3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Bless 3FC . . . (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/208483-bless-3fc.html)

Coondocks 07-29-2010 09:48 AM

Bless 3FC . . .

my last 24 hours have been so ridiculous they are reedonculous.

My Shaun (still don't know what to label him, love of my life, best friend, son's father . . . . . ) has been accepted to return to Haiti - until January 2011. I'm proud of himfor finishing what he started, and he started a lot over there in 2 months, but till January?
Ok breath . . I can handle that.

Then I get called a hypocrite from some random person becuase I AGREE with the smoking ban that passed here. You can't smoke in a vehicle that holds a child 16 or under. Granted I was having a smoke when I said this, but that doesnt make me a hyppocrate, I have never and would never smoke around my son, he doesnt see me do it, I dont smoke in the car or allow anyone to smoke in it regardless if he's in it or not - how am I a hypocrate?
Breath . . . people can be irritating.
Jack (son) decided to throw a tantrum last night, here come the terrible 2's and didn't go to bed until 10 and thats too late for him. Then came the phone call telling me about Haiti. Finally got to bed at 12, not good when I get up at 6 and the night before only got 4 hours of sleep.

I slept in this morning, not surprising after another 1 am phone call from Shaun (he's in Vancouver currently, Im in Winnipeg) to figure out what he should do.
I missed breakfast so I packed it to have at work, no biggie. But to add to the Tim Hortons, Robins Doughnuts, McDonalds and food court right by my work . . . there is now a Starbucks. I so wanted to get a nice fattening, tasty coffee this morning.

I walked right on by and why? Because I knew I could come here and see right in front of my eyes that I'm on track to keep loosing. I've been eating clean for the week, I'm not hungry or deprived, its tasty food and I have it in my lunch bag now.

So some where along the way this morning I realized that this place has become sanctuary and as long as I can resist temptation long enough to come check things out here, it too will pass.

Ok, my vent is done. Off to finish my apple and peanut butter :)

SCraver 07-29-2010 10:02 AM

Wow! Sounds like you got a lot going on right now. I have an 18 mo old son and his favorite word is "no". I tell him it is a good thing he is so cute!

I am impressed that you were able to pass up StarShmucks. You are a better woman than I! I surely would have cracked! Give yourself a BIG pat on the back! :woohoo: :yay:

Coondocks 07-29-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCraver (Post 3409764)
Wow! Sounds like you got a lot going on right now. I have an 18 mo old son and his favorite word is "no". I tell him it is a good thing he is so cute!

I am impressed that you were able to pass up StarShmucks. You are a better woman than I! I surely would have cracked! Give yourself a BIG pat on the back! :woohoo: :yay:

Jack will be 18 mos next week . . . . terrible 2's making an early appearance with him. His favourite word, believe it or not, "P'ease' as in Please. when he wants something 'p'ease, p'ease' and it seems Mom is the only one that says no - have to teach the grandparents No is a really good word.

I know it's best walking by the starbucks . . . but I still want it! Patience is not a virtue I posses, Im an instant gratification kind of person . . . sigh . . . . its all good, crystal light can be just as tasty right? ha ha

SCraver 07-29-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coondocks (Post 3409772)
Jack will be 18 mos next week . . . . terrible 2's making an early appearance with him. His favourite word, believe it or not, "P'ease' as in Please. when he wants something 'p'ease, p'ease' and it seems Mom is the only one that says no - have to teach the grandparents No is a really good word.

I know it's best walking by the starbucks . . . but I still want it! Patience is not a virtue I posses, Im an instant gratification kind of person . . . sigh . . . . its all good, crystal light can be just as tasty right? ha ha

How cute! We are still working on "please". He can say "bumble bee" clearer than he can say "please". That is because it is more fun to ask him to say Bumble bee. Lol! So... if they act like terrible two's now - does that mean they will be better when they are 2 or we will just have to go through this phase for longer??

When I ABSOLUTELY HAVE to have one of my Cafe Mocha's... I get a small. I get it with Skim milk. No whip (that saves 100+ calories, btw). AND I have started asking for ONE squirt of mocha instead of the two they usually put in... I figure that makes it about a 120 - 150 calorie drink (I haven't had good luck pinning down the amount of calories in the mocha syrup). Sometimes it is worth it to give up my snack for the cafe mocha... but mostly it isn't. I haven't had one in a while. Months, in fact. (When I was PG with my son, I had one everyday for about two weeks.)