3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   And Some Days You Just Fall Down... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/208000-some-days-you-just-fall-down.html)

Shifterred 07-23-2010 09:49 PM

And Some Days You Just Fall Down...

Hey, chickies! After losing from 175lbs to 145lbs and then gaining from 145lbs to 155lbs I've almost reached 145 again (146.8lbs this morning!) Whoo!

Now, for the bad news.

I'm about 800 calories over my calorie goals for today.

Suffice to say, there is a heck of a lot of working out in my future this evening. Sad, really, for had it not been for my consumption of foods that I KNEW were going to knock me outta the park (who sits down and knowingly eats 630 calories worth of cookies? I do, that's who) I would have 'broke even' today.

Some days are just bad. It seems like I have yet to have a really "good" day since I got back on the wagon, however. I've yet to really make my meal plans stick or workout the entirety of the time I should.

I was just telling my friend the other day: It's amazing how badly I want to lose weight, and yet I seem to want to EAT even more!

Nothing more to say, really. I just thought I'd share. I hope everyone out there is getting along better than myself!

Onederchic 07-23-2010 09:54 PM

Last night, I ate 1000 calories over my planned allotment for the day :o But the main thing, for me, is not to focus on feeling bad but to brush myself off and keep on chugging along :D

Good luck with your goals :hug:

Losing It 2010 07-23-2010 10:11 PM

I was in the store today and for some reason I was drawn to the salsa (not bad in calorie) tortilla chips and sour cream. I thought to myself I could just eat a few chips and a small amount of the sour cream. I laughed out loud and kept walking.

Shake it off my dear and know we have all been in the same boat, I fear my boat will come in sooner than later, I am on day 23 and it's getting harder and harder each day. I am craving crap that I don't even like to eat anymore.

Keep us updated and we are here for you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shifterred (Post 3401371)
Hey, chickies! After losing from 175lbs to 145lbs and then gaining from 145lbs to 155lbs I've almost reached 145 again (146.8lbs this morning!) Whoo!

Now, for the bad news.

I'm about 800 calories over my calorie goals for today.

Suffice to say, there is a heck of a lot of working out in my future this evening. Sad, really, for had it not been for my consumption of foods that I KNEW were going to knock me outta the park (who sits down and knowingly eats 630 calories worth of cookies? I do, that's who) I would have 'broke even' today.

Some days are just bad. It seems like I have yet to have a really "good" day since I got back on the wagon, however. I've yet to really make my meal plans stick or workout the entirety of the time I should.

I was just telling my friend the other day: It's amazing how badly I want to lose weight, and yet I seem to want to EAT even more!

Nothing more to say, really. I just thought I'd share. I hope everyone out there is getting along better than myself!

stargzr 07-23-2010 10:44 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I think that we're just hard on ourselves sometimes. So you had an over calorie day today, just make super awesome choices tomorrow to balance it out. That's what life's about anyhow, right? balance. =)

thepapillon 07-23-2010 11:12 PM

When I slip up, I shrug it off and have somehow convinced myself that it is good for my metabolism... changing the calorie amount every once in awhile. :) We all need to cheat every so often! (I plan to on Sunday! lol)

MrsDawsondn 07-23-2010 11:23 PM

yep I agree with everyone else just keep going and balance it all out.

Cglasscock1 07-24-2010 12:11 AM

I doubt that anyone on this board made it their goal without having at least one slip-up event or day. (If you did, I'd like to hear about it!) It's just part of the process. Carry on!

jendiet 07-24-2010 12:32 AM

i agree on both counts. it is part of the process, AND it does revv your metabolism. It was a refeeding day, and now you will find it easier to stay on plan. KEEP GOING. good job on your loss back down to maintenance!

asharksrevenge 07-24-2010 03:57 AM

I had an over-the-limit day too, by 300 calories. I'm shrugging it off because tomorrow I participate in my first 5k!

These things happen. It's best not to become overwhelmed. Good luck!

Ciao 07-24-2010 05:17 AM

"If you fell down yesterday, stand up today." -H. G. Wells