3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   **~**August Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome**~** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/208706-%2A%2A%7E%2A%2Aaugust-daily-accountability-check-everyone-welcome%2A%2A%7E%2A%2A.html)

MamaP 08-02-2010 07:31 PM

8-2-10

56+ ounces water

Breakfast:
Ham Sandwich (on thin bun bread)
Protein Snack Bar (Cliff Bar)

Snack:
Fiber One Bar
One Dove Dark Chocolate Miniature

Lunch:
Cottage Cheese & Peaches
McDonald's Mushroom & Swiss Snack Wrap
McDonald's Ice Cream Cone

Dinner:
Grilled Bratwurst
Lettuce Salad

Total approximately 1490 calories.

quietstorm970 08-02-2010 07:35 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm new and here are some of my goals for the month:

Exercise 5-6 times a week
Eat under 1600 calories everyday
Lose 5-10 lbs

I have been able to convince myself that 20 minutes of walking on the treadmill is nothing but I get frustrated when I try to push and my calves start feeling strained. I realize that I must take it slow but I cannot walk at 3 mph for more than a minute. I want to be able to run eventually but taking it slow seems to be the solution that makes more sense at this time.

Food Stats:

B-oatmeal w/raisins, fruit & greens smoothie
S- small apple
L- 4 oz Curried Meat W/ 1/2 c brown rice & 2 c greens
S- 6 oz "no sugar added" yogurt w/ 7 wheat crackers
D-tuna fish salad with egg, 1 medium plantain, 1 c broccoli

I'm still trying to refine my eating plan since fitday is saying that I consume a lot of saturated fat. I'm not really sure what the balance for proteins, carbs, and fats are but I know didn't eat enough protein today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I weighed myself today and was shocked to see 262.5. Last week I was 263.5 so it was a pleasant surprise even if its probably water weight lol

patchworkpenguin 08-02-2010 08:21 PM

Storm, welcome! Glad to have you join us. I agree you should take the exercise slowly. You don't want to strain, injure or just burn out too quickly. Building endurance takes time, especailly if we are trying something new.

Ghost, congratulations on those nine lbs. Great start.

AEK, congratulations on your 41lbs. :D

natrice 08-02-2010 09:01 PM

Evening everybody. I know it's early but I'm tired and glad I'm in my bed. Had a pretty good day today and hope you all had one too. Here's what I've done today.

B - 260
apple cinnamon oatmeal

L - 460
bird's eye southwester flavored rice

S - 500
2 bean and cheese burritos

D - 465
3 baked chicken legs, 2 cups cabbabge

Total calories: about 1685
Excercise: 30 minute treadmill @ 3mph

The treadmill has got my ankle throbbing, going to get some rest for tomorrow.

BoobsNotBombs 08-02-2010 09:21 PM

Breakfast/Lunch: Leftover pasta dinner - small serving - with shrimp and seafood sausage (500 calories)

Dinner: 1 piece focaccia, 2 oz pollock, and sweet corn at a restaurant. I only ate a little bit and had lots left to take home, but it was quite rich and buttery, so I'm guessing 800 or so for all of that.

My workout today was a 40 minute Pilates dvd.

Feeling good, although I had no weight loss today.

love2b150 08-02-2010 09:25 PM

:hug: Jen

:welcome: quietstorm

Today eats whew much better than yesterday :D

Breakfast (415)
honey wheat toast w/spray butter & apple jelly, egg sub w/1 slice turkey bacon & 1/2 slice of cheese, plum juice, skim

Lunch (334)
H/C chicken Alfredo Florentine (took that chicken out can't eat that stuff) added 1.5oz salad shrimp, grapefruit

Snack (160)
cup of grapes, 5 saltines, a little cottage cheese w/peaches, 10 blueberries (first time eating fresh blueberries didn't much care for them but I think I can handle 10 a day, maybe work my way up to more)

Dinner (360)
Tilapia, green beans, 1/2 grapefruit, V8, oyster crackers and an Activia yogurt

total calories 1269 second day of trying to calorie cycle under by 155 calories
Exercise 2.75 miles walking drank to much before I left
Water so far 72oz plus 24oz decaf green tea

I am hoping to see a better number on the scale. I was up 1.0lb.

Diana3271 08-02-2010 10:05 PM

Hi Everyone! Boy am I tired! One day closer to the weekend. ;)

quietstorm970 Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Total Approx 1675 Calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber english muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (360 calories + swipe mayo)
EarthGrains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
4 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 60 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Swipe Kraft Horshradish Dijon Mayonaise (less calories than regular mayo)
Sliced Apples 40 Calories
Cape cod reduced fat chips 100 calories

Dinner: 950 Calories
Grilled Salmon 500 Calories
Steamed Cabbage 100 Calories
Green Beans 100 Calories
Soft Serve Ice Cream 250 Calories (I think this estimate is way too high -DH and I shared it)

Exercise:
~TF Fire 55 EZ

patchworkpenguin 08-02-2010 10:52 PM

August 2,

Iced coffee 50

Chick-fil-a grilled sandwich 300

½ snickers 200
= 550

pot salad 60
chicken pasta salad 300
2 RL rolls 200
= 560

2 Coconut Bark 400

Total = 1,510

Exercise
Ped = 9,806

Weight,

Veil 08-02-2010 11:24 PM

Visiting family for the week. eating off plan and FEELING IT (gas, cramps, tired). exercising very little... trying to just maintain & not gain. ugh! Is this self-sabotage???

How is everyone?

springjacka 08-03-2010 08:44 AM

Penguin thanks again for recommending the book. I am really enjoying it. It's nice to have something that 'clicks' for me. The new one your reading sounds interesting as well...you'll have to let me know how you like it and if its helpful once you get through it. It may be another one I need to add to my list. :)

So, last night while exploring the WW site, I came across a challenge that I decided to participate in. 40 miles in August! This morning I got up feeling a little overwhelmed by the thought of completing 40 miles, but then I talked myself through it and realized its only 10 miles a week. I can do 10 miles a week, I know I can! Its something that is doable. I'm going to give it go.

Daily Points: 30

Breakfast: Slimfast ~ 3 points
Snack: 40 Peanuts ~ 4 points
Dinner: 2c Cooked Spinach, Hamburger w/ 3/4oz Cheddar Cheese Slice ~ 6 points
Snack: Popcorn ~ 3 points
Supper: 1 Hamburger (grilled), corn/green beans/peas, salad

Water: 100oz
Total Points:
Exercise: 1.5 miles walking

We will see about the hamburger patty for supper since I ate one for dinner...the spinach was awesome, I haven't had cooked spinach in forever! I even got the kids to eat it. 1 loved it, the other looked at me like I was feeding him something out of a cow pen. Lol. My husband even offered to try it sometime which surprised the heck out of me cause he's more of a meat and potatoes kind of guy.

MrsDawsondn 08-03-2010 09:19 AM

I think it has officially hit me today that it is really August. Aaaagggghhh. Too much to do and so little time!

Got in a good workout last night but found out my walk/run group didn't meet once I got there so I went to a park and did my 5k alone with DD. Now my schedule is kinda screwed up though. Because I ran I didn't get home till 9:30 (went grocery shopping right after) got home cooked dinner and didn't eat dinner until 10:30PM

Went to bed @ 11:00PM and couldn't get up for my early morning walk. I guess I'll be walking in the evening today as well. I hate evening workouts but I have to get them in. Oh and I made this heavenly chili over whole wheat pasta meal last night as well. Thought I'd only eat a little but I ate too much. But I didn't try to clean my plate as normal which is a good thing. I stopped and put the rest up for today yay me! Didn't weigh myself because I don't feel like having a bad mood over a stupid number on the scale so I will weigh tomorrow after I've eaten and worked out well today. I'm tired of the scale dictating my moods haha :lol:

on to food:
B - active lifestyle oats honey and choc bar - 141
1 banana
1 8 oz cup of banana strawberry smoothie ??

Welp good day to all

L - tuna and wheat thins
Grapes

S - Wheat thins and veggie ranch dip

D - ??

GettinFit 08-03-2010 09:36 AM

Good Morning All,

WELCOME Quietstorm. 20 minutes of walking on the treadmill is a great start. Keep it up and just add a few minutes every few days and you'll be up to jogging before you know it.

Yep Diana, we're one day closer to onederland. I can't wait to see 199.9 on the scale.

I started my morning with a 3.2 mile walk at Stone Mtn. It wasn't quite as hot this morning. I am so ready for fall. I just love when there's a crispness in the air and the leaves are turning.

Eating will be good for me today. I have my W/I at Weight Watchers tonight and I have no idea if I've lost or gained. Hopefully, I'll be at least a pound closer to onederland.

Have a great day everyone ;)

Today's journal

B - Oatmeal, skim milk, Coffee w/SF General Foods International
L - Salad
D - Subway Buffalo Chicken sub
S - SF/FF pudding, honey dew, grapes, popcorn
Exercise - Walked 3.2 miles

L R K 08-03-2010 10:06 AM

Hello Everyone :)

Feels like Monday but it's Tuesday! woohoo! Don't you just love long weekends!!!!

meggoat - Hi and Welcome to the thread, nice to see you join in! :welcome:

jendiet - HaHa! Yes, her tongue is very pink :) So it's pink because she's well hydrated eh?? Interesting. It's probably because she has this trick where I tell her to go get her water and she'll run to her water bowl and drink ... and I do it often just because I think it's cute :)

love2b150 - I am also planning to make this a better month! Go August!!!!! :cheer3:

tamifc Hi and Welcome to the thread, great to see another newbie! :welcome:

Charmtime :welcome: Nice to see you! Glad to have you aboard!

BoobsNotBombs - hahahaha! Love your screen name! There are so many newbies to the thread this month! :welcome: Fun :) Well done on those 6lbs lost already! :cheer:

MamaP - Great to see you back!!! :) How are you??

Penguin - Great to see you checkin in!

AEKsMom - :welcome: you are doing great, keep iit up!

ghost_girl - Yay! I love all these new faces :welcome: Well done on that 9lbs loss!

GettinFit - Well Done on all those good food choices!

MrsDawsondn - Great to see you back! :)

Sping - Good to see you have set yourself some goals for the month, perhaps I should do that ...

quietstorm Hi and Welcome :wave: Another goal setting gal, I need to hop on board with that.

Diana - hahahaha! Another day closer to the weekend :) Yeh, I look at it like that too, makes the week seem just a little better :)

Veil - I hear you on the not so good weekend. It was a long weekend for us here in Canada so I did make some not so good food choices, not terrible but I really could've been better - you live, you learn eh.

L R K 08-03-2010 10:23 AM

Holy Moses! Look at all those :welcome:'s above!

Didn't July just fly by?? This whole fricken year is whizzing by!

I am going to take a page outta some of your books and actually set some goals for myself this month.

1. Stick to my "eat 1 meal, whatever I want to eat" every 2 weeks.
2. No more 3 PM chocolate breaks! This is becoming way to frequent. It has to stop! Starting today!
3. Drink at least 2 cups greens tea each day Mon - Fri (Sat and Sun, is usually just water)

Ok, so other than the 3 things above I have been good. Drinking plenty of water, exercising regularly, getting in my veggies ... but I really think the 3 PM choc. breaks are the biggest issue! The mail centre at work keeps a big bowl of chocolates there, I am on the same floor and walk past there everytime I need to go to the washroom. At any other time of the day I can resist but it is just that afternoon snack attack that makes me wander in that direction. Today it is going to stop! I think it had become more of a habit than anything so just need to break myself out of it.

Yah, so here is what I plan to eat today.

B - Egg Salad Sandwich (2 slices WW multi-grain bread w/ 1 boiled egg mixed with half the fat mayo) + 1/2 Homemade smoothie (banana, blueberries, strawberries, skim milk, natural yoghurt and honey)

S - The other 1/2 of the homemade smoothie

L - Left over Thai food. Green Chicken Curry w/ green beans and snow peas + small amount of rice + a side salad of mixed greens, cucumber, tomato, light chedder cheese and cal.wise balsamic dressing

S - 1 Apple

D - 1 portion of salmon w/ jerk marinade + naan bread + greens beans

Drinking: 1 morning coffee + 2L water throughout the day + at least 2 cups green tea + 1 diet pepsi

Exercise: 30min brisk walk with the dog + 30mins Wii Fit Plus

Have a happy, healthy and OP day :wave:

MamaP 08-03-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenA (Post 3418266)
MamaP - Great to see you back!!! :) How are you??

Thanks for asking . . . I'm here, that's about all I can say. Going through the motions, trying not to sound or look like a crazy person, wishing I could get through a whole day without crying, wishing I felt like doing something beyond the bare minimum but feeling overwhelmed . . . oh well, this too shall pass!