What is the...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Best compliment you've been given since losing weight?

Mine was that I was blooming like a rose
  • I simple, "You look great!" is the best
    compliment ever that I have received.
  • "Youre so much happier"

best EVER
  • My favorite, from a relative stranger, was "Have you been working out?" and when I said yes, "It shows"--SO much more positive than the usual "Have you lost weight?"
  • "oh my gosh, you look great!" From a woman at work who has been out for a few months. =)
    Made my day that day.
  • Isn't it amazing to be complimented so randomly? My personal favorites have been "You look fantastic" and today I got "You're getting scrawny!" LOL Though I'm far from scrawny... it was nice to hear.
  • i got "you're perfect".. obviously far from the truth, but really flattering
  • My little sister's boyfriend said "Every time I see you you get skinnier and skinnier!" LOVED it because most people just say "You're losing weight, aren't you!" which is nice, but he called me SKINNY! I told my sister he's a keeper as far as I'm concerned. lol
  • Quote: My little sister's boyfriend said "Every time I see you you get skinnier and skinnier!" LOVED it because most people just say "You're losing weight, aren't you!" which is nice, but he called me SKINNY! I told my sister he's a keeper as far as I'm concerned. lol
  • I've received tons of compliments calling me "little", "tiny" or "small", but the best ever was "You look younger"!
  • Ok I feel kind of left out, no one has said anything yet lol but then again I am a very private person and people know not to ask me too many questions or speak of my personal business.. still think my SIL will say something when I see her Labor Day weekend
  • "Where did you leave the rest of you?"
  • I suppose it was my 17 year old sister's reaction yesterday after not seeing her for a year...

Gasp...hands at the mouth...
  • Every time my neighbor sees me she tells me I look awesome. I see her about once a week so I am a little smaller each time I have had some family members tell me I am "skinny". I kind of have mixed feelings on that one. Its kind of like a compliment but kind of not. I am far from "skinny" and even if I was, its kind of negative. I would rather be FIT and HEALTHY. I will take the compliment though because I know its not meant to be an insult
  • At this point my friends and family are definately starting to notice, and I do get a lot of great compliments.

I think the best is the compliment that is not meant to be one. I was in a store and I asked the woman to help me get a large size of a shirt I was looking at, and she said 'No no, you're a medium!'

And that shirt is kinda baggy on me now :3

That made my day!