Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-31-2010, 01:37 AM   #751  
nightcrawler

S/C/G: 227/214/140

Height: 5'5"

i am still trying to finish the pizza i made from a few days back..i just made too much, but i guess it's a good thing, since i haven't had to cook these past few days..

this past saturday, we had a greek food festival here in town, and i had a lamb gyro..yes, i had meat..lamb is one of the few things i haven't had in a long while, and the greek food festival was in town..so i splurged on one lamb gyro..(pita bread, lamb, lettuce and the tzaziki (sp?)..i took out the tomatoes). they had the dolmas (grape leaves stuffed with rice). i didn't get that since i can make that easily at home (with rice and beans..or lentils..i used to make them with ground beef). but the gyro was so delicious.

i have been snacking on fruits we have here at home-bananas, apples, grapes, and strawberries.

still got some pizza left in the fridge, but that will be gone by tomorrow. so by the time my husband gets home, i should have some spinach enchiladas ready.

i had these really bad cramps this past saturday, i couldn't stand, walk, or do anything for that matter. i felt nauseated, and almost missed the greek fest. popped two aleve, waited about 4 hours, nothing. so i took two more, and that did it. then we stepped out of the house and it was pouring out there! but neither cramps nor heavy rain will deter me from getting a gyro..

and that's when i had my epiphany-i gotta exercise more. it seems that when i exercise, i don't get the cramps. hmm..

i am just dehydrating some snacks for the week (thanks to the dehydrator that has been sitting in the pantry for the past 6 months)..dried apples and bananas..mmmm..they are almost done..then i am gonna try and dehydrate some strawberries..but that will have to wait till tomorrow so i can keep a better eye on them..

now, i am just not sure how many calories i consumed..husband upgraded the android and now all my apps have been deleted, some are no longer compatible with the new phone version..but i will get working on it as soon as i get them all back.

Last edited by wikidsnyper; 08-31-2010 at 01:39 AM.
wikidsnyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:24 AM   #752  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi all...

Been MIA for a bit but doing fine quietly in the background. Back at work today so my food diary will be looking better, even though its not been too bad. Not been gyming either because I needed a rest but will be back to it this week. Weigh in this morning was ok, not gained but not lost enough to count it, pleased I can maintain though...here's for the September Accountability Thread so I can kick-start again! xxx

Welcome MissVick
abidabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:22 AM   #753  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning Everyone! Waving Hi to all!

Raven Very interesting, indeed! I think I would have went home, too.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:35 AM   #754  

BTW...Congrats to Jen and Diana!!!!
xxx
Old 08-31-2010, 07:36 AM   #755  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

abidabbi Hi Thank you. I hope you have a great day!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:24 AM   #756  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

MissVick - Yeh, Olive Oil has a lot of cals. but it is good fat so as long as you include it in your daily plan it is doing you good But it is surprising eh

Jer - Well done, a 2lbs loss, that's awesome

Raven - Wow, that is a pretty good sign from up above, glad you made the right choices

Wysteria, Diana & love2b150 - Hi

Wikid - Exercise really does help with cramps, all I have to do is take a short walk and I always feel better

abidabbi - We've missed you! Glad to see you back this week!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:31 AM   #757  

I missed you all too
xx
Old 08-31-2010, 09:34 AM   #758  
CanadianVeggie

Hellooooooo Everyone

Ok so this morning I weighed in and back down to 197.7lbs. I am going to be so so so good this week, right OP, so when I weigh in again on Sat morning I will see that magical number of 196 *fingers crossed*

A few hurdles to jump over this week. Going out with the SO's soccer team after the game tonight - which means bar food and beer. I have decided I am not going to have a beer like I usually would, I just don't need it and I am going to order the healthiest thing I can find on the menu, hopefully a big garden salad. And it is a long weekend here in Canada - we have a birthday party bbq to go to and no doubt we will be eating out a lot so I need to make the best chocies I can of those days too.

I really would like to finally get past 197!

Here is my plan for the day 8/31/2010

B - 2 slices WW multigrain bread w/ natural peanut butter + 1 choc. soy pudding + 1 apple

S - 15 raw almonds + 1 cup green beans

L - Homemade veggie chilli w/ rice + 1 cup mixed veggies

S - 1 peach

S - Kashi granola bar (to tie me over until dinner after soccer)

D - Not sure - but I am hoping for a salad

Drinking: 1 morning coffee + at least 2 cups green tea + 2L water + 1 diet pepsi

No Exercise today

Have a happy, healthy and OP day

Last edited by L R K; 08-31-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:06 AM   #759  
CanadianVeggie

Diana - Ready for next month!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #760  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Raven , good story, thanks for sharing.

August 30,

coffee 100

½ turkey sand
tomato + feta 50
pot salad 140

chicken 300
collard greens 100
tomato + asiago 50

cookies 400

spa squash 80
squash casserole 180

cookie 140

Total = 1,570

Exercise
Ped = 10,161

Weight,
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:16 AM   #761  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!!

Lauren: that sounds like a great plan for after the game tonite!!! : sending them to you so that you can stick to it.

Abidabbi: Glad you made it back. Missed ya! Glad you're still doing so great!

Raven: Your story cracked me up! I would have gone home too. Way to make the right choice on that!

MissVick: I love me some Olive Oil! It does bite that it has so many cals, but I am an avid drizzler when I'm cooking. I just barely put enough in my pan to coat the bottom of it when I'm doing stir fry and I just put a little tiny bit in a pan when I am baking my meats. I just love the taste and how it really adds to the flavor of what I am cooking.

Wikid: I just want to give you a I hate cramps too! I am riddled with them today! And per Lauren's post, I am going to take a walk this afternoon in hopes of relaxing them a little.

Love2b: Cartwheels can't even come close to the happy dancing I am doing! I love that my eating plan and weight loss journey are all coming together. It is such a great feeling to see the number on that scale changing for the better.

Jer: Welcome Home!! Nice work on that 2 pounds!! yay for you!!!

And as for me, I am up .6 today because TOM is here. Grr!!!!!! Whatever. I am going to stay right on plan and I am going to make sure to get my water in so that I can flush him out of my life for another 28 days.

We really had a great month! I am CERTAIN that September is going to be just as great for us all!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:36 AM   #762  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Yesterdays food:

Breakfast: hot cereal with flaxseed and soy; 1/2 cup cranberry juice
postworkout: 1 scoop whey and 1 cup skim milk
snack: 7 whole grain crackers
Lunch: crumbles on a whole wheat bun; 1/2 cup cottage cheese; 1 cup red grapes
snack: 1/2 cup light yogurt; 1 golden delicious apple
supper: 2 corndogs

Calories: 1400
water: 10 glasses
exercise: 30 min recumberant bike; 20 min pilates; 1 hour upper body
dream710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:45 AM   #763  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good Morning Everyone

You all are doing so good!

My day is going pretty good too. I did a 3.25 mile walk this morning and my eating has been good today. I need to work on drinking more water though.

Today's Journal: (Total Calories = 1496)
B: banana, 1 string cheese, watermelon, skim latte (skim milk, General Foods International Suisse Mocha)
L: Subway veggie sub, 2 dark chocs
D: Grilled fish, salad w/light ranch dressing, 1 3 Musketeer Fun size Mint bar
S: orange, almonds, coffe w/flav creamer
Exercise: Walked 3.25 miles

Last edited by GettinFit; 08-31-2010 at 06:56 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #764  
CanadianVeggie

Penguin, Dream & GettinFit - Hi

Vixsin - Thanks! I will take as many good vibes as you can throw at me! And grrr at evil TOM! 0.6 isn't so bad, make sure you keep your water intake up and you'll be fine
Old 08-31-2010, 01:10 PM   #765  

Good morning everyone!

I've been away for several days so won't get a chance to catch up on all the posts. But I did want to let y'all know I had a great mini-vacation to Virginia Beach and I think I did pretty well with my eating while I was there. Here's the low-down:

SUNDAY:

breakfast (at home): 1 serving (yes, I measured) homemade whole grain pancakes (from an organic, no sugar mix) topped with natural peanut butter. 1 glass skim milk.

snack (before getting on the road): some triscuits (whole grain, but I didn't pair any protein with this carb)

lunch: (at a Mexican restaurant in VA Beach) I split an order of chicken and shrimp fajitas (with peppers, onions, tomato) with my sweetie - I skipped the rice (already had tortillas for my carb) but had the beans and guacamole, and had water to drink. I ate more chips and salsa than I should have, though.

dinner: 2 glasses red wine, and a Thai wrap sandwich with grilled chicken, onion, cabbage, carrots with a spicy sauce. It was served with a bag of potato chips, but a small one with less than 200 calories. Nice light dinner. Chicken twice in one day which is weird for me, but it seemed like the best option on the menu.

MONDAY:

breakfast (at an outdoor cafe, overlooking the beach, smelling salt air!) coffee with one 1/2 and 1/2, short stack of pancakes (2 medium size) with pecans (for protein) and blueberries (fruit and antioxidant) and ordered 1 egg scrambled for more protein. No butter or syrup, water to drink. Lots of calorie bombs on the menu like super-sweet french toast or fatty breakfast meats which I bypassed.

lunch: went to a locally owned pizza place near the beach and split a pizza with my SO. Low-carb crust, feta cheese and tons of veggies: tomato, spinach, artichoke, peppers, garlic...can't remember what else. It was tasty. Water to drink.

dinner: stopped at Panera in Richmond on the way home. I LOVE that Panera has their calories counts listed right there! Super convenient! I had a "you pick two" with the veggie soup (110 calories) and 1/2 a turkey artichoke sandwich (380 calories) - right around 500 calories total. Water to drink. Didn't even sneak any of my SO's chips that he got.

All things considered, being on vacation and eating out, I'm pleased with how it went. No sweets or soda, you'll notice, and we walked past plenty of places selling salt water taffy, ice cream, homemade fudge and the like. Plus we were active swimming and walking on the beach.

Haven't weighed the last three days because TOM is supposed to start tomorrow, and that's the one time of month I break my daily weighing habit.

See you all in September! Congrats to all on progress made in August.
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote