Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #61  

Vixsin - have fun! sounds like a nice time. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Diana - I just used spring roll wrappers that I got at the natural foods store, soaked them in water in a pie pan for about 40 seconds, plopped some raw shredded carrots, sweet red peppers, and cucumber, and rolled them. Mixed up chunky peanut butter and soy sauce together for dipping sauce and voila. I think it would be tasty with thai basil and other flavors, like in the recipe. And, thanks for your empathy about my work situation...just have to remember that three weeks from now I'll be on vacation in Peru! Chinese buffets...man, I couldn't even go in the door.

Nicole - when I tried WW, I found that I could stay within my points and exercise and not lose. The problem for me I think is that I was eating too many carbs and not balancing carbs with protein, and I have insulin resistance which means my body goes crazy with carbs. So maybe try staying within your points but changing up the ratio between carbs, protein, fats, and veg. Just an idea. Way to go on cutting out processed food - it's not easy but SO much better for you.

Playground - welcome! Today is a new day.

MamaP - way to go on getting out of the line! "Step away from the funnel cake..."

Roxanne - stay strong! We are with you on saying no to halloween candy. Not worth it. Not at all. Congrats on your trip to the gym, sounds like a good class. I love gelato, too, as a sweet, low-cal dessert.

Lindsey - I've got homework too...reading and writing. I emailed in a paper to my prof yesterday and already need to get started on my next one. I'm in grad school part time and work full time. Good luck with your schoolwork, and great job staying OP.

My Friday:

breakfast - wasn't very hungry, sometimes that happens around TOM. But made a smoothie w/ skim milk, FF plain organic yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, banana and drank about half of it. Also coffee w/ skim.

lunch - pinto beans with cheese, homemade salsa, tortilla

snack - triscuits (whole grain and tasty) with cheese before my run

dinner - spaghetti with meat sauce with added veggies (red peppers, carrots, garlic) and green salad.

snack - hot chocolate...just melted a few chocolate chips in a pan with skim milk. It was a delicious treat for one of our first cooler fall nights.

Exercise - yes, I worked out. Told trainee in no uncertain terms that I was scheduling in a work out, and did it. Four and a half mile run - I didn't push myself too hard, but definitely got the heart rate up for about an hour and it felt great.

Today is first day of TOM, so not weighing as the scale is often up 5-7 pounds around this time. But it's nice because my appetite has been a little less than usual...sometimes before/during TOM I am ravenous but sometimes appetite is diminished which makes keeping eating under control easier. Still feeling annoyed about my work situation, but working on having a positive attitude and not letting the track of negative, cranky thoughts be on repeat in my head...you know what I mean?
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #62  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I forgot that I attempted these planks last night before bed - http://www.mytrainerbob.com/blog-pos...tructed-planks . I was only able to hold it for about 10 seconds, but I did it 5 times. Will have to add these in to my daily routine.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:11 AM   #63  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Kris, good job on the plank! The first time I tried one I couldn't do one at all and I thought it was impossible! I prefer straight arms planks over the bent arm planks myself. I also like the 'spider' planks, where one arm at a time you go from a bent plank to a straight arm plank. Adding movement seems to make them more tolerable
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #64  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
Kris, good job on the plank! The first time I tried one I couldn't do one at all and I thought it was impossible! I prefer straight arms planks over the bent arm planks myself. I also like the 'spider' planks, where one arm at a time you go from a bent plank to a straight arm plank. Adding movement seems to make them more tolerable
I'll have to try those.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Roxanne - That's GREAT!!!!! Congrats on the loss!!!!! That's awesome you're in the nursing program. How do you like it?? I'm going to school for healthcare management. Hopefully I'll be finished spring 2012!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Blueridge- Good luck on your homework too! As much as I am not looking forward to writing this paper I find that it keeps me from snacking because I'm concentrating on my homework! What are you studying in grad school?
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Yay for water aerobics Roxanne! If it makes you feel any better, most people are so self-absorbed, they're not paying any attention to us plus-sizers at the gym. They're staring in the mirror at themselves and really just getting it done. I've always noticed this, but this time around, even more.

Didn't end the day well last night... snacked after I posted last.

Had a meeting at 8 this morning and started out with lots of energy, but it's now 12 and not that much accomplished yet.

Coffee/natural sugar/cream
1 egg, turkey bacon, 2 biscuits, sawmill gravy, tomato 700 total w/coffee

Question, it seems to me that you can make gravy that's not too unhealthy. A teaspoon of oil, a little flour, and skim milk... salt & pepper. What do you all think? I'm sure it's not good often, but for those 4 or 5 times a year I crave it for breakfast, I don't feel too bad about it.

Determined to hit the gym in the next hour or so. Will check in later!

Happy Saturday everyone!
dallasgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #68  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Dallas, I feel splurigng on something every once in a while is perfectly fine. Its when I feel I can have ___________ every day that I get myself into trouble.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

I did it!!!! A whole hour of aerobics! Thought I was going to die. After ten minutes, which I never work out on my own for more than that, I was thinking I want to quit. But then told myself, I can go a little longer. And I did.

At half hour, someone left the class, and I thought, I can too...but then told myself, I want to stick it out a little longer.

At 45 minutes I told myself just a little longer you can do it. And I DID!!!!

Best part....I weighed myself on their scales which are more accurate than home scales...ladies I LOST a pound!!! All this time I have been super depressed about not losing weight and I have been! Doh!

I'm on top of the world!

Roxanne
Started my journey on 9/8/2010
mini goal: 10% loss

For every 5lbs lost:

roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Height: 5'6"

62 minutes and 755 calories on the elliptical. A mile+ walked with the dog and a friend.

Breakfast: Above - 700
Snack: Crackers/cheese 150
Snack: 3/4 Biscuit w/tomato, turkey bacon, spinach, miracle whip. 200
Snack: Grapes 100
Dinner: LC pizza, spinach/basil salad w/onion, tomato, yellow pepper, mushrooms, a bit of parmesan and light ranch. 600

1750 at 7:00pm

Not sure where the night will go. Have been invited out to the local pub. The university had a football game today and it should be hopping tonight. Not sure I'm up for it. lol

Congratulations Roxanne! That's awesome!

Blueridge: Peru!!! I was wondering where you were headed. What takes you there?

Patchwork, Lindsey, Lauren: Love the pics of the puppies... I may change my pic too. The current pic is from a "Madmen yourself" website.
dallasgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Little Lindsay - thanks for the link!! It's super helpful!

MamaP - will definitely try the planks, too!

roxanne - great job!!!

Alright, so...I was at a 30th birthday party with a bunch of old friends and I knew it would be challenging to completely stay away from ALL food. So I tried to 'save up' points/calories throughout the day and I think I stayed pretty much within the limit.

B - 2 crisp bread with 1 tsp of 0.2% cream cheese and jam

L - fruit salad with 2 tbsp of 0.2% curd

S - soy sauce glazed snap peas with 2 tbsp of bulgur

D - 2 veal sausages, 1 small pretzel, tomato and cucumber salad (skipped the potatoe salad and the fatty spreads) plus half a glass of champagne to toast and a small piece of a WW cake (gotta love friends trying to lose baby weight )

I drank a TON of water today - probably around 3 liters. I fully expect to be up a few times tonight , but drinking water helped me keep my hands off the candy/snacks/chips so it'll be worth it.

The gym was closed today so no real exercise, but I walked quite a bit during a 3 hour photography excursion, plus I was carrying all the equipment .
Overall, not a perfect diet day, but not as bad as it would have been in the past. I'm super busy tomorrow and I've got the call-back interview on Monday so we'll see if I'll manage a proper work-out. The good thing is that I'm already missing it and I can't wait to get back on the elliptical trainer!

Last edited by cincimini; 10-02-2010 at 07:33 PM.
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #72  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Diana I think today was my official start date but I would call Monday my official day since I can actually do the circuit by myself. They only want you to go around twice/30 minutes, I know from before that I don't get a good workout unless I go around 3 times. I am gonna see how many times I can make it around before I have to leave to pick up my daughter. If the school bus comes on time I should be able to do 3 and then go back to the machines that I like I have slacked off so much in the last two weeks that I am gonna make every attempt to go every day. They are closed on Sunday so that should be my only rest day. They have all this new stuff. CurvesSmart is one that I won't be able to do until I have done a muscle training (another new thing). I will definitely keep you posted. I love to talk so you know I will I am looking for TOM to show up we usually get our visit close to the same time. Gotta do some counting

Penguin my neighbor made a pumpkin roll with cream cheese, it was so good. I wonder if you make it like the squares. I need that recipe.

Hi Nicole remember I had one of those weeks, we understand. I know what you mean about not knowing what to do. I'm fairly new to all of this so the fact that I am even still doing it and it is working is enough for me and when it doesn't someone here always suggest something that moves me along. I know you'll get things moving again soon

Roxanne great job at the gym YOU GO GIRL and congrats on the pound gone

Blueridgegirl good for you on not letting the work situation control your thoughts

Hi Kris and Lindsey

Dallas your gravy idea sounds good Something else for me to try. Great job on your workout

Cinci good job at the party It's a wonderful thing when we miss our workout (want to do it)

OK Curves this morning ... don't want to bore you with my weigh issues but I will say clothes on I was only .5 more at home than at Curves.

~ weigh in clothes on home 167.0
~ weigh in clothes on Curves 166.5

Now my official recorded weigh in on my journal is 166.2 same as yesterday but that's alright it's better than a gain.

My eats for today started out wonderfully ... then I fell off the wagon with my snacking. Dinner was all about snacking is what I mean, not good.

Breakfast (325)
Fiber Plus, yogurt, n/s applesauce, graham cracker

Snack (205)
Soy milk, rice cake, veggie chips

Lunch (335)
2sl wheat bread, Swiss cheese, turkey, lettuce, light mayo, small banana

Snack (200)
Cheese nips, frozen yogurt (sample cup)

Dinner (695)
sweet potato fries, crab cake, fish sticks, ketchup <--- a mess

whew Total calories 1766 I sure hope I don't think of anything else I may have put in my mouth this evening
Water 71.1ozs plus 16ozs decaf green tea
Exercise Curves once around with the trainer and twice by myself, got the heart rate going and I did start to warm up when I was about to leave but it was freezing in there

on tomorrow's weigh in

Hi Ona, Coondocks, Aimee, Kukkie, Lauren, Vixsin, Raven and EVERYONE I missed

Last edited by love2b150; 10-02-2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: added more fish sticks :0(
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #73  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

10-2-10 check in

Busy, busy day. Took my mom to the Hallmark store, then to Radio Shack, then she wanted to go through the McDonald's drive thru for a sandwich . . . and apple pies (I got nothing. ) Then after I brought my mom home I came home long enough to each lunch, then I went to the hospital to meet my new niece, then to pick up prescriptions, then I went to David's Bridal and ordered a ruby red wrap to go with my dress for the ball, then to a shoe store and found my shoes, then to my mom's to drop off the flavored waters I picked up for her at Walmart while I was getting my prescriptions. Whew . . . now I'm home long enough to grab dinner and then I'm off to the grocery store to do my mom's grocery shopping.

80+ ounces water (so far)
20 minute Zumba Express (before bed tonight) ~ not happening since it's 10:00 and I just got home from the grocery store. Did some planks instead - better than nothing.

Breakfast:
Soy Flour (low carb) pancakes - yuk yuk - topped with cottage cheese and melted strawberry preserves

Lunch:
Pork Loin Chop
Sauerkraut

Snack:
Fiber One Bar

Dinner:
Big Lettuce Salad with 3 ounces shredded roast beef and 1.5 ounces provolone cheese
SF Fudge Bar

Total Calories approximately 1220.

Last edited by MamaP; 10-02-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #74  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total approx 1615 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch 300 calories
Grilled chicken snack wrap, no sauce 250 calories
Venti Iced Coffee w/1 sweet 'n low & cream 50 calories

Dinner (950 Calories)
Salad (lettuce, tomato, cukes, celery 1 tablespoon low fat Asian dressing 100 calories
Hamburger steak 200 calories
1/2 cup rice 85 calories
1/8 cup gravy 15 calories
1/2 cup field peas 90 calories
Green beans 100 calories
iced tea 100 calories
Pepperidge farms petite cake slice 260 calories

Exercise:
Peak 10 Cardio
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #75  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Whew Kris your day was very busy. Hope you get to rest after the grocery shopping. LOL on the pancakes. I tried a new Kellogg's Fiber Plus antioxidants bar today at Curves. It was really good.

Diana what kind of rice did you have? I would love to eat some that's low in calories. I will eat the brown rice but don't particularly care for it.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote