Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-01-2010, 07:36 AM   #1  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Default Goal Photos

Okay so for the past month I have been browsing through all the goal photos here and first off I want to give a big ole KUDOS to all of you who have met or are meeting your goals, your photos are AMAZING and also kudos to those who are doing it but not posting photos.

Okay so I have thought should I take a photo of myself now so there will be an after photo and I think to myself NO WAY JOSE!

The reason is because when I reach my goals all i still see in my photos is the fat, short dumpy oompaloompa...Waaaaayyy back in 1996 I got my weight down to 119 and I shot a photo of myself then. I recently pulled that photo out and while I can see a difference, (I was 14 yrs younger difference), it still is not good enough, all I can see if more weight to lose, hips that go from one end of the county to the other and don't get me started on my face..

So I guess my goal is not to be able to look at a photo and say "yeah I look awesome" but a goal of "whew, I can fit into my jeans, I feel comfortable in my skin and I can bend over to tie my shoes" kind of goal...

So I want to know where you all get the confidence to post your photos of yourselves? and can you please bottle some up for me and ship it FEDEX
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #2  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Focus on the positives of yourself right now and the fact that you are taking a HUGE step in accepting what you don't like and doing what you need to do to change it.
THAT is an incredible testament to inner strength and you should be proud of your self!
Give your self a pat on the back . . . I'll give you one too!!
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

But when you look at a picture of yourself from before with a new picture, THAT is what will put your new body into perspective.

I think if you truly are seeing yourself as still large when you're small, you should consider seeing a therapist to help smooth out some of those issues so you can start feeling better about yourself.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

i think photos are the most realistic way to see how far you have come. Don't miss the chance to get a pictorial of your hard work. Take a before pic now...and let it also motivate you--not depress you. i take monthly photos. And try to show progress such as starting to be able to fit into something i want to wear.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #5  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Thanks ya'll, well being in front of the camera has never been my strong point, I always was the one taking the photos. After some thought I believe as long as I feel comfortable in my skin and my clothes are fitting better than I will feel fine. I don't think I will need photos to give me the boost to keep moving forward, I think the numbers on the scale do that. I fear if I did take photos of myself then i would get depressed
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote