Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 05:19 PM   #856  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
So, quick question...what are you guys doing for clothes? My jeans are starting to hang off me and I really don't have money to keep buying new clothes. As thrilled as I am to have this problem (*happy dance*), I still need to figure something out. What do you guys do? Just buy a belt? Let it be baggy? Splurge?
I am having this same problem. Most of my clothes are way too big (beyond wearable), most of the rest of my clothes are big, but I'm still wearing them, even though they look awful. I only have a few things that actually fit and that's because my niece gave me some size 14s out of her closet and I found a few things on the clearance rack. A couple of days ago a lady at work jokingly told me I needed to go shopping before I ended up flashing someone with my pants falling off. I told her #1 I don't really have the money and #2 I was trying to hold out until Christmas and will hopefully be closer to my goal. She laughed and said, "well, then I suggest you invest in some safety pins." I guess this week the weight loss has really started to show more because I've had several people mention it. Some of my stuff really does look awful, but luckily the office I work in I don't see clients very often. If I know a client is coming in I try to wear one of the few things that actually fit me. It's a fun dilemma, but still frustrating. My niece gave me a few pair of jeans and three pair of slacks, which helps a lot. I have only worn one pair of the slacks because I need to have the other two hemmed (they are way too long and I am 5' 7 1/2" - I guess my niece, who is shorter than me, just let them drag the ground).

Last edited by MamaP; 09-30-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:32 PM   #857  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Mine aren't that bad yet, just got a couple pairs of pants that are comfortable at first and then start falling off my arse by the end of the day . Still got plenty of flab up top to need the big shirts.
Do you know someone who's got a good hand with the sewing machine? I'm lucky b/c my mom is basically a trained seamstress and she's already volunteered to take in my pants when the time comes. Taking in the hip and length shouldn't be a bit deal, but I have a couple pairs of dress pants that were already a bit loose when I bought them (must have purchased them on a "fat day" ), so now they look awful in the bum area. It'll probably be a bigger deal getting that fixed, but it may be worth talking to a seamstress about it - it'll probably be cheaper than buying new pants.

Overall, it's like you said: A good problem to have, right?
Old 09-30-2010, 07:10 PM   #858  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Roxanne- I know part of my previous problem was eating even when I wasn’t hungry. I thought I needed a snack at each change in my day or just because I came home, or because my husband wanted a snack, or just because it was there. That is one of the reasons I do not do the 6 meals a day that people say to do. I limit myself to three meals and I do not eat in between. It is the only way I can control myself. How is the puppy doing?

Shellsbrood- hoping you have a great trip! Your clothing question… I had thought of suggesting a swap. We coordinate what size clothes everyone needs match up what sizes are available and all swap. We could all agree to fill a priority-mail box so it is all the same size and close to same postage and everyone would be even. What do you think?

Lauren - here is a quote to motivate:
"Continuous effort -- not strength or intelligence -- is the key to unlocking our potential." - Liane Cardes
Hope you are feeling better. Your tummy probably hurt b/c of work. Have you tried just telling the co-worker that her perfume bothers your allergies. I think bringing HR into the mix could make it more of a deal to your co-worker then if you had just one easy conversation.

Vixsin- Congrats on your new low! We MATCH! And thank you for the welcome and mmmmm pizza… I miss that too!

Dallas- I hope you can figure out your eating with that busy schedule of yours. I know that is something I struggle with too.

Raven- don’t change your ticker. Just get back to that spot REALLY fast!

Cinci- hope the job interview went well!

So I got my two classes done today and feel really good. Tomorrow will be hard because I am having a double session weight training. But, I like it so I look forward to it. I just need to get some stuff done in the afternoon and don't want to be too tired.

My husband is gone a and I am planning to have almost what I had for lunch... a morningstar veggie patty, 1/2 avocado and tomatoes and salad veggies. So easy and barely any clean up. My little one had spaghettios and the big one had oven baked nuggets. 3 different meals... at least it wasn't four!

Love,

Stacy
Old 09-30-2010, 07:10 PM   #859  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Kris ... see eventhough you didn't lose what you wanted you have done wonderfully inch wise. So it evened out, right?

Cinci it's great that your Mom is a seamstress. It cost $10 just to hem pants/jeans here, I can't even imagine what they'd charge to take them in.

OK here are my eats for the day ...

Breakfast (280)
n/s apple sauce, 3/4c skim, 1/4c 2%, plain nutri grain whole wheat waffle, V8 fusion light

Snack (160)
cup of grapes, cheese/cracker stick snack

Lunch (326)
salad w/ croutons, beets, light Caesar, albacore w/light mayo & relish

Snack (310)
Red Mango Pomegranate and Pumpkin Spice Frozen Yogurt (early afternoon snack) then later on Kashi heart to heart warm cinnamon cereal dry

Dinner (340)
L/C four cheese pizza

Total calories 1416
Water 101.4ozs
Exercise light housework

I said I would do better and I did. I had an easy peaceful day today.

Add a second 1/2 cup of pomegranate frozen yogurt Total calories today 1516

Last edited by love2b150; 09-30-2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: add yogurt and 100 calories
Old 09-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #860  
~Rennie

Stacy I like that idea ... can't wait to hear what everyone thinks. Your dinners sound like our house sometimes but mostly on Fridays when I want them to clean the fridge of all the leftovers for the week They like pot luck Fridays
Old 09-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #861  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! How are you doing tonight? Are you ready for the weekend and a new month?

It's the end/beginning of the month. I'm having a rough time keeping up with everyone's updates. I will probably be lost for the next week while I close out the monthly books at work.

Total Approx 1430 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (320 calories)
Earth Grains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
2 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 30 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy Mustard 0 Calories
Snack Pack of Sliced Apples 40 Calories
Oikos Yogurt 90 Calories

Dinner (745 Calories)
2 Grilled Mahi Taco's 600 Calories
Sauce 100 calories
1 Dove Dark Chocolate promise 45 calories

Exercise:
~TF Fire 60

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-30-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #862  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

I posted the new October thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...e-welcome.html

Stacygee Ten pounds is a great goal to have.

Kris Have you ever tried spaghetti squash? If so, do you prefer the spaghetti squash or the zucchini spaghetti?

Love I think you can get out of the 160's easily this month!

Roxanne Are you keeping the puppy? I would probably try to make room for one more. I love puppies. The only time I get light headed or dizzy is if I have been too long without eating.

Shellsbrood Great job on the .8 pounds! That's awesome! I only wear jeans. I but 3 pairs of jeans at a time and on sale. Sometime I can find a Buy One Get One Free sale. I don't get every size. I skip sizes. I wear them until they get too baggy. When I buy I new size, I normally get it snug, so I can stay in them longer.

Penguin Hi

Lauren I hear you on the long week and looking forward to the weekend! Sorry to hear about the perfume situation. That in itself can make you feel ill. Has anything else come about with this situation?

Vixsin You have a great goal for October! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Raven Your comment about the burger and fries not tasting as good as your thought it would be hit home with me. I have experienced that so many times. I literally tell myself that ahead of time, especially with sweets. I know it does not taste as good as it looks. It never does.

Blueridge I have felt that yucky feeling before, too. Not a good feeling.

Cincimini Hi
Old 09-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #863  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Kris ... see even though you didn't lose what you wanted you have done wonderfully inch wise. So it evened out, right?
I did lose quite a few inches this month (almost 7 inches - chest, waist, hips, stomach) and that's good - I wish I would have lost lbs. too, but we can't be greedy I have had 3 people at work and my son all say something this week about how they can really tell I'm losing weight, how thin I'm looking. Last week I took my mom to the doctor and passed my doctor, who I've not seen since since January, in the hallway and he was like "wow, I hardly recognized you." Then he went into the room with my mom and jokingly told her he thought I needed to put on some weight because I was getting too thin. It was obvious he was proud of me. He's been my doctor for over 11 years.

Last edited by MamaP; 10-01-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:25 PM   #864  
Dog Lover

S/C/G: H:226/215/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

*yawn" Getting sleepy, so I think I'll make this a quickie

Here was my day:
Pumpkin Pie shake
Mounds shake
Creole Chicken entree
Hot Chocolate shake
BBQ Chicken entree
Chocolate Cheesecake shake

PA: I ran out of time! I feel bad because I've been pretty faithful with my work outs. I ran errands and went grocery shopping this morning and then had students this afternoon. Now I'm sleepy, lol...
Old 09-30-2010, 09:34 PM   #865  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Diana ~ I don't necessarily have a preference. I like them both, but I like how fast and easy the zucchini is.

9-30-10

130+ ounces water
Zumba 20-minute express workout - still plan to do it one more time tonight

Breakfast:
Chocolate Oatmeal Protein Shake

Lunch:
Subway Roasted Chicken Breast Salad
String Cheese

Snack:
1/2 piece of pumpkin pie
Cream Cheese
Fiber One Bar

Dinner:
Zucchini spaghetti
Sliced Roast Beef with Provolone Cheese

Total calories approximately 1240 calories.

Last edited by MamaP; 09-30-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:39 PM   #866  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I know it's the last day of the month and we're about to start a new thread but I want to stop in and say hi! I haven't posted here in a few days, but I have been OP! Wednesday's official WI was down 1 lb to 158.9 so I'm right on track!

I'm sorry I got so behind with personals, work has been so busy getting ready for the end of the quarter (tomorrow), but I will catch up with everyone in the next thread. I hope you are all doing well!!
Old 09-30-2010, 10:50 PM   #867  
~Rennie

Diana thanks so much for believing in me, I am sure gonna put forth my best effort. Thank you That's 8lbs I need to lose ... not gonna change my ticker, hoping to see my low again ... hopefully soon I keep reading your Dijon mustard at lunch and keep saying I'm gonna get some but I keep forgetting, too many great things on here to remember

Kris, YOU ... I can't wait until you are in your dress and post the pictures. It feels so good to see yourself in something that you wouldn't have worn before, like that dress I tried on. I haven't been able to buy anything like that let alone even try on a dress like that in almost 2 decades. It's wonderful when others notice but when your doctor pays attention and comments, you know you have accomplished something. GREAT JOB

raven your meals were on point, don't feel bad. You're doing great, there is another chance tomorrow, rest well

Hi fashin great to see you congrats on the pound down

I went to pick my daughter up from work and had a 1/2 cup of Pomegranate frozen yogurt so my total calories today are 1516
Old 09-30-2010, 11:29 PM   #868  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

September 30,

coffee
PB + toast

Red Robin Med salad + bread
2 cookies

honey graham crackers

butternut squash soup
½ turkey sandwich
2 cookies.

Total =

Exercise
Ped =4,186
60 min cardio/weights

Weight,
Old 10-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #869  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

TGIF everyone! Hope everyone had a positive week...negative on the scale!

I didn't get a chance to post last night...here it goes! Yesterday went pretty well!
B- Cereal w/ milk 160
S- Apple 90
L- Soy chicken patty w/ bun and tiny bit of ketchup 270
S- Cup of soup (cream of chicken) love this for a 60 cal snack! I added a couple oyster crackers 80
D- Pasta 440
S- Mini Apple crisp cup 160

Walk 10 mins
Pilates 30 mins
Other 20 mins

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #870  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone! The New October Thread Has Been Started, See You Over There!

Last edited by L R K; 10-01-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Closed Thread