Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-01-2010, 02:50 AM   #16  
yes she khan

S/C/G: 186/181.6/150

Height: 5'7"

@Everlasting where in Spain are you going to be living?

I live in Spain, I was born here :-)

I think it will be easy to stay on plan if you have a plan. Otherwise, like everywhere else you can find lots of yummy not-that-good-for-you stuff...

Good news is, fresh food (meat, fish...) and fresh vegetables and fruit are MUCH much cheaper than in the US. So if you like to cook, you'll be fine! :-)
AnnaKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 155/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Seafood and Tapas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
Hm, I know most of you have been talking about Japan, but anyone live in or visit Spain? I'm going there for a short job for about 6 months from January to June and I'm a little bit nervous to keep on track. I know nothing about Spanish cuisine.
I visted Spain a few years ago for two weeks. At the time I was overweight (almost 180lbs) and I actually lost just over 10lbs while there. Granted I did a lot of walking, and I was a picky eater at the time, but the foods I did try, I enjoyed. I hightly suggest eating the seafood dishes. They're unique and I thought them to be low cal. There was actually a tomatoe and seafood bisque that I ate a lot of. If you find it, try it, its amazing.
I was also introduced to tapas as well. I know some peolpe say don't eat them if your watching your weight, but if you pick certain tappas with more vegetables and seafood, you should be fine. Fair warning, it is easy to go overboard. Because tappas are in smaller portions, its easier to get a little distracted on how much you eat. That's why its best to order several differnt plates when out with friends, or keep your tappas order limited to 2-3 differnt choices.
Have fun.
KattoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #18  

Default Creamy curries

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfishkitty View Post
I lost the weight I gained REALLY quickly.. in fact, I think the most of what I gained was water weight.... I was lucky. And yes, Indian food is TOTALLY confusing.... and I'm pretty suspicious that it hides a heck lot of carbs and extra calories in all those sauses!!!
That's good to hear. I need to drink more water. Especially with this heat.

Also, I watched aprogram from the BBC showing that Indian curries in Britian are made with LOTS of high-fat and heavy creams. (There's your added cholesterol for the day). Its said, "if you like to eat curry, try eating the dry. Its lower in fat and in calaories". I have yet to try it, since the creamy ones are so good, but I will....sooner or later. But since I haven't been in a month, I don't know when I'll go back again. They always serve so much food. Its really filling isn't it.
So, I don't know if what I saw on the BBC is true in ALL Indian curries, but I would guess its pretty close, if not the same.
Either way, they're still good!
Old 09-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #19  

How is everyone holding up? I've started 30DS and C25K while I'm out here. It's been going pretty good and the forums have kept me accountable
Meeky2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:43 AM   #20  
yes she khan

S/C/G: 186/181.6/150

Height: 5'7"

@Meeky I'm doing the 30DS too, in fact today is day 30!!

I'm going to try Jillian's Slim Down next (combines all her videos in a schedule)

I was thinking maybe next try the C25K, when the weather gets cooler here

(I am overweight but not technically overseas as this is where I'm from but I gues to most people I'm overseas so I'll post in this thread if you don't mind! :-P )
AnnaKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:40 PM   #21  

@AnnaKhan Of course you can post here Congrats on finishing the 30DS! I'm on like day 6 of level one now, so I have a ways to go but I see the light lol. I was going to do her slimdown first but decided to conquer the shred before I tried. Her other videos are hellish! I did Yoga Meltdown on my non-run day and I was dripping!
Meeky2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:07 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

See I find it easier to lose weight abroad then I do at home! Or maybe it is because Hungary is lacking in fast food?! I was home for a month and gained ten lbs! I find that when I'm home in America I tend to eat out more and eat unhealthy when I'm in the house.

Now I won't say that losing weight abroad isn't a struggle, because it is! In this part of Europe they leave Nutritional labeling off most foods, so unless it was imported into this country I have to guess at calories and that is never fun! But I try to make an effort at losing weight. If I didn't force myself to make the effort then I no doubt would be at a stall. The one thing about exercise for me abroad is anytime I have to go somewhere I get in exercise. Before the only exercise I got was walking to and from my car, now I have to walk to and from anywhere I need to go!
xMeaganx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:32 AM   #23  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Where in Japan are you? I've been very successful here eating all whole foods and avoiding carbs (le sigh I miss rice). Best of luck to you!

There are a lot of wonderful fresh options in the market.

Last edited by ValRock; 09-13-2010 at 06:34 AM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:13 AM   #24  

I'm in Aichi. How about you?

And I'm actually going on the carb free diet this week. I'm hoping I'll loose some weight faster this way. It will be tough, but I'm going to try.