Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #91  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome Marci!
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #92  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Kris - You look fab! I am the same, I always need approval before I purchase something so I never shop alone, my SO is always with me.

love2b150 - Thanks for the encouragement, it is a little frustrating but I won't let it discourage me! My body is just playing with me to see if I give up, but I won't! And yes, we are going vegan throughout the day so no eggs, dairy will be limited to soy milk and soy yoghurt etc

Marci - Welcome to the thread! Best of Luck!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #93  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

LOL Lauren, you know it's not a little frustrating, it's A LOT frustrating. I literally would have given up if it weren't for the encouragement here. I knew I was doing everything that I was supposed to do and it is definitely a big deal to me not to eat all day and actually get off my listless behind and do any kind of exercise. Two of the places that we've lived I could walk to the 7-11 in about 20-30 minutes and both places I drove. It wasn't even worth the gas to go there but lazy me wouldn't walk. Now I look forward to my walks so it was very very frustrating for the scale not to move for a week Gosh I've come a long way. But now I also know that I need to switch things up every now and then. I am starting not to like eggs any way so I could probably give that up, cheese is starting to bother me also not sure what is it exactly about it. I think it's just the taste and the sodium. I like milk though, but I could sure do without chicken and deli meat. I'm talking myself into a new way of eating. hmmm Thanks Lauren for new ideas
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:29 PM   #94  
CanadianVeggie

love2b150 - haha you are right it is definitely more than a little frustrating Another reason I am giving up dairy is because I have a lot allergies and apparently dairy only makes them worse. I am hoping that I see a big change in that dept. I take allergy medicine every day so if I could stop taking that daily I would be one happy camper!

Last edited by L R K; 08-04-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

You guys are doing fine...keep it up...I'm loving this thread its helping me although...I went out to dinner as I said earlier, salmon was off the menu so I had a grilled chicken burger (one breast) with no dressing and about ten medium sized chips. I had about 600-800 cals left for the day and now I'm really worried I have over done it :'( I didn't eat it all, but still, I will try and burn a lot at the gym tomorrow...
Sad now :'(
abidabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:34 PM   #96  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I went to the Endo today for a follow up about my Thyroid. My dosage is changing very slightly. I will keep the same dosage M-F but Sat/Sun will go down only 12 mcg. She is really impressed with my weight loss and thinks I am doing great. I really thought my dosage would change considerably considering my weight loss. Also, I thought my TTOM issues were because my thyroid meds were too high. That's obviously not the issue. I guess it does have to do with a hormonal imbalance from the weight loss. It looks like that has been corrected with a Progesterone cream anyways. Let's hope.

Marci Hi and Welcome!

Kris I think you look great!

Total Approx 1525 Calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber english muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (360 calories + swipe mayo)
EarthGrains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
4 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 60 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Swipe Kraft Horshradish Dijon Mayonaise (less calories than regular mayo)
Sliced Apples 40 Calories
Cape cod reduced fat chips 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
2 Grilled Mahi Tacos 600 Calories
Sauce 100 Calories
5 Hershey's Kisses 100 calories (they are finally gone! )

Exercise:
~Exercise TV Standing Abs
~Exercise TV Quick & Incredible Abs
~Cardio & Core Dance Blast w/Fitstix
~TF Fire 45 EZ
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:43 PM   #97  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

It's amazing to have people say I look great . . . thank you. It makes me feel good. I have a long way to go, but I am starting to feel good about the way I look.

8-4-10

60+ ounces water
1/2 mile walk before work

Breakfast:
Protein Shake

Snack:
Herbalife Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Snack Bar (made by the Herbalife lady)

Lunch:
Baked Beans (about 1/4 cup or less)
Cole Slaw (about 1/4 cup or less)
Baked Chicken Thigh
BBQ Pork

Snack:
McDonald's Ice Cream Cone

Dinner:
Grilled Bratwurst
Watermelon & grapes
Plain Greek Yogurt (I wasn't that impressed so only ate about a third of it)

Total approximately 1390 calories.

