Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #1  
Lori

S/C/G: 280/280/180

Height: 5'7"

Default today is the first day

Hey everyone,

Well today is the day that I stop drinking soda pop and coffee and sticking with water and juicy juice (if i need the sweet taste). My girls and I woke up around 7:30 am, ate breakfast and went for a 1.5 mile walk (not sure if it wasn't quite 2 miles though). We are now trying to figure out what dinner will be.

After dinner today, we have plans on getting school supplies for my 2nd grader then a movie night and sleepover in the living room.

Food is a problem for me as I am a very emtional eater and would really like to just sit down and eat whatever we have for whatever reason (as I have found any reason to eat). My girls are much better at not following my footsteps plus I don't allow them to eat and do what I do. I am finding myself very excited to sign on in the morning or afternoon and evening and see whatever everyone else has posted. I am also finding out that there is no right or wrong thing to post, whatever you need to keep motivated.

I know these next few days are going to be rough for me for the fact that I won't be having soda or coffee so I am trying to prepare myself for the aweful headache that will be coming.

My husband does not know that I have joined this website but I am hoping to keep the words of encouragement coming so then I can let him know that I do need the support versus the sabbotage.

Well off to the store to get something for dinner today for the girls. Thanks everyone. I look forward to more threads to keep my encouraged.
lori8809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/323/165

Height: 5'11

Hi Lori,

Congratulations on taking the step of joining this wonderful online community. It's incredible just how caring, and supportive the users on this forum are. If you're having a bad day, they'll do everything in their power to make you feel better. They'll give you advice, and a shoulder to lean on. I love it here, and I'm sure you will too. You can do this! We can!

Today is also my first day off of soda, and onto water. Soda is one of my weakest points, so I know I can do this! And I know you can too!

I look forward to seeing your posts in the future.

Stacey

Last edited by lostinstaticx; 08-10-2010 at 12:30 PM.
lostinstaticx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Good for you! I gave up pop nine months ago! I've had about two sips since then and this former pop addict found it to be really "spicy" as my children used to say. I missed in the beginning and you will find many early posts of mine attesting to that fact. But now I don't miss it even a little bit. Pop was a trigger for me and used to lead other bad foods.

I love your enthusiasm for posting. You might check out the 100 post club for truly "anything goes posts" too. It seems like everything and anything is about losing 100 pounds!! The place is for people who have a lot to lose and all the issues that end up wrapped into that. It's a very supportive place.

Last edited by Eliana; 08-10-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #5  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Welcome Lori!!!! We're glad to have you here!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

hi! i guess we should be welcoming each other lol

I admire you for giving up soda, and I have heard that people who have done so have dropped 10-15 lbs right away just by giving up soda.
The coffee, i can't do without, i need it every morning or I just don't feel energized. I use 1/2 and 1/2 not much, just a little and sweet and low to sweeten it, it's my one daily indulgence )
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #7  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

I was a hard core Pepsi addict for years and years. I gave it up four years ago and haven't missed it at all. I refuse to by soda for the house, so that I have to drink water. I will occasionally have a diet soda when eating out, but even then often opt for water.

Coffee is another matter. I can't ever see myself giving that up.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote