Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-16-2010, 10:27 PM   #1  
Y U NO EAT RITE?

S/C/G: HW: 250

Height: 5 foot 7 and a heifff

Thumbs down 12 pounds lighter and clothes fit tighter?

I was packing to go on a trip to the beach this weekend and thought about maybe trying on some old jeans to see if I could take them with me.

BAD IDEA.

Everything fits TIGHTER than before.

I am so upset right now. I have dropped 12 pounds since I started working out and nothing....I MEAN NOTHING....has changed with my body. I still am as big as I was, if not bigger, before I watched what I ate and worked out.

I am not close to my TOM or anything so it shouldn't be bloating.
I am in tears and I don't know what to do.

I hate that I am being all depressing but I feel so defeated.
Persicae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:29 AM   #2  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

It will happen, but not this soon. When I was your weight it was 30 lbs between sizes.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:31 AM   #3  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Girl I feel ya on this! I weighed this morning and was 2 pounds down...yet these stupid size 10 Lauren Conrad jeans are still just as tight as they were 4 or 5 pounds ago! It's frustrating, but don't let it throw you off. You'll probably have a whoosh in the next 3 or 4 pounds and things will all of a sudden be looser...it's happened to me! Chin up!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #4  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I'm wearing the same jeans now when I was 194 pounds! They are a tad looser to where I need a belt instead of my fat holding them up though, haha.

I've lost most of my weight in my gut and arms and thighs, but I still have larger hips.

Plus, 12 pounds wouldn't have that much affect size wize if it is a larger size. The smaller you are, the more that 12 pounds means.

Keep at it, I didn't start shopping for smaller tops until I had lost almost 25 pounds, and it wasn't cus I needed to, it was cus I fit them now and it was a novelty for me to buy a medium instead of a large haha. A good way to not get dissappointed is to not try on smaller clothes until your existing ones feel loose. That's the cue to move forward
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #5  

Height: 5'11"

I started out at about your starting weight and it was also at least 30 pounds for me before I could move down a size. You are halfway there! I know it's hard, but just be patient. Keep doing what you are doing and it will happen.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:05 AM   #6  
Stubborn

S/C/G: 195/1175/145

Height: 5'5"

It took me 20 Lbs before my jeans started getting loose and I really don't need a new pair yet. Don't feel discouraged! Our bodies all lose weight in weird ways.
The first thing that started loosening on me was my shirt sleeves /shrug.
Grats on your weight loss so far !!
Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:22 PM   #7  
Y U NO EAT RITE?

S/C/G: HW: 250

Height: 5 foot 7 and a heifff

Thanks guys. You're right. I should wait it out.

On a better note- I tried on an old shirt today and it hangs off me.....like it is getting looser!!!!!
Persicae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #8  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5'6

nicolewoods1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

I am at nearly 30lbs lost and have not been able to change the size of my jeans yet. I can get them up over my butt, (couldn't do that before!) but I still can't even button them.

Give it more time. All weight is a struggle to lose, so it is frustrating to realize how much needs to be lost to make any noticeable effect on our actual size.

One thing that may help to encourage you is to take body measurements regularly! I measure my neck, bust, waist, hips, upper thighs, lower thighs, calves, biceps and forearms weekly to every 2 weeks. I may not be seeing huge strides in the clothing size department and the scale may not be changing very drastically, but the measurements say a lot!!

Keep up with it, it pays off in the end. As long as you keep on your plan, day after day, it WILL come off.
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:02 AM   #10  
ChubbyChicChick

S/C/G: 198/194/132

Height: 5'4''

You know... sometimes we lose weight in the weirdest places!

After I had my daughter and had gained 20+ lbs I still fit in my pre-pregnancy jeans. Very tightly, but I did. Why was that? Because most of my weight is on my upper half. I only went up one jean size since I was 154. But I went from S or M t-shirt sizes to XL. That should give you an idea...

You are losing weight. Maybe just not in your booty. Don't give up! This is just the beginning!

Last edited by 60lbstogo; 09-18-2010 at 02:03 AM.
60lbstogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:37 AM   #11  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Yes, that!

It took me a good 30 lbs to drop a jeans size in the beginning. Now that I'm getting closer to goal I'm dropping sizes every 10-15 lbs... it's awesome! You'll get there!!! Please don't give up!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Is it possible that the last time you tried the jeans on you were smaller than you are now, you just hadn't weighed in a while? Just a thought.

Also, like everyone else has said, it takes time! You just have to stay committed and you'll get there.

When I first started losing weight, the first place that I shrunk was my thighs and my breasts. My stomach was the last to go, so even though I was losing weight, my pants weren't getting any looser.

Do you have a measuring tape? Maybe you can start taking measurements at different parts of your body to help visualize where you're losing the weight from!
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 255/208/??

Height: 5'4"

I've lost 34 lbs, it's only been with the last 10 lbs that all my old clothes no longer fit. I started in a sz 22/24. I'm now comfortably in an 18 pants, 16s are snug in the waist but look great on my legs. Grr! My belly is a real problem area after 4, 10-11+ lb babies. I've gone from a 42DDD bra to a 38G. So, I'm making progress but it's taken a lot of time and work and I still have a long ways to go.

Its a simple percentage thing. When you're big loosing 10-15 lbs is really nothing compared to your total body weight. Sucks, but that's the reality of it.

That's why I set fitness goals not just weight loss goals. The scale may not be my friends one week, but if I've run farther and more than ever before then to **** with the scale. I
KNOW my body is getting stronger and more fit and that's my real goal.
Tafadhali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:41 PM   #14  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Hang in there! IT WILL get better.

When I first started Weight Watchers, they said 8 pounds should be a size. *rolls eyes*

Patience is a virtue in this process!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 245/232/145

Height: 5'3

I read this in another forum, and I love it and it will help you understand better, because I also felt i should see a huge difference after 10 pounds......

Paper Towel Theory by Bob White

Let's assume you go out and buy two rolls of paper towels, each with only 84 paper towels on it (one for each day of the challenge). You put one aside, and keep it for future reference (your before/ picture).

The other one represents you (I'll call your paper towel you "Ed"). The core represents the lean Ed. The towels represent the fat that is covering the lean Ed. For sake of argument, let's say that Ed wants to lose 21 pounds of fat, so (84/21) each sheet represents a quarter-pound of fat lost. Let's also assume that Ed loses his fat equally during each day of the challenge.

Each day during the first week, you tear a sheet off of Ed, representing the fat he has lost for the day. Next, you put Ed next to the full roll ("Big Al") for comparison. No noticeable difference!!! Even at the end of the week! This can't be working for me!

But, being a good Ed, you continue to your plan. At the end of weeks two and three, you continue to compare Ed to Big Al, and still notice very little difference.
But Ed is determined! He works hard! Three more weeks go by, the sheets peeling off day after day, before Ed gets up the courage to stand next to Big Al again. Holy Myoplex! Ed is skinny! OK, not skinny, but less huge!!!

By the end of the 12-week plan program, Ed is down to his lean dream, or somewhere near it. Ed is happy. We are happy. Big Al - well he's not so happy.

The lesson to be learned is that fat, like paper towels, comes off in sheets. When you are heavy, you are big around. And when you are big around,that fat is spread over a MUCH larger area - just like that outside towel sheet. The closer you get to the lean you, the more each lost pound of fat shows, because it is spread over a smaller area.

While the outside sheet may only cover 1 layer of the roll, the inside sheet may go around 4 times. That last sheet looks like it gives you 4 times the results of the first sheet, but in reality, the results are the same - your perception is just different! And you'll never see the inside, if you aren't patient while the outside is coming off! -
christine a is offline   Reply With Quote