3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Frustrated (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/208869-frustrated.html)

chemicalksm 08-02-2010 11:46 AM

Frustrated

So, the scale this morning said 150.8. AHHH! :stress:

I've been slacking on my weight loss. Of course that's no one's fault but my own. My mom broke her ankle recently, and so many of her friends have been bringing homemade delicious dinners to our house as some kind of consolation. The thing is, though, that my mom never cooks. My brother and I were raised on frozen food. So it's been SO difficult to resist! I haven't been able to :(

The thing is, though, that I weighed myself a couple days ago and I was 145. I know it's possible to fluctuate as much as 5 lbs. in a day, because that used to happen to me in high school. But 150.8 is the highest I have EVER WEIGHED! What have I done to myself?! Now I have even further to go than I did before! :cry:

How much has your weight fluctuated in a day?

I will continue to push forward on my weight loss journey-- I know that this scale # is not the end of the world. It is still upsetting though!

I know I've gained some weight, which is awful since I'm supposed to be losing, but I didn't think I'd gained 5 lbs. I consider myself to have a pretty good grasp on how many calories various foods have, and I didn't think I took in 5 lbs. worth of calories within just a few days. *sigh*

Thanks for letting me rant :)

Petite Powerhouse 08-02-2010 11:52 AM

I think the most the scale has gone up for me in one day is 5.6 pounds. It happens. I do understand your feelings about seeing a new high, however, even if it is largely a result of water weight. Maybe you can use those feelings to turn things around for yourself. Tell yourself you don't ever want to feel that way again and let today be the day you start moving in the right direction again. And, if you get back on track now, a lot of that weight will fall off quickly. You did not gain six pounds in a couple of days.

Danielle2842 08-02-2010 12:28 PM

I agree- you definitely didn't gain 6 lbs. of "real" weight in a few days. I'm sure a bit of it is water weight, but a few of those pounds very well could be from overindulging a little too much.

No worries, though! Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back in the game! Try restricting your calories a little more for the next few days and add in a little more exercise. You'll drop the extra pounds and will be back on plan in no time. Just don't let this little slip up depress you into slacking on your plan. Get back at it! You can do it! :-)

doingmybest 08-02-2010 12:58 PM

If possible, try not to beat yourself up. :hug: Some of the eating may be due to the stress of your mom being injured and your routine being disrupted - plus all of that food around you is really tough to pass up.

I hosted a brunch at my house yesterday and my DH went out and bought a bunch of pastries for it! It was driving me crazy! :dizzy: After offering the pastries to my guests, I wrapped them up and put them out of sight. Today I brought them into the office and placed them far away from my desk while offering them to everyone else in the office.

Is there any way to wrap it up the food in separate small portion packages in your house and put it away somewhere until it's time for a meal? Or freeze some it?

I feel your pain. I know it's difficult. Hang in there.

chemicalksm 08-02-2010 03:09 PM

Thanks to all of you!