Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-30-2010, 12:38 AM   #1  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default Bad Indigestion, anyone?

The first week that I was on WW, I was eating so much fiber, and my bowel movements were very large and lovely! I never thought I'd call my poop lovely, but I digress. My digestive system was working well. On to week two, when one day I ate a bit of my friend's salad. It had garlic and onions and ceasar dressing on it. I forgot to mention bacon bits.

I think that is what triggered an intense indigestion/heartburn episode that has been ongoing. I'm now on day 5, and although the pain is less than yesterday, I noticed my bowel movements are like rabbit poop. Maybe because I took a lot of Malox recently which really hasn't helped. I haven't went to the doctors yet.

I wonder if my problem is because I'm eating too much fiber, or maybe it was from what I ate. I notice I often feel gassy, and have had a very sensitive stomach in the past. Any advice on relieving indigestion/heartburn or what could be the problem?
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Are you eating too close before you go to bed? That has given me indigestion before. Are you drinking enough water to go along with all of the fiber you're getting?
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:15 AM   #3  
Cookie

S/C/G: 88.0/83.7/63

Height: 170cm

Peppermint is the answer to heartburn.
Drink Peppermint tea after your meal, if you have it before you get the pain you won't get it. And if you have it once you have pain, it will take about 10 minutes.
Anything peppermint flavour will do the trick. If it doesn't - it's something much more serious and you do need to see a doctor
Cookc04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:45 PM   #4  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Thanks for the tips, Cookc04 and FreeSpirit! I agree that Peppermint tea is a great aid to disgestion. The pain seems to be almost gone today, and I figure it was from what I ate previously. I guess I really have to watch what I eat because I easily get indigestion.

FreeSpirit, I have eaten before bed in the past, and I don't want to make that a habit. Thanks for the reminder.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote