3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I said NO - was it appropriate or extreme? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/211043-i-said-no-appropriate-extreme.html)

rockinrobin 08-27-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons77 (Post 3456118)
I'd have drooled sitting there.

Well, that's the thing, there comes a point where that kind of food is no longer all that appealing. It's not that tempting. Your tastes changes. Your wants change.

ncuneo 08-28-2010 09:39 AM

Exactly Robin. I really genuinely didn't want the food, it didn't sound appealing at all. Now if they'd all been sitting around eating chocolate chip cookies, that may have been a different story depending on the time of month ;) I still have a raging sweet tooth 50% of the time, but I deal.

The only part that was akward was sitting there while everyone else was eating. But really I think it was more akward for me, I don't think anyone even cared.

rockinrobin 08-28-2010 09:58 AM

Exactly ncuneo. Fast food - even *better* fast food (as this place sounds like) - not so appealing. Pretty *easy* resisting.

Really good cheesecake or home baked goods - another story completely. I find that QUITE appealing. But I too deal - sometimes I deal VERY well - other times not so much ;).

Quote:

The only part that was akward was sitting there while everyone else was eating. But really I think it was more akward for me, I don't think anyone even cared.
Yes, I'm sure it was more on your mind then theirs.

Just wondering though, did you at least have a drink?

losermom 08-28-2010 10:09 AM

Definitely NOT extreme and definitely appropriate! I did the same thing just last week. I had a really yummy ww wrap and watermelon packed for my lunch. My co-workers invited me to an Italian buffet. I declined because it didn't sound very good to me, but I gave the excuse that I didn't want to spend the $ because DH is still unemployed.

ncuneo 08-28-2010 10:15 AM

No I didn't have a drink, they only had soda and I rarely drink soda anymore. Just not a soda fan, not even diet. Plus I drink so much water as it is and pee ALL the time, sorry TMI, that I try not add unnecessary liquid to my day for the sake of my blatter:) no, I just sat there and engaged in great conversation. The funniest part was they messed up the order and gave us an extra burger! So as if saying no the first time wasn't good enough "someone" was testing me, are you sure you've really changed your lifestyle and don't want this burger? Nope I sure don't! We gave it to someone back at the office later:)

Hyacinth 08-28-2010 10:31 AM

Wow, refusing the extra burger was twice as impressive!

With the economy the way it is, many of my coworkers bring their own meals but will still join for the social aspects when we dine out. Nobody bats an eye.

I had a friend in town who went out to dinner with a group of us, and she didn't eat anything. She'd already eaten, but the plans were impromptu and she wanted to join for social reasons. She's also a former overweight person.

Suzanne 3FC 08-28-2010 09:54 PM

I have to agree, you did the right thing!

I love what Amanda said about going off plan only if she really wants something, and not because it's what someone else wants her to do. I think I won't hesitate to say those exact words the next time someone says "just a little won't hurt" :yes:

sept15lija 08-29-2010 12:58 PM

I think you did great and it was completely appropriate! I would have done the same thing....one patty wrapped in lettuce would not be enough for me either, especially if I had a meal waiting for me that I was no doubt looking forward to!

buttons77 08-30-2010 03:06 PM

I'm jealous of all of you who say you don't want it - I've NEVER gotten to that point. Even with how cruddy I feel after eating the junk, I have ALWAYS wanted it in some way. It gets LESS - but never to the point of thinking "yuck." About any of it. Even at goal, maintaining goal, etc. Maybe some day.....LOL!

AZ Sunrises 09-01-2010 09:28 PM

Congrats!

I wouldn't have said "no" to In and Out. :D I'd have gone for a double-double, protein style and chowed down...and walked a little extra that evening. I'm addicted to that place.