Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Ugh. Frustrated.

In my past attempts to lose weight I would consistently lose about 1/2 a pound every day or two. I'm following the same plan now, and my weight loss is going in fits and starts. It started coming off consistently, but for last two weeks it hasn't. It would get stuck at one number for a couple of days, drop a pound or two, maybe go up a little bit, then drop a pound or two after being stuck for a couple days.

Well, this time I've been stuck at the exact same weight (to the tenth of a pound) for FOUR days. I've been exercising every single day and eating really well, varying the calories consumed every day. I'm so frustrated. I know that this means I'll probably hop on the scale one morning and have a pound or two loss, but it's driving me nuts!
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #2  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

I FEEL your frustration as you just described what is going on with me to a T. It has not been a good morning for me but I can tell you that tomorrow is a new day. Stick to your guns, eating right and exercising. This can't last forever
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

I've had that, the same-down-to-the-tenth for days in a row. Isn't it funny, considering all the variables involved?

But it is totally normal to go up, down, and all around. There's hormones, sodium, water retention in sore muscles, etc, all complicating the simple formula of "calories in, calories out."

Don't fret -- your whoosh! is coming!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #4  

Thanks, guys. Fortunately, I haven't felt discouraged or a desire to binge b/c of it. I'm having faith in science this time, go figure. I hope tomorrow I see some downward movement though!
Old 08-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #5  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I figure if I'm going to weigh every day, I'm going to throw it into a spreadsheet so I can track it. It's a very short step to setting up a formula that will average the last seven days' worth of weights. So my "daily" weight would be an average of what I weighed over the last seven days.

That REALLY smooths out the water- and hormone-related ups and downs of daily weighing. The numbers slowly but surely get smaller and smaller, even if I have a couple days staying the same, or a couple days of spiking up.

I think it gives you a better overall look at your progress, if you insist on weighing daily.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #6  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
I figure if I'm going to weigh every day, I'm going to throw it into a spreadsheet so I can track it. It's a very short step to setting up a formula that will average the last seven days' worth of weights. So my "daily" weight would be an average of what I weighed over the last seven days.

That REALLY smooths out the water- and hormone-related ups and downs of daily weighing. The numbers slowly but surely get smaller and smaller, even if I have a couple days staying the same, or a couple days of spiking up.

I think it gives you a better overall look at your progress, if you insist on weighing daily.
I do this too. It's a WONDERFUL option for daily weighers, because you do get to see a consistent downward trend (usually). I highly recommend it.
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #7  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

patience is key to weight loss, i always say. It doesn't come off as quickly as it came on, so just know your doing something good for your body and that the weight is coming off slowly, but slow and steady win the race.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #8  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Get used to it! I was the same way at first and have been through pretty much every pattern of weight loss imaginable. My current pattern is that I only loss two weeks out of the entire month. Seems to be cycle related. You have a good attitude though, just stick with it! Don't panic until you've gone 3-4 weeks with no loss.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #9  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I've been at 142 for a couple weeks now. Talk
about no flexibility whatsoever. I can't go below 141
for the love of me!
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:13 AM   #10  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Oh, I know this feeling. My weight is doing similar things. I'll drop a half pound a day, then stall out. My doc changes something on my thyroid treatment and I gain 5 lbs in a week! Then I stall out again...then two weeks later start losing again. Argh.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

My boyfriend had a great quote the other day. When I was frustrated with the speed (or lack there of) of the amount of weight coming off he said, "You're not trying to make weight for a wrestling match! You're commited to a healthier life, and that's what is important."
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #12  

Thanks, all! It helps so much to know others can relate.

Synger, that's a great idea. I think I'm going to use it.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 182/156/135

Height: 5'2

You could wait it out or you could trick your body just so that you can see a quick drop. You keep doing the same thing, eating the same way, and eventually your body becomes used to the routine. I know some people would prefer to wait it out. I personally just don't believe in slow weight loss. When my body is fighting me, I fight back. Here are some ways that I've tricked my body out of an unusual stall

Eat only meat for a day
Fast the entire day
Eat at Breakfast OR Lunch and then just drink water and zero calorie drinks.
CarbsAreEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:39 AM   #14  

Finally! I didn't get the huge whoosh I was hoping for, but I won't complain about a 0.8 lb weight loss.

Thanks!!