Last edited by MamaP; 08-04-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #98  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Kris I always wear jeans, T-shirts, and athletic shoes because of the type of work we are in. Last night after DH and I ate, I went to Marshalls to look around. I didn't want to buy anything, but I did want to try on a few things just to see what I look like. I know that probably sounds weird, but I don't have any nice clothes that fit me. I took a couple dresses into the dressing room to try on. These dresses are not my style. I wanted to try something totally different than what I would normally wear. I was amazed at how femimine I look. My shoulders/neck area are really nice. It's amazing how new and different clothes can make you feel.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #99  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Diana ~ I have always been a jeans and t-shirt kind of person. Sometimes it feels good to step outside of our comfort zone. I'm glad you tried on some different types of things. I work in an office that is business casual, my idea of business casual is very casual ~ it's hard to want to spend the money and effort on nice clothes when you weigh 280 lbs. Until I started losing weigh, I rarely, if ever, wore dresses. I am a basic slacks and pullover cotton (almost t-shirt material) type of tops and flats (not a fan of heels). I "dress up" so rarely that a couple of times when I had nicer clothes on, my boss asked me if I had a job interview or something. I totally understand the going to try on clothes just to see - the two outfits I bought this week (that I really couldn't afford) weren't planned purchases, I was just trying them on to see if they would fit and how they would look. It's amazing how good it felt and with the "mood" I've been fighting lately I decided to buy. Most everything else I have is getting so big that I was feeling frumpy and feel like I'm hiding my weightloss. I got a lot of looks today at work, at the grocery store, etc. Don't know if it's because I felt better and people noticed that or what. I can't wait to get the rest of this weight off (45-50 more lbs) and really start enjoying this life.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #100  
Just Getting Started

S/C/G: 337/337/175

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone. I didn't get a chance to post yesterday because I had an insanely busy day at work and when I got home I was so completely tired I slept the rest of the day away. Had a pretty good day today. Was a little high on the calories but I kicked up the intensity on my workout just a little to compensate.

Breakfast - 260
Apple cinnamon oatmeal

Lunch - 460
Birdseye southwestern style rice

Snacks through the day - ~700
Tuna sandwich (450)
Bean and cheese burrito (250)

Dinner - 610
Ramen with 2 baked chicken legs

Total calories: about 2030
Exercise: 40 minute treadmill @ 3mph with 2% incline
natrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:23 PM   #101  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

August 4,

2 Iced coffee 100
peach 50
Grilled cheese 380
=530

3 Iced coffee

4 cups Veggie Mac and Cheese 550
2 Coconut Bark 400
choc syrup 45
= 995

Total = 1,670

Exercise
Ped = 2,347

Weight,

I think I did something wrong when I cooked the new to me chicken stew last night. Hubby and I didn't feel well all day today, he stayed home from work and we slept late than hung out of the couch.

Welcome, Abidabbi, Madrikh, Willsmom.

Diana, glad to hear your good news from the Endo.

Madrikh, I read the Beck book and got a lot of help with it. Did you see the Beck forum here at Chicks?
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:36 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone and welcome to the new people too
Feeling a bit better this morning as I have worked out how to fit in the gym today (as in sneak it in in the middle of work)...!
I have holidays booked for the end of August, I'm really excited as it means I can go on a real exercise binge! I'm loving the gym but also want to fit in some walking and maybe try a little running (I have big front bumps so haven't really gotten into it before)...

So far today just breakfast - toast and tea and trying to think positive thoughts

x x x x
abidabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:26 AM   #103  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Welcome Marci, abidabbi & WillsMom

MamaP, Yes you do look great and your outfit is very cute!

So far so good with me.

Here is my plan for the day:

B - Grits w/lf cheese, 2 slices RF bacon, coffee
S- Grapes, banana, Skim latte
L - TBD (will eat out after my class is over at 1)
D - FF Bean Burito, salad, WW Ice cream sandwich
Exercise - FIRM Video

Have a great day everyone
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #104  
for my family...

S/C/G: 210/188.2/160

Height: 5'5" age~ 39

I had a few more calories than usual yesterday. By dinner time I had to drive my daughter and granddaughter to my mom so she can visit for the week and I was so hungry I gave in to my temptations and had fast food but stayed on the lighter side. Im ok with it though. In the past I have ended diets from being so hungry and depriving myself if I really really want it. Not a set back.. the scale didnt move but I enjoyed my dinner so its ok
And I didnt exceed my BMR or RMR.. here it is
Yesterdays menu:

Breakfast:310
Turkey bacon bowl
2 pc wheat bread with spray butter

Snack:125
V8 juice 1 slice wheat bread and turkey lunchmeat (dry)

Lunch: 260
bowl salad (Smokehouse BBq ranch chicken) I didnt really like it so it didnt satisfy my hunger

Snack: 185
2 pc wheat bread lettuce, tomato, onions, mustard and honey ham
(I ate this because I was so hungry I guess from not liking the salad)

Dinner:650
Chika-fila grilled chicken sandwich and sm waffle fries
TOTAL: 1530
only about 32oz of water..Ill do better today!!!
jensmith72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:31 AM   #105  
CanadianVeggie

Diana - Glad your visit to the doctor went well! Great news!

abidabbi - Don't be sad, life sometimes happens You just have to make do with what you have! Make those 600 - 800 cals work! Keep up that positive attitude!

Natrice - Well done on that super day

Penguin- I hope you are feeling better!

GettinFit - Your day looks good, keep it up

jensmith - Great job on making the best food choice, I think you did well considering the situation