after my workout from last night). Took me about 4 minutes to make it all the way down.

Abidabbi ~ 21 lbs in 21 weeks is awesome!

Roxanne ~ I don't know that I would call the time at the gym with my son "fun" but it was beneficial and I'm pretty pleased with myself. You need to be careful with your knee - swimming is a good idea.

Love ~ got my fingers crossed for you for 165.

Nicole, Krampus ~

Raven ~ congrats on all those inches gone. I'm not as sore today as I thought I would be, but I'm afraid for tomorrow

Diana ~ I think I need to make me some fish tacos soon. Your comment about eating a lot of fish this summer, that's kind of the way I've felt about the zuchinni spaghetti that I was eating at least a few times a week there for a while.

Dallas ~ glad you had a nice visit with your old friend.

Vixsin ~ congrats on the new low.

Shells ~ Great NSV with your rings!

Cinci ~ sounds like you got in a good workout yesterday.

Penguin ~ I wouldn't say what my son put me through was fun, but I learned a lot. I wish he was available to do that more often. He's training for a big fight right now, so getting that hour out of him was a miracle - that and unfortunately I don't rate too high on his list of priorities.

Lauren ~ that losing slow is frustrating, I know because I've been doing it too. At least we are losing.

165 ~ Lettuce & veggies are very low in calories. Maybe you could try adding some peanut butter to your protein shakes and maybe add in another shake later in the day. I use simply jif peanut butter - fairly low in carbs and fat. 2T is 190 calories - I add about 1T to my morning protein shake. Last night I had a chocolate peanut butter protein shake for dinner after my gym session with my son. I use Gold Standard Whey Protein which only has 4 grams of carbs but has 24 grams of protein. It's really good.

Lindsey ~ congrats on saying goodbye to the 170s.

Pint Size ~ good job throwing out the cupcakes and congrats on the .8 down today as your reward.

Blueridge ~ hope work slows down a little for you. Your vacation plan sounds amazing. Enjoy your dance class tonight.

Sorry if I left anyone out - hope everyone has a great day.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #232  
165lbs or bust

S/C/G: 178/172/165

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaP View Post

165 ~ Lettuce & veggies are very low in calories. Maybe you could try adding some peanut butter to your protein shakes and maybe add in another shake later in the day. I use simply jif peanut butter - fairly low in carbs and fat. 2T is 190 calories - I add about 1T to my morning protein shake. Last night I had a chocolate peanut butter protein shake for dinner after my gym session with my son. I use Gold Standard Whey Protein which only has 4 grams of carbs but has 24 grams of protein. It's really good.
Thanks for tips. I actually love peanut butter, but usually end up eating it with bread... I may have to end up eating a spoonfull or two each morning with my shot of vinegar since I dont have a blender :P

I plan to incorporate cottage cheese, with a slice of a advocado, and a hot pepper as a snack after breakfast once this week and a half of trying to cut out all carbs is over.
165orbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

MamaP- So glad you enjoyed the time with your son. If you are sore just remember that is a good sign. It means you worked hard and you are getting stronger! WOW! You repeated all the ex 3-4 times. I have never done more then 3 with my trainer! I do those shoulder raises holding arms to your side and bringing them shoulder height and down. It is way harder then you think it is going to be! I can’t believe it only took you 4 minutes to go down 27 flights of stairs… were you jumping down each flight?

Love2b150- one slice of CiCi pizza? I couldn’t do it! I would want 5! Do you weigh at night or in the morning? Congrats on being down. Tha is awesome!

LittleLindsey- Glad that chimichanga wasn’t fried! You had me worried! A three mile walk- WOW… that is impressive! And you made it to 169! AWESOME. Maybe you should have a chimichanga every day! It amazes me how much more motivated I get with each milestone!

Raven- I remember using ketone stick when I did atkins about 10 years ago. Are you on no carb program? I wondering if I should get some again and see what they tell me.

Pint-Size- YAH for you for getting rid of those cupcakes. I had a showdown with cupcakes a couple of weeks ago and was victorious also. We will beat those little monsters down together!

Roxanne- Ice and heat do well for loosen tension. I hope that works for you. I am so interested about you seeing a nutritionist. I have wondered how helpful that would be. Is it covered by insurance? How did you find the nutritionist? What are your goals in seeing them? Swimming laps is a great workout! One of the best!

Abidabbi- Glad you are better! I loved reading through your plan and seeing you breaking done the weightloss into such a scientific formula. It makes it sound so easy! I have been on 1200 calories since mid August and you can definitely do it. Since I got into my routine the only time I have had a struggle is when we are rushing too much for me to make my planned meal or when mealtime is out of my control. I drink a crystal light when I do feel hungry and the vibrant flavors satisfy me. I know you can achieve your goals! And your post did not put me to sleep. It perked me up and made me want to start figuring my calorie burn for workouts. I have no idea.

Penguin- I ended up posting about the spaghetti squash in the food section. I cut it in half (the hard part) and baked at 350 for 45 minutes. I ended up eating 30 minutes after the family b/c theirs was ready and mine wasn’t but it was worth it. It was one of the heartiest meals I have had and I really enjoyed it.

165- what a great boyfriend you are… and I can’t imagine 410 down to one lane. I’ve been on it backed up for hours with all lanes open! My best friend from college lives in San Antonnio I used to visit her monthly. But, she has a new boyfriend with 100 kids and doesn’t have much time for me anymore. I miss San Antonio!

Blueridgegirl- YAH for skinny pants! What a wonderful vacation to look forward too! I love to travel!

Vixsin! CONGRATulATIONS on your new LOW!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #234  

Hello all,

Thanks for the well wishes on my upcoming vacation. I'm pretty psyched!

MamaP - congrats on the workout!

Lindsey - congrats on the 160s!

Abi - I loved your post, I agree with Diana that's just smart planning and problem solving. I'm sure you'll great in your Christmas dress. Glad you are feeling better and back in the gym.

Vixsin - way to go on your loss. You are doing awesome!

Roxanne - take good care of your knee. Maybe upper body stuff or swimming as a way of working out to take care of it?

Lauren - I'm a slow loser myself (as you know), but slow and steady wins the race. Your tabouleh sounds awesome.

Healthy - congrats on onederland. It's a great place to be, isn't it?!?!?

Pint - congrats on your loss.

165 - I grew up in Wisconsin where there are a lot of people of German descent, so I know all about bratwurst. You can dab them with paper towel to get some of the fat off and they're so tasty.

Everybody else - let's make it a great day.

Feeling stressed out and had a bit of a rough meeting this morning. Does anyone else lose their appetite when they feel stressed? That is kind of a bonus, although I know it's not good for you to be stressed (cortisol and all that impacting metabolism and digestion) - so sitting here at my desk working on breathing deep and just charging through what I've got to get done and trying to not bring my emotions into it. I'll have my dance class tonight which is a great opportunity for both catharsis and relaxation. Going to listen to some music at my desk and hopefully get to be a little more or at least a little less
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #235  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Penguin Hi

165orbroke When we bought my last vehicle, my only request was leather interior. It's so much easier to keep clean. I noticed you will be adding cottage cheese to your program. I am sodium sensitive and cottage cheese contains quite a bit of sodium. I have found one that is low sodium. It's called Friendship No Salt Added Cottage Cheese. http://www.friendshipdairies.com/pro...ge-cheese.html

Lindsey Great job on getting out of the 170's!

Pint Sized Great job on your .8!

Blueridge I see you are counting the days to vacation!

Roxanne Swimming laps is great exercise! Go for it!

Vixsin Great job on the 3 pounds and new low!

Lauren When is your next weigh in? How often do you weight?

Kris Well with the fire drill you got in more cardio and a leg workout.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #236  
165lbs or bust

S/C/G: 178/172/165

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridgegirl View Post

165 - I grew up in Wisconsin where there are a lot of people of German descent, so I know all about bratwurst. You can dab them with paper towel to get some of the fat off and they're so tasty.
I do dab em... Usually they are greasy enough I can just throw them in a non-stick skillet and let them sear without adding anything like a oil, or spray. Ever had curry wurst? Bratwurst covered with a high quality ketchup with yellow curry, pepprika, and finely minced onion... Its AMAZING. And the most popular street food in Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post

165- what a great boyfriend you are… and I can’t imagine 410 down to one lane. I’ve been on it backed up for hours with all lanes open! My best friend from college lives in San Antonnio I used to visit her monthly. But, she has a new boyfriend with 100 kids and doesn’t have much time for me anymore. I miss San Antonio!
Aw well thanks They are redoing all of 410 now and thats why it gets shut down. EVERY night :\ Luckily I live close to work so I am rarely on 410.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post

165orbroke When we bought my last vehicle, my only request was leather interior. It's so much easier to keep clean. I noticed you will be adding cottage cheese to your program. I am sodium sensitive and cottage cheese contains quite a bit of sodium. I have found one that is low sodium. It's called Friendship No Salt Added Cottage Cheese. http://www.friendshipdairies.com/pro...ge-cheese.html
Awesome... I love cottage cheese, but I always add salt and pepper on top... Which can be bad with so much sodium in it. I am going to see if I can find a way to get a no salt cottage cheese here locally.
165orbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Wednesday afternoon and it's almost 3:00.

Had a poppy seed muffin this morning with less than 1/2 a cup of coffee. 350

Lunch was Olive Garden Soup & Salad. 1 breadstick & water - 600

950 calories at 3:00pm

Gym date for 8:30 this evening.

I'm going to have to push myself a lot harder if I want to lose that 10 this month. It's already October 6th!

I've been food journaling every day for a month... now to lower the caloric intake.

I'll try to get personal later!
dallasgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #238  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Great job on keeping up with the journaling, Dallas! It will be a great tool to help you look at your progress and if any changes need to be made! Great job!

Love: My apologies too! Congrats on the new job!!! You MUST be so excited!! I'm really happy for you!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Sorry, don't have time to do the personal messages, the season finale of Grey's Anatomy is on TV here... nerv-wrecking stuff!!!!

Check-in for Wednesday:

B - smoothies with 2 small bananas and 3 tbsp yogurt

L - 2 slices crisp bread with cream cheese, one slice smoked salmon, apple-carrot salad

S - small latte, nectarine

D - vegetable stir-fry with 150g chicken breast, small latte

Last edited by cincimini; 10-06-2010 at 03:42 PM.
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Thanks ladies! Y'all rock!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote