Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #31  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincimini View Post
PS: I know this whole thing is about output > input but is there a good way to work out your "basic cal use"? Sorry, it's probably explained somewhere but I still have trouble remembering where all the threads are .
Cincimini Great job at the gym! I'm not clear about your question. Are you wanting to know how many calories you should be eating? Or how many calories the body burns in a day?
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Sorry - reading back I don't even really understand my own question . Yes, basically I'm just wondering how I can figure out the amount of calories my body burns throughout the day, without work outs or anything. It'd be helpful in figuring out how I can get my calorie intake to be smaller than the calories burnt in a day.

Last edited by cincimini; 10-01-2010 at 02:58 PM.
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #33  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

cincimini I think a lot of people use electronic devices like Body Bugg, etc. I'm sure they will give you a better idea of calories in and calories out. I don't have anything like. I have use this as a guideline and it has worked pretty well for me. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/1821967-post2.html
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #34  

Thank you
Old 10-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #35  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'3

I have a GoWear Fit, by BodyMedia. Same thing as a bodybugg, just cheaper. I got it from Amazon. I LOVE it!!!!!
ebenz315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #36  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Raven & Lauren: We are meeting at a pastry shop getting a tasty treat and a cup of coffee and are going to walk around town. It's a quaint little college town that is great for walking around or people watching. It's always really busy.

I'm excited. He seems really nice and NORMAL!!!!! Fingers crossed for me! I'm not getting any younger, ya know!!!

I'm off the grid until Monday when I get to work. I'll be thinking about you guys! Everyone have a great weekend!!!

Last edited by Vixsin; 10-01-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #37  

Sounds nice - have fun Vixsin .

ebenz - thanks, that looks very useful. Will definitely think about getting one.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Gang. Can't believe it's October already! What in the world?!

I had a muffin for breakfast - 250 (My purchased sweets are gone with that but I wish I could send a photo of the temptations stacked in our little kitchenette next to me - ridiculous amount of bake sale leftovers, donuts, cupcakes, muffins, brownies, cookies, cookies, cookies - but I'm staying strong)

Buffet for lunch (spinach salad w/ tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumbers, sunflower seeds, ranch, cottage cheese), roll, 10 bite sized fried okra, a couple of spoons of ice cream, 2 strawberries, spoon of whipped cream, 1 small chunk of pineapple - 900
I could have done much worse but I'd been craving a salad bar and now I'm set.

1150 calories and it's almost 4:00pm
Plans for the gym this evening. And that's about it so far.

Anyone else have fun weekend plans?
dallasgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #39  

Roxanne: I hope you love your gym and that it's the key you need to get over this discouraging 4 pound thing! You're still posting, you're aware, you were healthy the rest of the day instead of just eating badly ALL day. You're doing great things! Good luck finding a home for the puppy!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Hi Girls! So much going on at once! Whew!

I have used Diurex pretty regularly around my time of month or when I feel especially bloated. By regularly I mean for maybe 3 days in a row once a month. I have had no ill side effects from it and I believe it helps my bloat feeling. I know that prolonged usage of a diuretic can be dangerous so only use it when you feel you must. It can throw off your potassium levels which I believe is bad for your heart.

I actually forgot lunch today. I go to the grocery store and was like OOP- I am hungry! I opened a little package of lean deli turkey and munched on that. In the past I would have gotten a BIG bag of cookies.

Stacy
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #41  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

You all have been busy today ... only the first of October and 3 pages ... gonna be hard to keep up ... gotta sign on every 12 hours,

Penguin I bought the stuff to make pumpkin pies on Wednesday. Hope I can do just a skinny slice and be happy Today was a nice cool, windy day. I love days like this, ahhh so refreshing.

dallas oh my goodness ... fried fish and fries ... heavenly Glad you had a great time. Girl girl girl you are a STRONG woman there is no way in this world I could have all of that in my pantry. If the family would leave me in here alone I would have one of each . I truly don't have that discipline yet

Hi krampus

Diana the first time we've all been out to eat was when we went out of town last weekend. When I say all I mean DH, all the kids and my Mom and her husband ... It was so funny when the waitress asked me what I was having they all got quiet. I ordered the sampler at Applebee's but ate very little of it. I just figured I'd do a little tasting . The warm bread in restaurants is a for me, seems we wait to long and that bread is still sitting all alone so I'll have another small piece and another. I have a thing for it, so I'd rather push it away. You do have to love them for keeping us straight

Lauren ... yeah I guess I'll keep them, hehehe

wow raven what a great way to start the month, 1.4 gone LOL on Monday ... whew you took our weekend away, the kids wouldn't like that too much I tried Diurex on the recommendation of a friend and either I just didn't notice a difference or they didn't work. Maybe I didn't take them often enough I think it said 1 or 2 tablets every 3 to 4 hours.

Thanks blueridgegirl, oh my goodness I remember those days. Sometimes you wonder why they are there in the first place, then you think maybe this is just a test. Get that workout in and release the stresses of the day ... Feel better You gotta smack me on the hand about the halloween candy ... I absolutely love harvest/candy/Indian corn.

Hi Vixsin, congrats on the .6 down Planning does play a big part in our journeys ... why can't I get that in my big head Have a great date and weekend

Hi Lindsey ... for the ticker like Lauren's you can go to tickerfactory.com

Bunny great job at getting back to you workout

Roxanne I truly hope the water weight goes away and stays away I hope you find a good home for the puppy also, stay strong

LOL ebenz ... junk in the trunk Helping with the moving should give you great workout. Moving is hard.

Stacy that's my problem I keep going back. So I get a small lean cuisine pizza and it's all mine When we have large pizza's here the hawks are watching me so they get there's and there is nothing left Great idea on the meal planning. I did that when I first started and that was my best 45-60 days, it definitely helps Great job at the grocery store

Cinci that's exactly what I do when I get to use a treadmill, cover the timer, it makes time go faster I like the calorie numbers too. Congratulations to you on the elliptical. I keep trying but I give up every time to you

As for me ... I had a pretty good day. I did all of my running around packed my lunch but ate it on the run (in the van) ... re-joined Curves. They have added all of this new stuff/programs can't wait to try them. I was last there in August of 07. I remember the first month I was there (probably February 07) I lost 11 inches total body so I can't wait to get started. I go for my first weigh in and measure tomorrow morning at 8. Those of you that have been here since June with me know that I have always wanted to measure but couldn't do it right so never did it. I'll let you know what my numbers are when I get back. Also I was down .8 this morning at 166.2, that felt great.

Today's eats 10/01/10

Breakfast (340)
1 egg, 1/4c egg beaters, Swiss cheese, l/s ham, light V8 fusion, vanilla soy milk

Snack (310)
Herr baked BBQ, Slim fast bar, Special K bar <--- a lot I know (working at the school store) hungry

Lunch (330)
2oz deli turkey, deli Swiss, 2sl whole wheat, lettuce, light mayo, n/s applesauce

Snack (210)
Indian corn 1.5 servings

Dinner (260)
H/C Garlic Herb Shrimp <---- very good

Total calories 1450
Water 100ozs <--- I am working on this
No exercise today

Last edited by love2b150; 10-01-2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: to change dinner & water
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #42  

I came home and munched on tofu/veggie leftovers from the other night and then had 3 pieces of raisin bread.650 cal. 1800 at 7:30pm.

I just got done walking for an hour with a friend of mine and my dog and it's a little late for the gym. It closes at 8 on Friday nights. The walk will have to suffice.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:00 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Roxanne - I'm sure everyone has had that same thing happen, you hop on the scale hoping it will be one thing and it's another. Just keep plugging away and kick butt next week! Good luck on finding the home for your pup!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #44  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

dallas a hour walk is great Wish I could say the same for me today
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:07 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Ok here is my check in for today...
B- yogurt 80, 2 little bites of eggs w/sausage 50
S- apple 90
L- cheese sandwich on whole wheat 250, chips 150
S- slice of cheese 80
D- baked potato w/cheese 320, cup of soup w/crackers 80

1100 cals

walk (good pace) - 20 mins
pilates -30 mins
run - 10 mins

TGIF! Hope everyone had a great day!

What are everyones plans this weekend? Anything exciting going on?

I have tons of homework to do, a paper I need to start, edit &finish. :/
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote