Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #661  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Penguin - You're a busy lady!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:45 AM   #662  
Jer
Began 8/11/17

S/C/G: 187.8/ticker/148

Height: 5'7"

Lauren, I just looked at your blog. You said you felt you needed to add accountability to what you were already doing. That's what I felt I needed to add, too. Has it been helpful to you to be on this thread? I don't think anyone will chide anyone else for not making goals, but I don't think that's the kind of accountability I want. Just support and continuing to post and knowing that we're all helping each other as we each keep moving along seems like enough accountability to be really helpful, don't you think?

Talk with y'all later!
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #663  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Fashin, hoping they have some other foods that are nutritious there. I think your meals look great yesterday. I still want to try the sweet potato fries. Do they taste like fries or sweet potatoes? Sounds so interesting.

Thanks Diana ... I almost dislike the weekends because they are not as structured for me. Eventhough I don't like being in the house, my meals are more on point even if I don't want what is here. I'm just flip flopping around. I know better planning will make them great

Thanks Blueridgegirl, I use to cook like that when it was just a few of us. Now with us being a family of 7 and always having something to do it seems like I just don't have a lot of time. I also rarely eat what I cook for the rest of the family anymore. They don't want healthy food as the call it . But they do eat healthy balanced meals minus the days with fried foods.

Thanks Dream great job on the two pounds down If I did the jumping jacks I definitely wouldn't go. LOL I did that last week before doing 30DS and was pooped. They are still harder than I would like to think. Maybe take a short walk then go to the gym

Jer, I love walking also and I agree with Lauren 100% these peeps are the Bestest Great job on the pound down

Lauren

Hi Penguin sorry the alarm/power out broke your rest. I was 66 degrees here this morning I thought wow. I love these mornings
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #664  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Thanks for the support love2b, I will be posting here as soon as I know what my weight is on Monday morning

Well done everyone for keeping OP...we can do it! I'm just going to work out my cals and I'll post back in a sec with numbers *shudder* hehe

x
abidabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #665  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Jer - This thread has definitely helped, you are all so supportive and ready to offer advice whenever I need it

abidabbi - Can't wait to see those awesome numbers!

Last edited by L R K; 08-27-2010 at 12:20 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #666  

Well, we went to get my partners sons school uniform which was great fun...we went to a shopping outlet for his shoes, having not had brekkie. I really suffer if I dont eat breakfast these days which shows my body must be used to my regime (!) now. We went to a cafe place and I had a bacon and tomato baguette. I don't know how many cals exactly but my best estimate is 250 for the bread and 100 for the bacon (it was grilled as it didnt taste fried, if you get my drift)...no butter, and I pulled all the rind off

I'm going to say 400 to be safe, so that's B and L...will wait for dinner now as I don't want to change my routine too much. I'm a bit peckish but I'll cope.

xxx
Old 08-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #667  

Lauren...not too awsome but could be worse. Made the best of where I was as I couldnt face another jacket potato
Old 08-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #668  
kcx

S/C/G: 212.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

So I have been craving taco bell for days so I worked it into my PA.

Morning: Baked fries and grilled cheese (8)

S: WW peanut butter ice cream (3)

Afternoon: Nachos Supreme no sour cream (9)

Dinner: Lean Cuisine (7-8)

and then I have 3-4 points left to play with.
kcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #669  
nightcrawler

S/C/G: 227/214/140

Height: 5'5"

Default random 2 week trip to mexico!

random trip to mexico with my husband and his parents! not the better part with beaches and such. it was more like the good part, with my husband's not so distant family..no computer access..android didn't work..but it was awesome!

we got back last night (the bridge was jam packed! yes, we drove over there), and i was craving a veggie pizza..so we stopped by the store, picked up a few ingredients (spinach, flour, soy milk, bell peppers, onions)..got home and made us one! of course, i fell asleep while it was baking, thank goodness my husband was still awake to take it out of the oven and store it in the fridge.

i made the crust out of flour, olive oil, and water, brushed it with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkled za'atar, baked it for about 20 mins. the sauce was made out of soy milk (i used flour to thicken it), a lot of garlic, a little bit of salt and a lot of black pepper. for toppings, i used bell peppers (we bought the green ones, no red, yellow, or orange because the colored ones are sooo expensive and we almost drained our resources with that trip), cooked spinach, onions and green onions.

i am not sure what the nutrition info of this one would be, but i had a slice this morning(cut in rectangles, it was 2" by 4". and by morning, i mean just now.).

i gained about 2 lbs since we left, but it's ok. it could have been worse. i do regret that i wasn't able to record everything i ate and drank down to the last ounce (a lot of horchata and local beer. and clean water, of course)

a brief summary of what i do remember eating:

rice, corn, beans, garbanzos, tortillas, breads, pasta with red sauce, veggie tacos, salads, a whole array of fruits..mmmmm.....

the family has a farm, they grow their own produce, have their own cattle, chicken, geese, sheep, horses (they even slaughter and cook it! didn't have any of the meat though..i feel bad for those poor animals, but i gotta admit, the aroma of meat cooking was intoxicating! and no, horses were kept alive). it was a different experience. we helped with the herding, the harvesting, the planting, i didn't take part in the slaughtering, but overall, it was great. it's like a family reunion only with the family in mexico.

Last edited by wikidsnyper; 08-27-2010 at 04:27 PM.
wikidsnyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #670  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Today I had one meal.

I think it did the work of three.

GIANT jacket potato with baked beans and coleslaw.

I feel like I've eaten a bowling ball, and this was at lunch x.x

Brb, going to sleep it off.
Wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #671  
Dog Lover

S/C/G: H:226/215/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Day 3 of diet... not as hungry as yesterday, but starting to crave. Must... have... strength...to... resist...nearby fastfood...

But here was my day:

Breakfast: 2 eggs
Morning snack: small bag of peanuts
Lunch: Rosemary Chicken Lean Cuisine
Afternoon Snack: Slimfast AND Lipton's Cup-a-soup (was very hungry
Supper: Roasted Chicken Verde Lean Cuisine
PM snack: will have Sugar-free strawberry jell'o

Calories today: 1050

No exercise though Someone needs to chain me to the elliptical!!
ravenjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #672  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Dream Great job on the 2 pounds this week. Did you make it to the gym today?

Jer Hi and Welcome!

Penguin Hi

Lauren Enjoy your weekend!

Love2B I used to have issues with the weekend, too. As I got used to my lifestyle I was able to tweak my foods to make it work better for me.

abidabbi I have to have my breakfast and coffee in the AM before I do anything. I'm not a pretty sight without it. Not easy to get along with either.

KCX I had a craving for a burrito last week. My problem is the after effects of the sodium. It was suggested to me here at Chicks to get an Amy's Burrito. It was really good and a lot less sodium. I'm glad you got your Taco Bell fix. Sometimes, you just gotta have some Taco Bell.

wikidsnyper
Your trip sounds really fun. I grew up for a time on my Grandparent's farm. It sounds very similar.

Wysteria Ha Ha is the bowling ball gone?

Raven You may need up to your calories some. What is your calorie range when you get your foods?
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #673  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1495 Calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach or vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (360 calories)
Earth Grains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
4 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 60 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy Mustard 0 Calories
Sliced Apples 40 Calories
Cape cod reduced fat chips 100 calories

Dinner (770 Calories)
Grilled Wahoo 300 Calories
Field Peas w/Snaps 200 Calories
Grilled asparagus 100 calories
1/2 cup cottage cheese 90 calories
Tropical fruit 80 calories

Exercise:
~TF Fire 45
Old 08-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #674  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Taco Bell - If you like cilantro I recommend trying the new Cantina Tacos. They are really good (small, but good). The Pork taco has 200 calories and 260 mg sodium. The chicken one has 170 calories and 350 mg sodium and the steak one has 160 calories and 270 mg of sodium. I had tried some of the Fresco items before but they are all very high in sodium.

8-27-10 check in

80+ ounces water

Breakfast:
Protein Shake

Snack:
Watermelon

Lunch:
Protein Shake
Celery & Cream Cheese
Dole Fruit Gel

Snack:
Almonds

Dinner:
Oven-Fried Green Tomatoes
Baked Chicken
2 pieces Russell Stovers Chocolates

Total Approximately 1600 calories. Most of the calories in my dinner were from the chicken.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #675  
Trying to live below 200

Kris Thanks for the info on Taco Bell. I saw the new Taco's advertised but I haven't looked them up, yet. They sound great.