3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Mini-goal # 1 Joining a gym (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/212296-mini-goal-1-joining-gym.html)

serenityh 09-13-2010 03:44 AM

Mini-goal # 1 Joining a gym

I'm wanting to join a fitness club because it will help me keep track of my weight and if I pay for a non-contract club, I can keep up with my own results and stuff. I'm trying to choose between Snap Fitness and Anytime Fitness. I'm definitely looking at Anytime Fitness because it is open 24/7. Anyway, I will update you on my goal. Thanks.

shcirerf 09-13-2010 10:40 AM

I finally have enough money saved for a year membership! I only have one choice around here, but it's a nice place.

Good luck.

Eliana 09-13-2010 11:53 AM

Great goal! May you discover your inner gym rat. ;)

JennieGrl 09-13-2010 12:11 PM

24/7 gyms are good, especially if the only time u have is early morning before work. good luck! u can always go for a simple walk. When I can't get to my kickboxing class I go for a walk. Stick my ipod in and go and before I know it, I'm back home with calories burned.

Coondocks 09-13-2010 12:20 PM

I'm starting to really enjoy my gym, I love that I can take Jack 4 days out of the week at least for 2 hrs, I love it even more that they opened one by my work and I can use my hr lunch to be productive.

It's so easy to get addicted to the gym if you commit to a month of going 4 times a week, in no time you'll notice how much you look forward to it!

Kudos to you for joing!!

serenityh 09-13-2010 07:50 PM

I finally joined a gym! It's called New Life Fitness World. I used to work there and I never would use it. I was just too tired and lazy. I got my plan for 25 dollars a month and I don't start paying till October. Part of being friends with the manager. :carrot: I'm just happy. I did this spontaneously because I was going with my friend who also used to work there. I look forward to getting exercising!

2feelbetter 09-14-2010 09:41 PM

I joined the Y last week. There are several gyms in my area but I needed the Y for the water aerobics. Yesterday I took a zumba class but it bothered my knees (arthritis) so today I took the water aerobics. That was nice but I could still feel some of the jumping up and down in my knees. Next I'm going to try aqua jogging which is in the deep end of the pool and my feet don't touch the bottom of the pool.

serenityh 09-14-2010 10:00 PM

I like aerobics. If I take a class I want to do spinning. I just like biking. You don't lose as many calories as you do with the elptical, but it's still a good exercise and I need the exercise. I also like the swimming pool. My gym has a swimming pool and 12 foot hot tub. It's real nice.

shcirerf 09-14-2010 10:10 PM

Woo Hoo! Our local gym is finally offering yoga when I can go! Instead of 9am it's 6:30 pm. Yay!

2feelbetter 10-10-2010 05:25 PM

It's so funny how everyone loves something different to do at the gym.

I'm doing water aerobics and Zumba but I'm going to have the give a the Zumba it's hurting my knees to much.

CourtneyDaisey 10-10-2010 07:23 PM

I had a membership to Anytime Fitness and enjoyed it when I went. I just never could get myself motivated to exercise all that much. I hope you go and enjoy yourself!

2feelbetter 10-17-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CourtneyDaisey (Post 3516227)
I had a membership to Anytime Fitness and enjoyed it when I went. I just never could get myself motivated to exercise all that much. I hope you go and enjoy yourself!

I've always liked to exercise. I'm so glad I joined just sad at the limitations I now have with my bad knees and feet.:swim: