Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 01:10 AM   #121  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post

MamaP: where in NC does your daughter live? We have no sign of the hurricane, all beautiful, blue, sunny skies! I love the coastal areas of NC!
They are at Camp Lejenue. She said they didn't even get any rain. I guess there was a lot of hype around base and my son-in-law's unit gave them a list of things they needed to have to prepare for the storm. The main thing they were concerned about was losing power, but they got nothing ~ which is good. It is beautiful there. I've been down there 3 times since they moved there (and the trip to move them there Christmas 08). Can't wait to go back the first weekend of November, but will only get to stay a few days (I get there late Thursday night and fly out on Monday).
Old 09-04-2010, 01:16 AM   #122  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridgegirl View Post

MamaP - what is protein shake ice cream?
I have a protein powder that is vanilla ice cream flavor so I use 1/2 a serving of it with 3-4 ounces of almond milk in the blender and add in frozen strawberries and sometimes some ice to make it really thick - almost like a soft-serve ice cream. It feels like I'm having a treat but it's really low in calories and fat. Sometimes I top it with a little bit of reddi-whip and sugar free chocolate syrup.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:29 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I’m going to try and catch up with all the news and say hello to everyone as I have a little time
Nicloe – 1pt! Yey! Well done ☺ Sorry you had a rough ime, hope you’re feeling better today, why not journal on here, that’s what I do and it works for me. Happy anniversary too
Lauren - you won’t get this probably, so I shall write it for the future (haven’t invented time travel yet, it’s on my to-do list)…I hope you had a fantastic break
Therex – welcome!! Don’t worry about going OP, just dust yourself off and try again
Cronopia – wow, good job on the gyming so early, I would require threats and all-sorts to get me up at that time and I love the gym! My cycles are all over the place, I think from being on the pill and recovering from the dreaded Bulimia monster I do find that when I have them, they are better if I exercise as my womby muscles don’t get as crampy.
Meggoat – welcome! Well done on the cals and training, keep it up
MissVick – Wow, good menus! Congrats on the scale moving too, that’s ace!
Raven - I hope your food arrives soon babe. I always say, you need to look after you before even contemplating looking after food and gym etc. I think moving the tablet to the evening instead is a good plan, then you won’t feel the muggy bit but will get the benefit. I was prescribed a cocktail of drugs a couple of years ago…they made me dribble and act like a zombie. I know what you mean, it’s almost worse than the thing they are prescribed for! I’m glad your Mr talked you into weighing – well done!
Grabec – welcome, don’t worry, help is what we do. We are all in the same boat wanting the same thing so dive in and get going. You can do it
Love – I’m well proud of you for the ‘pizza resistance’. I find it so hard to resist pizza. It is my nemesis, so I allow myself some once in a blue moon, i.e. once a month. And I count it in my cals so I see how it’s not worth it !!! We will be down a pound on Monday, I can feel it in my waters (hehe).
Dream – your menus sound ace. Hope you managed the hour at the gym, it’s fun really
Cardboard – spinning. Yikes! I admire you for going to that, I would have cacked myself …well done!
Blue – dust yourself off and come back to being positive. Think about how you would have eaten if you hadn’t been trying to lose weight. Would it be different? If yes, then you made a step in the right direction. I factor in social evens (i.e. eat very little if I know I’m going out for dinner) but it is hard when people are offering things…I think you did fine. Let us know about the race!!!
Jer – I will be a Dr of Physics (hopefully). Unable to fix broken limbs but able to explain the finer working points of a laser…your cals are great, keep it up!!!
Penguin – Well done on being OP and the exercise!
Diana – let us know your ok now x
Hi to all you other lovelies hope you’re all well and have a nice OP day x x x
As for me, guess what (‘What!’) I did a 1000 cal session at the gym yesterday I was pooped afterwards but feels dead good. Going to do a 500 today for a rest and hopefully another mega one tomorrow if I can,…will update menu later on x x x x
Old 09-04-2010, 09:25 AM   #124  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5'6

thank you, he truly is a wonderful man!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #125  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Hi girls! Just a quick one today as I just got in and now have to start getting ready to go out to dinner (it takes me at least an hour to straighten my hair, ugh) Going to my favourite restaurant tonight with a friend. Haven't been in aaages because it's quite expensive so I'm so excited to go. It's thai food so not low in cals at all but at least I was good all week with food and exercise.

love2b150, you're probably right, my cals were a bit low yesterday because it was a busy day and I skipped lunch. In fact I did get hungry later on and I had a pitta with vegetables and a low fat yoghurt. I'll make up for it tonight for sure.

B: Banana
L: Pitta with salad, low fat yoghurt
S: Small popcorn in the cinema
D: Will most likely be prawns in yellow curry with steamed rice, some kind of dessert, and 3-4 glasses of wine. Possibly an amaretto afterwards.

Exercise - 15 mins cross trainer, 30 mins exercise bike

Last edited by CardboardCutoutCat; 09-04-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #126  
Jer
Began 8/11/17

S/C/G: 187.8/ticker/148

Height: 5'7"

Hi, Sweeties.

Today: toast & peanut butter 200
1 sf krunch bar 100
Greek green beans 100
dinner out 450
sf pudding 60
snack (low sugar, carb, if enough cals left)
Total 1000 walked 1 hour

therex: you may be right. I'm open to adjusting cals as needed. So far, this has been good, but I intend to go the long distance and maintain, so I'm willing to make changes along the way.

abidabbi: When are you supposed to finish up and have your doctorate?
You think the 1,000 cal/day plan is good? Is this close to the amount of calories you're doing?

MamaP: I haven't seen Camp LeJeune, but I know it's quite a ways east of here, probably not too far from beaches. Glad you'll be able to visit in November (for Thanksgiving?). We used to go to Myrtle Beach for Thanksgiving for several years, stayed right on the ocean, and had a great time. We saw a Christmas show, and the Rockettes' Christmas special several times.

Everyone have a good weekend!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #127  
Jer
Began 8/11/17

S/C/G: 187.8/ticker/148

Height: 5'7"

Oh! Nicole, happy anniversary!

CardboardCat: Sorry about my story of using a stationary bike! It was one my parents got second hand, and the seat was awful. Probably the reason their friend was selling it.

Do you live in Malta? I've always wanted to see it. It looks like a beautiful and interesting place!
Old 09-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #128  

Jer - I would maybe aim for a couple of hundred more cals (maybe 1200-1500) because you dont want your body to go into starvation mode. Also, for sustaining a lifestyle, the more calories you can eat and still lose weight, the better.

One pound a week on 1500 cals is better than two pounds on 1000, in my opinion, because you won't be hungry and you will be giving your body what it needs in a way that you're able to do forever. You're less likely to binge (I have found) and on the days where you go a little above your body won't 'grab' at the calories.

My way of getting to the defecit is through both the diet (I eat between 1200-1500 a day) AND the exercise (about 2500-3500 cals a week just at the gym)...And I lose a pound a week, sometimes just over.

On the cals I use, when I don't exercise I do not gain anything at all, my loss slows a bit but I can maintain whist eating the things I like (within reason and within my calorie limit). Hope that helps, we want you to be healthy as well as getting where you want to be xxx
Old 09-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #129  

Oh and I am due to finish in March 2011 and the there will be some writing and having to wait for my viva voca...I should have it by this time next year I want to graduate thin, so started early
Old 09-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #130  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post

MamaP: I haven't seen Camp LeJeune, but I know it's quite a ways east of here, probably not too far from beaches. Glad you'll be able to visit in November (for Thanksgiving?).
It isn't far from the beach at all. They actually have a really nice oceanfront beach on the base (Onslow Beach) and they are only about 30-45 minutes from Emerald Isle. Unfortunately, I won't be there for Thanksgiving. I'm going for the Marine Corps Ball, which is November 6. I told my daughter maybe we could have a mini Thanksgiving dinner while I'm there - either on Sunday evening, or Monday for a late lunch/early dinner since I have to leave for the airport about 4:30.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #131  

Hello all,

First of all, thanks everybody for your support about my mini self-pity party I threw after Thursday's birthday with a friend - Miss Vick, you are so right, it's not about eating the cake, it's about showing up. And, yes, it's a good reminder to factor it in and plan on saving up calories if I know there will be a special event.

So....my race! Thanks for asking! Well, here's the story: the alarm clock went off at 5:45 am and it was still dark...this is the moment when I question this hobby of mine...but got up and got to the race site by 6:30 am. It was over 3500 women running, so it was a huge crowd. Big line for the portapotties, people with flags showing you to park - wow, like going to a big fair. I didn't run the race with anyone but I ran into quite a few people I knew and chatted with them. Just women (it's a fundraiser for breast cancer) so it had a nice sisterhood feel to it.

Because I had been feeling a little under the weather all week, I hadn't run in a week and wasn't sure what to expect. I went out thinking that I would shoot for 12 minute mile pace, to finish at around 48 minutes. I ran the first mile quite slow - partially intentionally because it was down hill and I didn't want to go out too fast, and partially unintentionally just because it was so crowded. My first mile was just over 12 minutes, which is slower than my intended pace, which is good - saving energy for the uphill.

There was a point in the race, just past mile one, where we turned around and ran back the way we had come, and there were still lots of runners who will still going to opposite direction that had not yet made the U-turn. Anyway, I'm not sure exactly how it happened, I think a runner going the opposite direction crossed over the center line, but someone I was tripped and I fell flat on my face. Caught myself on my hands and landed on my right knee. Immediately, I felt hands on me and was lifted back to standing - it all happened in about three seconds. I was so focused I didn't even turn back to say thanks to the runners who lifted me up, and didn't even look down much at my knee, and just said "I'm okay, I'm okay," kept running.

So I ran the next three miles with a scraped knee - the skin was broken but it wasn't really bleeding and because of the adrenaline didn't feel any pain. The second mile I did in about ten and half minutes - faster than my intended pace, and the third mile in eleven and some minutes, and these miles were uphill. The last mile was partially down hill and I kicked it in to high gear when I could see the finish line and did the fourth mile in ten minutes and some seconds. Then I went to the medical tent to get some anti-bacterial stuff for my skinned knee and a bandage.

All in all I am happy with how it went. Overall, 11:30 pace and negative splits (which means first half was slower than the second half). Given the crowds (and I'm used to running alone) and the sun towards the end and my skinned knee I am more than content with myself and how I did. A woman who saw me go down approached me after the race and said, "Wow, I would have quit if that had happened to me. I'm impressed." I thanked her, and it got me to thinking that I was just so into the moment that quitting, or even stepping off to the sidelines for a minute never occurred to me. I just was back on my feet and didn't break my stride. I certainly wasn't expecting that to happen, so am proud of myself that that was my response. I drove home with a smile on my face, encouraged to not give up at running, or at my efforts to be healthier and lose weight, or at anything. I'm the fat, smart, non-jock kid who couldn't run a mile in gym class and always finished last with a red sweaty face, and I just turned out four miles in three-quarters of an hour. My chip time was 45 minutes, 2 seconds.

Thanks for reading my super-long post and letting me gloat a bit. I'm happy to have a success to celebrate with all of you ladies who are doing such a fantastic job on your goals. And, by the way, after the race I came home and made those homemade baked-not-fried eggrolls with leftover chicken, and lots of veggies from the garden for lunch. Even made a soy-honey-ginger type sweet and sour sauce for them. They were tasty and healthy post-run meal!

Have a great Labor Day weekend!
Old 09-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #132  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Blue, thanks for sharing with us. Sorry that you fell but what a show of support and camradarie by those who helped you up. Sounds like you had an amazing time! Good job on finishing faster than you expected! Big NSV!
Old 09-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #133  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

I'm trying to get caught up with everyone's posts.

Waving Hi to Everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend!

Raven Great job on the 3 pounds!

Nicole Happy Anniversary! It could be what you said. You feel you have control over the food.

Meggoat It looks like you are doing great.

dream You are still doing great, too.

Abidabbi Great job on your 1000 calorie session at the gym!

Sarah Enjoy the restaurant and movie!

Blueridge Great job on the race.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #134  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1685 Calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (300 calories)
Grilled chicken snack wrap no sauce 250 calories
Venti iced coffee w/sweet 'n low & light cream 50 calories

Dinner (1020 calories)
Yellow rice 100 calories
Asparagus 200 calories
Boiled Shrimp 300 calories
4 captains wafers 70 calories
Crap dip 100 calories
Pepperidge Farms Petite cake slice 250 calories

Exercise:
3 Mile Mall walk
Old 09-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #135  
Trying to live below 200

Kris I bought this pancake mix the other day. I am also going to try to make some muffins for my husband with it. I will have to add some sweetener and other flavorings that are sugar free. It is high in protein. Here's a link where I posted about it in a different area of the forum. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diab...ncake-mix.html

Here's a link for their mini fruit loaves. I'm sure I can make it into muffins instead of a loaf.
http://www.maplegrove.com/recipes/nsa_fruit_mini.asp

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-04-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Closed Thread