Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #646  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi StuffedBunny and ravenjeh

So dinner was as follows...

Quorn kiev (220) and bagel with quorn pieces (250)....470cal

Total - 1420...I hope this isn't to many as I can't go to the gym until tomorrow and I'm freaking out a bit...if I have put on weight I will cry Eeeek!

xxx
abidabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #647  
kcx

S/C/G: 212.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I weighed myself today and I dropped another .4lbs since Monday

I have eaten okay today, but I was running around on buses most of the day, so I did allow myself to get too hunger at times. I just ate part of my dinner, but I am spacing it out so I'm not just eating everything in sight.

Points goal 27

B: Oatmeal and 1c blueberries (3)

L: Lean Cuisine, WW ice cream bar (10)

S: WW cheese twists (2)

D: Lean Cuisine (7), tomatoes and cucumber with ranch (2)

S: Popcorn (2)

Depending how I feel, I may use 3 of my activity points for a 3pt WW chocolate peanut butter ice cream dessert cause it just sounds so freaking yummy!

Tomorrow I will be doing an hour and a half of hot yoga (110 degrees, 30-40% humidity), so I will be burning PLENTY of AP tomorrow!
kcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:38 PM   #648  

Happen to be online in the evening so I thought I would pop in.

Glad to know that some of you are working on moving more during the day as well. I did make a point of doing some work standing up today, and had a twenty minute phone conversation during which I paced around the back porch (cordless phone) instead of flopping on the couch. It's hard to believe that little changes like that could make the difference, but every little calorie counts, right?

abidabbi - I've traveled in the southern UK so know all about those cornish pasties...especially those monster-sized ones. Way to go on making a healthier choice.

kcx - I'm so amazed at people who do hot yoga...I think I would die!

welcome raven! Aren't tomato gardens great?

gettinfit - congrats on your success at the buffet.

I'll post my today since I don't plan on eating anything more:

breakfast: Homemade pancakes with a whole grain mix including whole wheat, barley and oat flour. Used earth balance margarine, and topped them with orchard peaches and two spoonfuls of almond butter for protein. YUMS! Feels like a treat to have something different for breakfast, especially on a weekend. More calories than usual for breakfast but I've found it works better to frontload on calories than to skimp and end up eating more at night. I find unless I have between 400-450 or so calories for breakfast I tend to get into bottomless pit mode by the end of the day.

snack: Luna Bar (180 calories) more processed than I usually go for, but I was in a long meeting and didn't want to let myself get too hungry since lunch was late.

lunch: (at an italian deli) a mozzarella and basil and tomato sandwich on foccacia bread, with good balsamic vinegar. I bypassed a drink since all they had was soda. Was tempted by the pastries (fresh brownies) at the cash register but stuck with my sandwich. My other options were pizza or meat sandwiches which I figured would be higher in fat.

dinner: tomato salad (just garden tomatoes, oil, vinegar and black pepper) and homemade fettucine chicken alfredo. I had leftover chicken (free range and organic from my friend's farm) and cut up some red pepper and garlic and added it to the pasta. For the alfredo I used evaporated milk instead of cream or half and half, some muenster cheese, and lots of herbs, with corn starch to thicken. I made homemade pudding for dessert - just cornstarch, milk, a bit of sugar, and cocoa powder. This meal was heavy on dairy, but was careful with portion sizes. Luckily I wasn't too hungry b/c I had lunch late - this would have been an easy meal to overeat at since I love pasta!

exercise - not a formal workout, just trying to be more active in my day by being out of my chair and walking more.

The day was lighter on fruits and veggies than usual which isn't great, but tomorrow is harvest day so should get another shot of goodness from the garden!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #649  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Thanks blueridgegirl
Your menu for the day sounds scrummy
x
abidabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #650  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

We just got home a little while ago. There was a wreck and we got stuck in traffic. It seems like when I get home and post my stuff online, it's time to go to bed. All to wake up and do it all over again. That's why I love the weekends! Woo Hoo! Tomorrow is Friday!

Total approx 1525 Calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (360 calories)
Earth Grains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
4 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 60 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy Mustard 0 Calories
Sliced Apples 40 Calories
Cape cod reduced fat chips 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
2 Chicken Kabobs Approx 8 ounces 400 calories
Rice Pilaf 300 calories
Green Beans 100 Calories

Exercise:
~TF HIIT 25
~The Firm Cardio Overdrive w/Fitstix
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #651  
Trying to live below 200

ravenjeh Hi and Welcome!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #652  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

QuietStorm, your meals always sound good. My walking clears my mind, it does put you in a good mood.

MrsDawson I think you are doing great And your positive attitude will keep you going strong. You got it, trust is key ... Trust with all your heart

Lauren it was lights out at 11:03p. Got up once to go potty at 2:04a but that was it. Got up ready to clean the kids weren't happy

Vixsin Congratulations on the 10lbs down and your NSV

Blueridgegirl, I love tortilla soup. I don't do much right now but when school starts I'll be moving like crazy. I look forward to it Maybe then the scale will be my friend again I agree with you on eating the calories earlier than later. I want pancakes so bad. You're like a chef, or are you?

Hi Jer

Abidabbi, glad you're having a good day I don't think it's too many calories, and like they told me when I was worried about my overage in calories (which yours aren't ) you can't gain a pound over night so if you see a gain it's probably water, it will go away. Please don't cry

Wysteria, I cheat when I don't want any veggies, I drink V8 I always want grapes for some reason.

Hi StuffedBunny You had a healthy day, Spinach and feta pizza, yummy

Hi Ravenjeh

GettinFit, great job on the buffet and with that great attitude and your out look you'll be seeing Onederland in no time.

Kcx, great job staying on plan

Diana, sorry you had to sit in traffic But yay your weekend is almost here

As for me, I cleaned most of the day and I am still not finished. Gonna hopefully get done tomorrow. It's so much easier when the children are in school, they help but it's not like Mommy wants it.

Today's eats 8/26/10

Breakfast (320)
2 svgs Bran Flakes, cup of skim, V8 Fusion

Snack (100)
100 cal pack Chocolate wafers (fake oreos)

Lunch (395)
2slices whole wheat, w/light mayo, lettuce, turkey and Swiss also a salad with iceberg lettuce, Parmesan cheese, garlic butter croutons and Light Caesar

Snack (160)
Apple, and 100 cal Klondike bar

Dinner (423)
h/m chili and cornbread

Total Calories 1398

Water 100ozs
Exercise 3 miles track and my all day cleaning, TONS of up and down cleaning baseboards.

I have to tell you I was so proud of myself doing this. I use to get down on that floor and it would take me forever to get up. I would actually crawl to a chair or anything that would hold my weight to get up. Not today. I got up all by myself. Pat on the back

Lauren I am signing off now. Lights out by midnight
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:17 AM   #653  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

love, great job you are doing so awesome!

Hi everyone! Just stopping by quickly since it's so late. Everyone please wish me luck, we are having a food day at work tomorrow and a luncheon catering buffalo wings and ice cream. Eeek!

Today was a little high calorie but got some exercise in grocery shopping for about an hour and a half.

8/26/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (365)
large cup of coffee w/ 3 tbsp ff Coffee Mate cinnamon creamer- 75
1 medium red apple- 95
1 slice 100% whole grain toast- 100
1 tbsp peanut butter- 95
H2O- 0

Lunch (835)
1 southwest chicken wrap on whole wheat tortilla- 600
1/2 order sweet potato French fries- 190
3 tbsp ketchup- 45
H2O- 0

Dinner (355)
1 cup wholesome hamburger helper made w/ lean ground beef- 310
1 cup steamed broccoli- 45
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,555 calories

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 08-27-2010 at 12:19 AM.
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #654  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, All! TGIF!!!! Have a great weekend!

Also, don't forget to make a plan for the weekend! You don't want all your hard work during the week to be for nothing. You can do it!

Love2B Great job on the NSV!

Fashin Good luck with "food day" today.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #655  

Love - no, I am not a chef, but I do love to cook. Thanks for thinking that though. And with all the great ingredients I have on hand from our farm and gardens, that inspires me even more to get creative in the kitchen. I live in a house with several other folks, and often am at my SO's place so I am cooking for anywhere between two to ten people, and somehow having a crowd to serve makes cooking a big, nice, labor-intensive, from-scratch meal worth it. Whereas if it is just me, I think, "meh, I'll have pasta with store-bought sauce, or a can of soup." And, BTW, congrats on the NSV!

Fashin - I love sweet potato fries. I make baked ones that are pretty tasty, and sweet potato is healthier carb than regular potato.

I posted my Thursday last night.

Scale today: 202.5 Lower than it had been by 1.5 lb from the day before. These fluctuations do keep me guessing, I try not to take them too seriously...that's the discipline of being a daily weigher.
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #656  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all! The scale blessed me with a 2lb loss this week woohooo!!

Yesterdays food:

Breakfast: hot cereal with flaxseed and soy 4 oz cranberry juice with 32 oz water
postworkout:1 scoop strawberry whey and 1 cup almond milk
Lunch: sandwich pocket with crumbles; 1/2 cup cottage cheese; cauliflower with cheese; 1 cup grapes
snack: 7 whole grain crackers
supper: lasagna

calories:1497
water:11 glasses
exercise: 35min treadmill; 20 min pilates

Diana- I agree TGIF! Hope you have a great weekend as well.

Fashin-Good luck with the food day!

love2b- Way to go on the NSV! Great job on the cleaning.

raven-

blueridge-your meals do sound yummy!

kcx-good job on the weight lost. Let us know how hot yoga goes.

gettinfit-great job on the buffet!

Everyone-

DS is off to the sitter, plan was to hit the gym, but I'm tired and trying to make excuses why not to go. Guess I'll go splash some cold water on my face, maybe do some jumping jacks and see if that gets me motivated...

Everyone have a OP day!
dream710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #657  
Jer
Began 8/11/17

S/C/G: 187.8/ticker/148

Height: 5'7"

Hello, sweeties. I've just read a little of your posts and I'm already feeling comfortable and really wanting to see us all reach our goals! Everyone seems to be moving steadily toward your goals. That is really encouraging. Looks like I'm getting in with the right support group!

UK ladies: Seems tracking in kilograms would be more satisfying than pounds. I visited England in '08--what a lovely country and people!

I noticed that quite a few of you have just passed the 200 or 300 mark down into the ones or twos or are just about to do it. Really exciting!!

Quietstorm: 10 lbs down! Great!!

Yesterday: Went over plan by about 150 calories, but lost 1 pound.
Today: Lunch: PB & Toast 200 cals
Dinner: Taco salad 400 cals
Snack/Dessert: 200 cals
Walk 45 minutes (Love walking)
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #658  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

StuffedBunny & ravenjeh - Hi and Welcome to the thread

GettinFit - Great job staying OP!

kcx - Well done on the loss!

blue - Absolutely! Every calorie counts!

Diana - Boo @ Traffic! I hate traffic! But guess what ... IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!

hahaha @ love2b150

fashin - Hi Wishing you plenty of luck, you can beat that evil food!

dream - Well done on the 2lb loss! You're awesome

jer - These peeps are the bestest
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:23 AM   #659  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Okay, now that the panic and stress of the week is over I can relax and resume my normal life. NOT!

I expected to sleep late today, but the alarm telling us the electricity is off woke me up at 7:30AM this morning. Gee, thanks, I would prefer to sleep through the electricity being off but no such luck. I got up opened the windows {fortunatly we are having a break in the heat and it was cool outside}, and went outside in the shaded backyard to do my Bible study on the swing. Afterwards I weeded a few beds. Obviously the electricity came back on or I'd still be weeding.

I haven't been couting cals the past few days, so I will start again today. No exercise except what shows up on my ped,

Jer, Welcome.

Blueridge, I have a hard time cooking just for myself. it seems like too much work, somehow, to get out the pans etc, just for me. I should feel I'm worth a little trouble, shouldn't I?

Raven, Welcome

Bunny, Welcome.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #660  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

HAPPY FRIDAY PEEPS!

Soooo so so so so glad the weekend is almost here!

Here are the plans for the day

B - Homemade smoothie w/ soy milk, banana and cocoa powder + 2 slices WW multigrain bread w/ natural peanut butter

S - 10 Triscuits, carrots and cucumbers w/ hummus

L - Sandwich w/ chedder cheese, tomato, cucumber, lettuce and honey mustard + side salad

S - 2 small peaches + Kashi granola bar

D - Not sure yet, going out.

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + 2L water throughout the day + 1 diet pepsi

Have a happy, healthy and OP day and weekend!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote