Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Congrats Lauren on losing even with TTOM!!

Mine's coming up...

Ladies, How much do you notice "extra" on the scale?? I'm curious. So I won't freak out when I step on the scale!

LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #317  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

cincim - Enjoy wathcing the football game!

roxanne - Hi Try and get some time to relax on the weekend! Have a good one!

blue - Thanks! I know crazy stuff eh

LittleL - Thanks! What do you mean by "extra"??
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #318  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

My weekend starts now girls! Probably won't see me around until Tuesday so have a happy, healthy and OP weekend!

Last edited by L R K; 10-08-2010 at 04:14 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #319  

I mean like extra pounds gained during TTOM. How much do you ladies usually gain during that time, if any?
Old 10-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #320  

Lindsey - I can be up anywhere between 2-5 pounds during TOM most of the time. Totally depends on the person, as well as on sodium intake. Usually I can tell when I'm retaining water b/c my breasts are sore (sorry if TMI) so I can know the scale will be up even before I step on it. Just part of being a woman...don't let the TOM increases freak you out, just focus on making good decisions and know that things will move in the right direction despite these monthly 'blips.'

My Friday (may not have a chance to get on tomorrow, and not planning on eating anything else)

breakfast: 2 slices whole wheat toast with peanut butter. Small fruit salad of strawberries and banana, coffee with skim.

no morning snack - kind of a big breakfast

lunch - lentil and veggie soup, 1 slice of homemade bruschetta (bread topped with tomato, olive oil, basil, garlic), water to drink.

snack - 1 serving triscuits, store bought hummus

dinner - leftover stewed veggies from yesterday, a dollop of baba ghanoush, and homemade "sloppy joe" (lean, organic ground beef from our cows, browned with peppers, garlic, mustard, molasses, tomato paste, vinegar) on one piece of whole wheat bread.

exercise - 50 minute brisk walk...it was right after dinner so I didn't want to run on a full stomach, but wanted to get out before the sun set and tried to keep up my pace to get my heart rate up some, even though it's much less intense than running.

I'm going to work late tonight (so much easier when no one else is in the office so there aren't distractions) to finish up a big project on my to do list so I can have a relaxing Saturday and Sunday. Feeling like the work situation is under control, there's a lot to get done before I get on a plane and fly to Peru, but it's do-able if I just take it one step at a time and keep myself in a positive head space.

Happy weekend, all!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #321  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

LittleL--This last time, I didn't gain anything, but the month before that it was something like 4-5 pounds. Ask the girls, I was almost in tears.

Roxan--Good luck on your midterms!!

Cin--I love me some football (soccer)!

LaurenA--Wow, amazing victory on the scale! I'm so proud of you!

Vixsen--I'm sorry the guy didn't work out, but that new low is awesome!

Penguin--That Tuscan Cheese Tortellni soup sounds yummy!

Dallas--Don't you dare work out without drinking water! I bet you'll see that 236/237 in no time!

Stacy--I'm glad to hear your daughter is feeling better. How is your husband doing?

Blue--I think 5 Rhythms sounds like a lot of fun and probably very therapeutic.

Working--When my muscles are really sore, I tend to be up in weight too.

Diana--We're planning on taking the kids apple picking and then we have nothing else planned for a change.

Madi--Yay, for the summer rains!

165--Enjoy your new gloves and yay for having a sparing partner!

Pint, Nicole, Raven, MamaP--Have a wonderful weekend!
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #322  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

My info for today:

Weight: No change
Exercise: 70 minutes (3.5 miles) treadmill
Breakfast: Oatmeal, fresh pineapple, coffee
Snack: Wasa cracker bread, Laughing Cow cheese, V8
Lunch: Lean Cuisine spinach ravioli
Snack: coffee
Dinner: Cottage Pie
Snack: 1/2 a pomegranate

Calories: 1,286
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #323  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1455 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (340 calories)
Earth Grains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
2 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 30 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy Mustard 0 Calories
Snack Pack of Sliced Apples 40 Calories
Oikos Yogurt 110 Calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
Roasted Chicken Breast 400 calories
Roasted chicken wing 100 calories
Gravy 50 calories
Collard Greens 100 calories
Green Beans 100 calories

Exercise
~The Firm Lower Body Sculpt I w/Fitstix + Fanny Lifter
~TF Fire 45 EZ
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:15 PM   #324  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Waving Hi to Everyone! I hope you have a great weekend!

Raven Have you had to order any more meals?

Nicole Great job on your planning. Enjoy your little one's Birthday weekend.

Kris Great menus.

Working Sometimes it takes a little while to start losing. Be patient.

Blueridge Enjoy your exercise and the weather. It has cooled off here, too, and it's really nice. Ha Ha I worked late tonight, too. It is easier to get things done when no one is around.

Stacy I hope everything is still improving for your DH and Dad.

Dallas Enjoy the football game. I use the calories listed on the carton of eggs. Sometimes I round things up. I do this a lot with veggies. I put 100 calories. I doubt that the steamed veggies are 100 calories. It's a number that I have in my head and I don't have to think about it.

Penguin Hi

Vixsin Great job on the loss, especially with the added stress.

Lauren You probably won't see this, but I still want to tell you to have a nice weekend.

165orbroke Kickboxing type workouts are my favorite workouts.

Roxanne Good luck with all of the studying you have planned.

Lindsey I will average a 2-3 pound gain with TTOM. Before I started paying attention to my foods and sodium I would gain close to 10 pounds. That was awful!

Shells Have fun apple picking. That sounds fun. Great job on the treadmill.

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-08-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:11 AM   #325  

S/C/G: 276/270/160

Height: 5'4

Breakfast: grapes, banana, breakstone's cottage double

Lunch: Tuna + tomatoes + cucumbers + sprouts all wrapped in lettuce.
1/2 bag of reduced fat potato chips

Snack1: Fiber1 bar

*Went to the gym for the first time in months. Did a pretty rigorous walk on the treadmill for 25 mins. My legs are sore already. How out of shape am I?

Snack2: Fiber1 bar.

Dinner: Sushi roll w/ a low carb soybean wrap ( I forget the name or whats in it, salmon, avacado, some other veggies) + 2 pcs of some other roll that had salmon and yellowtail.

-Salad w/ ginger dressing

Dessert: Small sugar free custard w/ strawberries + pecans from Goodberry's.

This morning I was down one pound from yesterday. The first one down since the start of my journey 5 days ago.

Last edited by onherweighdown; 10-09-2010 at 12:18 AM.
onherweighdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:18 AM   #326  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Hi All!

Boy, I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow to stock up on the fruits and veggies! I think I've really changed the way I shop these last two months. I used to buy a couple of veggies and a fruit, but now I go to town and it really helps me get through the week. Red peppers are my favorite vegetable and turn everything from a salad to a sandwich into a treat. I may check out some of the grains I see you all talking about too.

This has been one hella long day. Roller coaster of fun and not fun. My mom lost her $120 ticket when we got to the games and then ten minutes later, I found it in the BUSY entrance lobby! It was just laying there folded with footprints on it! We met Pearce Lyons (Owner of a company called Alltech + more and the single person responsible for bringing the games to Lexington!) Went and saw Life as We Know it with friends at 10:00 and came home to find a skunk in my yard and a black widow in my living room. I can only hope I dragged it in from outside. Yes, I did look around my house, and I'm going with that theory.

I had the 450 this morning
A hotdog at the park after starving for hours and 1 beer (Pearce Lyons also has a brewery called Kentucky Ale) 600
hot pocket 300
4 bite size mounds @ movies 150
1500 calories for the day and I'm very hungry but it's 1:15 am and I don't want anything sitting in my stomach all night. (PLUS I want to see at least 237 asap).

Love seeing everyone's successes today! See you all tomorrow!
dallasgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:15 AM   #327  
165lbs or bust

S/C/G: 178/172/165

Height: 6'0"

So.

I just weighed myself, and I am currently at 169lbs.

I understand that what I am loosing is all water weight, but I also understand that getting too 165lbs is not going to give me the body composition that I am looking for… And here comes where being a quick-weight dropping man becomes a problem. There is no way that I should, or will, be under 165lbs at my height.

So… I have decided to replenish my stock of Creatine, get my protein shakes ready, and start doing someheavy lifting. If a bulking/cutting situation needs to happen… then I should certainly bulk now as opposed to later.
So, as of right now, I hope to maintain a weight around 170lbs, while starting a bulking weight regime. This is the part where girls have it easy (not having to worry about this)… This is gonna hurt.
165orbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #328  

S/C/G: 158/148/130

Height: 5'7"

I've not been diligent about keeping up with logging my exercise and calories, but have been exercising at least 45 minutes a day at least 5 days a week, and trying to keep calories commensurate with exercise. Looks like building muscle is paying off, as I've finally started to lose again, after a plateau at 151-152 for about two months!
meggoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #329  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5'6

dallas~ i lovveee red peppers
i hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL weekend!!!
I just have a second to drop in to say i lost a pound when i weighed in today!
its a small victory but im excited. since the scale hasn't really moved in like 3 weeks, and the cool thing is iv only been doing the planed menus for 3 day so im looking for a 1 to 2 pound loss next week. dh asked me if i wanted both of us to work out together when he gets home from work from now on so im gonna do that. he doesn't necessarily have weight to loose. he just has a tiny bit of a belly. it just irritates him that hes not as cut as he was in high school, so he wants to bulk up again, im his biggest cheer leader and i just keep reminding him not to be too hard on himself cause he played football in high school. that's when i met him and good Lord the man was cut, he always says i wanted him for his body!hehe anywho ill be checking in again soon
nicolewoods1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #330  

169.4# today. -0.2# from yesterday...

Here's my plan for today:

B- ww toast w/jam 100
pears 150

S- applesauce 80

L- 2 c. progresso soup 200

D- HC meal 350

S- SO PB dessert (YUM!) 170
Fruit bar (strawberry) 80

Total 1130

30 min walk
30 min Pilates

Have to share - last night my dinner that I planned was at Applebee's. It was SO tempting there. That spinach & artichoke dip (among other things!) smelled and looked so good. I stuck to my plan and ate my meal.

Today we're going grocery shopping...I'm getting tired of ham & cheese sandwiches, applesauce and LC light with crackers...lol.

Everyone have a great and OP day!!!!!!

Lindsey

Last edited by LindseyLou; 10-09-2010 at 07:42 PM.