Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #226  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

@ lauren I am excited to know how the plan goes as well.
@Jen thanks for the kudos I was wondering how you were faring today thanks for the update glad you are doing better. rest is good I'm glad you got it even if for a little while. Sounds like all that sand and stairs helped with the workouts too.
@quietstorm welcome back glad to have you post away!
@lori welcome to august accountability thread you will love these gals their the best
@brandilou I agree with others on this one I think Coffee has way less cals than pop but as long as it's in moderation you should be good to go.

Got in my morning workout today yippee! Ran 25 minutes straight no stopping I'm so proud that I didn't pass out LOL. I need new running shoes ASAP though I can feel my foot at the tip of my shoe and I don't have any toe space when i run cause my feet swell up. Last night hubby wanted me to stay in with him instead of going out running. So we chilled out and he says he can see the diff couldn't keep his hands off of me haha attraction felt great! I did REALLY well on my eating yesterday I only consumed 1650 cals go me. That's less than my targeted 1800 Cals.

So todays menu is :

B- Hostess cupcakes with cream filling and yellow icing 410
Coffee w/ creamer - 30 cals
L- 1 cup Salmon raw with relish and mustard - 210
Oatmeal cream pie
S - ??
D - Green split pea soup with mushroom and shredded cheddar cheese
small chicken thigh Baked with skin

120 ounces of water
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #227  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

MrsD - You are doing great! Keep it up
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #228  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

@ thanks Lauren and you are too it seems I've been thinking about eating organic you're definitely inspiring me.

Oh oh and another great change I noticed. I stopped drinking coffee for about 4 months and at the race this past weekend they were giving out free starbucks so I gave it a go sans sugar. EXCELLENTE! All I had in it was half and half and vanilla flavoring and it tasted like a latte. So lately I've had my coffees with out dumping a lb of sugar in them and it tastes great. As long as I have a flavored creamer I'm good. I never thought I'd see this day. I used to have a saying "I like lots of coffee in my sugar" lol this is a NSV for me.

Last edited by MrsDawsondn; 08-10-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #229  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Lauren Wow, great job! I prefer orgainc foods and try to buy them whenever possible. At the grocery store where I shop, the prices are actually quite close between the two. I'm lucky there.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

FINALLY, down to 178.8 this morning. Keep going. I want to get to at least 176 by the end of this week--so I can feel OUT of the 180s again. with all the calories i burned, once i drop the water weight--that should be possible. we will see though.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #231  
CanadianVeggie

MrsD - Def. try the organic foods, they taste so much better! And I am finding that lately there isn't a huge difference in price between organic and regular. And well done on that coffee NSV - I have been without coffee for 2 days now and I can't really say I miss it. Well I miss the taste, not the caffeine which is good. Perhaps next time I go to Starbucks I will try something a little less sweet.

Diana - Thanks! I am also lucky because I live in an area with lot's of farms, so super fresh fruits and veggies! The grocery store organic items are also a lot more reasonable now.

Jen- Yay! You can do it!

Last edited by L R K; 08-10-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:05 AM   #232  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Hi all, can I hop on here too?

Breakfast today was
string cheese - 70
chobani vanilla - 120
3/4c Kashi go lean - 110
apple - 75
plum - 60 435

lunch will be
3oz baked chicken 142
2.5 oz black beans 75
string cheese 70
apple 75
large green salad
dressing 3/4 serv 100
salsa 20 582

snack will be
apple 75
baby carrots 35
string cheese 70 180

supper will be
shrimp steamed with broccoli
1/4c brown rice, maybe some summer squash or zucchini too
medium salad

total allowance for the day: 1600 - 1700

My first week went well! I am really happy with myself. I have been really focusing on my diet and eating clean and I am down 8 LBS!!!!!!! I am pleased to have tweaked my calories and I am noticing a big and positive differences.

After all of the injuries, I am thinking about starting back to the gym tomorrow. I'd like to get there 2x this week. Taking these last 3 weeks off has been a GOD send for me! Not only has my body healed and rested but my mind has gotten much clearer. I didn't realize the destructive behaviors I had until it was too late. My injuries have taught me to slow down and focus on the more important things.

Someone on 3FC said to me that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise and that really hit home with me. I think I was looking at it the other way around....which I realize now why is so wrong. For whatever reason, that made it easier for me to focus on my diet and realize that it IS something that I can take total control of. My exercise will fall into place. I loved the feeling I got when I was running, I will get that back in time. I am hoping to do it injury and crazywoman free this time.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:22 AM   #233  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

WTG Vixsin with the 8 lb loss finding what works for you is a wonderful feeling isn't it?
Old 08-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #234  
Trying to live below 200

Vixsin Hi and Welcome Aboard!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #235  
CanadianVeggie

Vixsin - Of course you can join in! The more the merrier

to the thread!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi Vixsin!!! Welcome

Todays lunch was a bagel and quorn (300) and some olives and cucumber (100). So total today is 600 cals and I will have maybe some soup for dinner. Hoping to stay below 1000cal for the day. Wasn't too hungry as spent the whole morning worrying about my other half getting rid of me or something along those lines. We went to lunch (we both work at the Uni) and he proceeded to be a complete pain in the backside. I don't argue, I tend to think, say one thing and it's done. We're ok again now but I got my two-cents in too today...I need to stick up for myself more often...

Going to the gym tonight for an hour and half if not a bit more...hopfully get to 1000 cals tonight but will be happy to see 800 again.

x x x x xx
abidabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #237  
Trying to live below 200

abidabbi I'm sorry that you and your other half are having a conflict. I didn't understand your post originally. Although I thought I did. All I could think about is you are a better person than me for rowing. I know rowing would cause even more neck issues for me. I didn't realize "rowing" was fighting/arguing until I read Penguin's post. So sorry you are going through this.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #238  

Thanks Penguin and Diana...I think its ok now, we just needed to iron some things out. I love him, that's the main thing. But sometimes we need to readjust ourselfs so we fit together properly as we both get tired, stressed and arsey. Hi ex-wife did a number on his self confidence and didn't respect him. They have a son (who is wonderful) so that means she will always be in his life and I will never get to have 'our first baby' because he already has one. Sometimes it gets to me as we both feel we have been waiting our whole lives for each other. I respect, love and am honest, kind and loyal to him. But he still has these hangups that I feel dont represent what I offer. For example, if I get a bit naffed off about a door being left open, this would have been a big thing with her, so he gets defensive and annoyed, whereas it is normal for me to be naffed off. I'm not sure I am expressing what I mean very well but it basically comes down to the fact that I think he sometimes thinks I will end up like her. Which I wont. Because Im not an evil bloodsucking lazy cow who will spend all his money and leave him with nothing. No really, I'm not I'll let him make it up to me though, as last night I slept downstairs in a sleeping bag on the floor. In MY house!!!
x
Old 08-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #239  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

My weigh in ... didn't go like I wanted it to .... I didn't get to change my ticker to 175 but I did change it to 176. I can't change my avatar to 20 But even with the sad faces I can't complain really ... I'm proud of myself and I am slowly coming into the new ME. Thanks for all of the great thoughts sent my way, you all know I appreciate each and every one of them and YOU

Hi Vixsin congratulations on your loss so far

abidabbi, Glad you got your two cents in and the two of you are better now.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #240  

Aw love2b...just lookhow well you're doing though, don't lose sight of that babe You should be proud!
x x x x We're not far off being similar CWs at the moment, so I'll send you extra special 5'4'' positive thoughts x x x x