Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 147/See Ticker/124

Height: 5'6''

B: 2 x weetabix cereal and milk and a banana
L: Chicken sandwich on brown bread with no butter or mayo and some mixed fruit
D: Potato and Leek Soup with 2 slices of brown bread and butter

Ravenjeh-Congrats on the inch loss thats great
ja23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #182  
165lbs or bust

S/C/G: 178/172/165

Height: 6'0"

Breakfast: NAS Protein Shake, shot of apple cider vinegar
Snack: 2 string cheeses oneAday mens multivitamin
Lunch: half of a boiled chicken breast + half a small bag of frozen cauliflower
Snack: half of a boiled chicken breast + half a small bag of frozen cauliflower
Post workout: NAS Protein Shake
Dinner: 2 Bratwurst with mustard and dill relish

Exercise: 1 hour heavy bag work

This was yesterday... I am doing just about the same today, but will be doing cardio on the elliptical instead of heavy bag work.
165orbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Shells: That is the most awesome NSV!!

Pint: I feel you on the migraine! I get them a lot

Lauren: hugs

So I did it! I made the two hour workout! Oh my I am exhausted but I did it! The instructor was kind of a twit and made comments about how it wasn't a real workout, just a relaxing class. He was young and super in shape. Bleh. But I still stayed and did the whole workout.

I got on the scale and lost another pound. Which is exciting...but is that losing weight too fast? I have been doing an hour workout every day and am going to add in an extra hour in when I can. I'm still sticking to the 1500 range most days. I want to lose weight but not be unhealthy. What do you guys think? And I am going to my doctor this afternoon as well.

Roxanne
Started my journey on 9/8/2010
mini goal: 10% loss

For every 5lbs lost:

roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:45 PM   #184  

165: Welcome! Just curious, why the apple cider vinegar?
Old 10-05-2010, 02:45 PM   #185  
165lbs or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxannestags View Post
Shells: That is the most awesome NSV!!

Pint: I feel you on the migraine! I get them a lot

Lauren: hugs

So I did it! I made the two hour workout! Oh my I am exhausted but I did it! The instructor was kind of a twit and made comments about how it wasn't a real workout, just a relaxing class. He was young and super in shape. Bleh. But I still stayed and did the whole workout.

I got on the scale and lost another pound. Which is exciting...but is that losing weight too fast? I have been doing an hour workout every day and am going to add in an extra hour in when I can. I'm still sticking to the 1500 range most days. I want to lose weight but not be unhealthy. What do you guys think? And I am going to my doctor this afternoon as well.

Roxanne
Started my journey on 9/8/2010
mini goal: 10% loss

For every 5lbs lost:
As long as your not overdoing it at the workouts you should be fine!
Old 10-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #186  
165lbs or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxannestags View Post
165: Welcome! Just curious, why the apple cider vinegar?
Dietary acetic acid can enhance glycogen repletion in both liver and skeletal muscle. Vinegar is beneficial in recovering of muscle glycogen. And acetic acid promotes the release of cAMP (Cyclic adenosine monophosphate) which creates more adipose, or fat burning tissue.

Basically, storage of energy in the muscles is increased, which helps in post work out recovery. And vinegar also helps create fat burning tissue.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #187  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

165orbroke Hi and Welcome! I'm originally from New Braunfels, not far from you.

Vixsin Thanks for the link. I've gotten DH Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar before. I heard that's good stuff, too.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #188  
165lbs or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
165orbroke Hi and Welcome! I'm originally from New Braunfels, not far from you.

Vixsin Thanks for the link. I've gotten DH Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar before. I heard that's good stuff, too.
I am actually headed up to New Braunfels today after work to look at a car! Its very pretty up there
Old 10-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #189  

Meals for today:
B: cup of applesauce no sugar added

L: My son wanted to take me out to luynch today so I chose McDonalds cause it was close and cheap. I don't like salads so instead chose a chicken sandwich, small fries and a small ice cream cone. Very high in fat but oh well. Some things are worth it
805 calories

Since lunch was so high going to do a meatless meal for dinner
Baked potato, cup of brocolli and grated cheese

Total for the day: 1468
Old 10-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

for roxanne and her 2 hour workout. Well done!!

Today was good in terms of food and work out. Went to the gym to do weights and 45 mins on the elliptical (5.5k, 500 cals ). Will try and do an hour tomorrow.

Food:
B - 250g frozen berries and 3 tbsp of 0.1% yogurt blended into a smoothie
L - red lentil and mushroom patties with yogurt dip from the WW book
S - double espresso with low-fat milk
D - pumpernickel with cream cheese, smoked salmon and tomato, nectarine
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Okay! In January when I started this weight loss thing the guy at Golds Gym asked me what my goals were... I told him to be able to wear my jeans again.... Today was the day I put on my old Levi's! I felt so good and proud! Still have more weight to loose and Levi's in every size on the way! Going to try the spaghetti squash for dinner tonight. I didn't have time to cook it yesterday b/c of my evening workout and my big ones ballet class!

MamaP - I am scared of that stair climber! What an awesome job you did. Was it your first time? I am afraid I might get up there and only be able to do it 1 minute!

Diana
- I have noticed that too. I am puzzled about it. Or some mornings I wake up ravenous (like today) and others I can wait a while to eat. Our bodies are so mysterious!

LittleLindsey- great job on you diet, exercise, test and persistence! I was on the phone 45 minutes with Blue Cross Bluee Shield about a claim so I know what htat is like!

AngiLala- when I first started my diet I kept a very thorough journal and it really helped. Now I repeat most meals and just know what the calories are. It really helps. I bought a Food Journal at Barnes and Noble b/c I find doing it on the computer to be more cumbersome.

Raven - Losing a pond always makes me feel good! And I think you just lost another! As I am reading through the posts! Great JOB! 12.5 inches lost! HOLY CRAP!

Dallas - I was surprised I liked Hawaii 5-0 too! You went to town on the elliptical… did it take you an hour to burn 650?

Pint- full body massage! Wow… what a husband! Ice your ankle if it still hurts! Oh- and I like how your baby eats your soup to help your diet! What a supporter!

Roxanne - wish I would have been online for you last night. Hope you stuck to your program… it is so worth it! We have to keep telling ourselves! Glad the two classes went well! I take two classes usually every T and TH- but have an hour in between. One workout is relaxing to some and hard work for others. I always think I am working out extra hard because of all the junk in my trunk! My doctor told me 1200 calories and it is working for me. Great job on your pound!! You did that with so much going on! You should be proud!

Penguin- That is huge news to get into regular clothing! WOW! Congratulations! We have a fav BBQ place too. Sorry you are losing yours! MMMM BBQ- MMMMMMM My husband is home this week on vacation. It actually makes my dieting harder b/c I have to cook more. But, he is getting his wisdom teeth out tomorrow so maybe I can have a quick dinner then! Hope yours feels better. I hope he isn’t the baby mine is when he is sick!

Shellsbrood- Great job losing your first 15 pounds! That is so awesome! And yes- my kids do come up with the strangest things! YAH for the wedding rings! I think mine grew with me b/c they are starting to get loose but I haven’t resized it in years!

Lauren- Thanks for the shout out!

Vixsin- Where do you buy the Braggs? I think I might try it in a recipe that I usually use Teriyaki Sauce. Would that work? Then the sodium would be so much less!

165- We had the same lunch! But my chicken was the rotisserie from the grocery store! I think the apple cider vinegar is a diuretic too.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 224/214/140

Mini goal is 189. Got under 200 and that was a milestone. Now the next goal is in sight.
healthygoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #193  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
[I]
MamaP - I am scared of that stair climber! What an awesome job you did. Was it your first time? I am afraid I might get up there and only be able to do it 1 minute!
Sunday was the first time I tried it. I did 5 minutes on Sunday, after 30 minutes on the treadmill, and then yesterday morning I did 5 minutes after only 10 minutes on the treadmill. I was sore yesterday and I'm coming down with bronchitis or something so my lungs are not cooperating.

I'm meeting my son, who is an MMA fighter, at the gym tonight and he's going to put me through a workout and show me the things I need to be doing. I'm a little scared

Congrats on getting back into your Levis.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Should I feel guilty for eating a chimichanga...it's definitely well within my calories (350) for the day? I feel kinda bad though...like I should have eaten something better!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

MamaP- how lucky you are to have a built in persoanl trainer! That is so awesome! Can't wait to hear about what he shows you.

LittleLindsey- isn't a chimichanga fried? If it is fried I don't know how it could be 350 calories. I am not eating things like that because I habitually start with something like that and then I spiral.... well if I still lost with the chimichanga then lets go for onion rings- oh well then an ice cream cone won't be too bad... okay now lets see what happens if i eat all the ice cream.... you see what happens to me? be careful.

stacy
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote