Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-28-2010, 04:42 PM   #1  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

Default getting through TOM?

I was just wondring how people on diets get through TOM,
its the tme i fail most,
somehow all my cravings take control of me,
i put so much weight on and feel so disgusting that i dont see the point in dieting
i try and work out with little effect as normal because my iron goes so low.

has anyone got similar issues? advice? help?
im just about to go into it, and can feel my want to diet faltering as much as i WANT to lose weight, its the diet that does not mix with TOM (and always ends up destorying alot of good work by havig a few small treats or stopping working out...i basically cant do that ever!)

help!
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Just because you have a craving, doesn't mean you have to give into that said craving.. It's okay to tell yourself no. Not giving into a craving will cause you no harm - just the opposite. You've got to work through it. They DO pass.

Make sure to plan out your day thoroughly. Good wholesome, delicious, satisfying foods.

20 calorie hot chocolate also does the trick for me. Fills me up.

As well as having good healthy foods to eat, it's good to have some activities planned as well.

But I am a little curious. According to your stats, you've lost 70 pounds. 70 ponds!!!! So is this TOM issue something that's just arisen?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Well, I got through this week with Tofutti soy chocolate frozen pops. 1 pop is 95 calories, 1.5 gram of fat. Those are great to have in the freezer when a wicked PMS induced craving hits.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:57 AM   #4  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

i lost 70lb by going from non active to active, im now very active and find it hard to loose the last bit of weight.
im also suffering from ovarian cysts alotat the moment and this month abou of food poisioning it would seem in the mx of the cramps which is causing havoc with my body........
thanks for the advice
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:04 AM   #5  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

White knuckle it most months...but some months I'm ready for a break and indulge before getting right back on plan.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #6  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I get that feeling sometimes - that bloated, why am I bothering feeling - and I just try to remind myself that it's just a couple of days and I'll probably see a little whoosh when it's over.

I admit, though, that I've never really had particular cycle-related cravings to deal with.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #7  

Default I know how you feel

I'm currently experiencing the same thing. This is only my first month of dieting, so this is all new to me. It's my TOM right now and while I did great last week, today I want everything in sight and it's actually making me feel really down. I will tell you this: Every time I deny my cravings, it feels cruddy to begin with, but then I feel awesome about it later. This morning, I SOOO wanted to stop for a biscuit at a drive-thru, but I drove right past it and now I feel more powerful because I did! Just hang in there and make it a point to tell that chocolate/muffin/cookie/ice cream NO!!!
mrsslade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Hey Mrs Slade- forbidding drive thrus was one of my first "lifestyle change rules" I used to swing through a drive through just because I was driving past!

AZ Sunrises- white knuckle it! I like that.... that's what I have to do thorugh my whole day not just TOM!

I don't have cravings from it so much as I know I am not going to lose any weight and it just feels frustrating. I guess we retain water of something. Not sure. But it is usually 5 wasted days. But this month I noticed that my body caught up and when it was over I lost a bit faster for a couple of days.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote