Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 12:34 PM   #46  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Angry OMG...

Hi Everyone!

Well as you know I nearly missed the Tornado, then fell off the porch steps...well just when you thought it couldn't get ANY worst I LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF THE HOUSE !!! Luckily I had my cell phone with me so I called DH but work had taken him out of town for the day then I called my mom and got lucky. As I sat there on the steps I asked "How much worse could it get?" It just so happened that day was the day I had an interview. Well it did work out in the end. But then I said (the optimist that I am) "Well it can only go up from here!" It had come until this morning! I had a loss even more than I had mentioned earlier in the week! Here it is Gennel...drum roll please...3.5 lb loss And would you believe my loss comes with TOM which all of you know is quite impossible! You know where that puts me only a .5 lb away from my mini goal. I am almost in the 80s OMG.

I really have to say thank you to all of you guys. Without the support, the stories of success, and the stories that give me the strength to push forward...gosh I just don't think I could have done it. I have tried to lose weight before and before 3FC, this particular thread, and others I had attempted to lose and got no where successful and definitely nowhere close to what I am today. Thumbs up to all of you involved in this thread.

Di ~~~you are doing so awesome. So how do you like the elliptical machine? I love it. I had taken some time away from it and now went back this week. Keep at it you will see and feel the difference in yourself.

Wykyd, Rusty ~~~Thanks I am doing much better! I have managed to get on my elliptical machine. I don't push myself further than my body allows me. But I often get on plateau's actually just recently was able to get off one.

Angie ~~~Weigh to go! I weight myself everyday. I know that is bad but it helps to keep me focused and also keeps me from making bad choices throughout the day. For instance if I were passing a fast food place I want to stop but I allow myself to remember what my scale weighed in that morning. So hopefully the scale will tell you what you want but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work in your favor that is part of the challenge.

MorningGlory ~~~I don't think it would be too late to join in on this one. Ask Gennel. But you would just have to modify your goal for this challenge we are working on since we have already started. You know? Good Luck glad to see you here and hope to see you succeed!

DipNtwists, Laney ~~~Welcome back from a few days off. I know how life can keep us busy but don't lose yourself in your busy life. I am the best example...allow yourself some "ME" time. Be a little selfish with yourself from time to time.

Okay I think this is very long and probably everyone will just scan through it because we are always in a rush. But I wanted to give a quick two cents and a big hello. Okay talk to you all again.

hugs and smiles, Kina

Last edited by Kina; 11-02-2002 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-02-2002, 04:39 PM   #47  

Default Weigh In Chart

How's everyone? Looks like we got some great losers this week!

If anyone has more weightloss and I didnt put it correctly PLEASE post and I will fix it ASAP!

Gen.Goal (maint weight)(11/2/02 maint)

Kempyd ..Goal 2.5 lbs

Wykyd..Goal 7 lbs

laney1733...Goal 6 lbs

Grizzlyschick..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 4 lbs

AngieME..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 4.5 lbs

Kina ..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 3.5 lbs

Dipsntwists..Goal 8 lbs

SarahBella..Goal 10 lbs

RustyRusty..Goal 8 lbs

Sahvara..Goal 4 lbs(11/5 Welcome! )

Last edited by Gennel; 11-05-2002 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-02-2002, 07:40 PM   #48  
determined chick!

Talking Kina

WOO HOO! Kina- You go girl!! I'm so happy for your big loss! . Thanks for the encouragement with the elliptical machine, maybe soon I'll learn to love it. Right now I'm going from strong dislike to it's ok. I love the treadmill, but it just doesn't burn as many calories as that darn elliptical machine does in the same amount of time- and right now when I'm so close to hitting my next big goal, I have to do what's going to give me the best results. So if I curse once in a while about that darn machine forgive me, I'm just a die hard treadmill fan! Hope you're feeling better since the fall. Take care.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:03 PM   #49  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default Love & Hate

Di I know what you mean about the elliptical machine. I always have nice things to say about it. I love the results I have gotten since using it. But I have to admit while I am on that machine I am cursing the whole time. I like to put the tv on a show that keeps my attention distracted. At first it was hard and now it is a snap the miles go so quickly and effortlessly that I don't complain that much.

You are doing so much more than I am doing that is for sure. Not that I don't want to do all that you are doing I just can't find the time to get it all done. But once the semester is over I will make the extra time for aerobics and stuff like that. So right now I am 190.5 my ultimate goal is to be at 150 by April. Let's see if I can do it.

Well I have to let you go now. I have homework I have to turn in by midnight. Keep up the great job; you are going to look excellent and feel that much better about yourself.

hugs, Corina
Old 11-03-2002, 12:47 AM   #50  

Hello all- hope your challenge is going well.

I am exactly the same as when I started, still at 227.
Thinking positively, at least it's not a gain, and hopefully will be a loss next week!

Old 11-03-2002, 07:56 AM   #51  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Those darn sticky pounds - maybe we're eating too much bubble gum? LOL
Old 11-03-2002, 01:39 PM   #52  
determined chick!

Angry Gennel and Kina

OMG! Gennel! I could not believe the pics! You look absolutely incredible. I couldn't believe the difference in the last pictures I had seen of you and these- you go girl!
Kina- I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who curses that darn machine! Honestly the only way I make time is by doing it first thing in the morning before work. If I waited until the end of the day I'd never do it. Not having kids also makes it a lot easier to get time in for exercising for me. Thanks again for the encouragement and I know you'll make that goal by April and hopefully so will I!Well gotta go cook dinner- chicken and cabbage soup Talk to you later. Di
Old 11-03-2002, 03:23 PM   #53  

Hello all. I'm down one pound for this challenge so far. All the kids treats being around the house is making it very difficult. I have no willpower. Waaaaa Good luck to everyone in the coming week!!
Old 11-03-2002, 04:22 PM   #54  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Gen, I was just rereading the posts and you and I are the same height. I must admit though that you look alot better than I did at 130 pounds. I think I stretched out to much skin when I got up to 265 pounds. Maybe when I reach my goal I'll consider the surgery to remove the extra skin. I am so much of a wimp that I don't know if I could do it.LOL
Old 11-03-2002, 09:49 PM   #55  

Default How Many Pounds Lost Total from Challenges!

I havent done this in a while so I went back and added the pounds from the previous challenges. You guys ! IT totally shocked me how many pounds have melted away since my first challenge! Are ya ready ? We have lost a total of 314.5 lbs! That is almost 3 people ! Well three petite people lol.
I put together a bunch of pictures of mine Since February till now. Instead of uploading them to a temporary gallery I plan to do a small webpage of my personal story. The good ,the bad and the very ugly . My husband, his boss and his wife are sort of encouraging me to write a booklet about my story and what I did to reach my goal. It never hurts to try I guess.I dont know yet about doing this. If I decide to do this it will be all of it ,very personal things. Everyone who's ever been overweight can and will relate to my story. I just cant imagine my friends and family reading this! Ya know what I mean? I want to add lowfat tips on the website at least once a week. When I get all the pictures up and write something I will post a link here.

ttyl,Gen
Old 11-04-2002, 11:00 AM   #56  

Gen - I would read it when you get it done.

I have lost one pound since the start of this challenge. I don;t know how I did it though. Last Tuesday it was 164 know it is 157.5. WHAT??? Mother nature was even visiting. Do I hold that much water???
Old 11-04-2002, 02:14 PM   #57  
Sarcasm Queen

I'm a lurker on this thread and I just wanna tell you all that I find your posts inspiring. Keep up the great work. I hope that I can be a wonderful loser like all of you.

~Sahvara
Old 11-04-2002, 03:16 PM   #58  

Weighed myself this morning. A pound lost! Yay!
Now 226 ......... 220 here I come!

Old 11-04-2002, 03:36 PM   #59  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Way to go Wykyd on the loss!!!

Hi Sahvara,welcome to the board!! Are you going to join our challenge?

Gen, I would read it too. When I lost my weight the first time there was a magazine I would buy every month that was devoted to people who had lost weight and their stories. I loved that Magazine but I can't think of the name and wouldn't you know it when I tried to get a subscription to it they stopped printing it!!!
Old 11-04-2002, 04:05 PM   #60  
Sarcasm Queen

I don't know if I'd be able to meet any of the weight loss goals I'd put for myself. My nutritionist says that she only wants me to lose a pound a week. So anything more than four pounds a month, I don't know if I could meet it.

~Sahvara
Closed Thread