Should I stop or keep going after losing 20+ pounds?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey chicks. So I'm debating on whether or
    not I should continue losing weight.
    At 142lbs I look and feel great already.
    But my body has kinda stopped losing the weight.
    It's hit a dead end and it's frustrating me.
    I'm 15 years old and I haven't changed my
    eating habits or exercise habits. I run 2 miles
    every other day but I'm still stuck.

Photo #1
    I did not alter this photo to change my body
    size. The only thing I edited is the pixels to distract
    from seeing the sides of the photo and focus
    more on my body.

Photo #2
    I darkened this photo so you could see my silhouette
    and get a better look at my body shape.

I know my body is still growing and I've done
    good so far. And I also have nice curves now. So should
    I keep going or maintain? I've never been at
    120 so I'm not sure what I'll look like. And it's
    been really hard for me to go below 140. I'm
    not sure if it's me, my body, or my workout/diet.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

• I think if you are comfortable with where you are at then you should just maintain, stay active and continue to eat healthy

Quote: Hey chicks. So I'm debating on whether or
    not I should continue losing weight.
    At 142lbs I look and feel great already.
    But my body has kinda stopped losing the weight.
    It's hit a dead end and it's frustrating me.
    I'm 15 years old and I haven't changed my
    eating habits or exercise habits. I run 2 miles
    every other day but I'm still stuck.

Photo #1
    I did not alter this photo to change my body
    size. The only thing I edited is the pixels to distract
    from seeing the sides of the photo and focus
    more on my body.

Photo #2
    I darkened this photo so you could see my silhouette
    and get a better look at my body shape.

I know my body is still growing and I've done
    good so far. And I also have nice curves now. So should
    I keep going or maintain? I've never been at
    120 so I'm not sure what I'll look like. And it's
    been really hard for me to go below 140. I'm
    not sure if it's me, my body, or my workout/diet.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
  • Quote: I think if you are comfortable with where you are at then you should just maintain, stay active and continue to eat healthy
    That's what I've been thinking.
    I guess my whole thing is, "What WILL I look like at 120?"
    Or is my body even capable of getting to 120?

Because even now I don't look like I'm 140. I've
    been told I look like I'm low 130s.
  • You feel great, you look great, so I say that as long as you're healthy, stay active and eat well and stop trying to lose! You are a beautiful young woman, be proud and happy with yourself!
  • i think you look wonderful now! i would say maintain and continue the a healthy diet and exercise routine! congrats on your success!
  • You look great! You may be growing taller, which is going to slow your weight loss and will make your ideal weight a bit higher. If I were you, I think I would maintain for six months or a year and revisit the question then.
  • Thanks. I'll maintain and let my
    body take a break for now. Then later I'll lose
    weight little by little.
  • Only you can answer this for yourself, but being of the same height I would stay where you are for a while and then re-evaluate. I know for me personally with my bone structure and build 120 would be too thin. You look great!
  • You look awesome right now! I think you should definitely maintain, especially since you may still be getting taller
  • Thank you.
  • You look good!! I agree with the others that say maintain. And you're only 15 so you're still growing! Just continue eating healthy and exercising cause those are good habits but I don't think you need to lose anymore cause you do look good! In the end its your decision though. Congrats!
  • You look absolutely stunning! You certinally don't need to lose another pound!

But... If I were in your shoes, I'd do it. Because I, too, would be VERY curious as to what I'd look like at that lower weight. I mean, it's not like you can't ever turn back. At the same time though, there's no rush or urgency, and you DO look great so even if you can't get down to 120lbs, there's no reason to beat yourself up. But hey, you only live once, right? If it's too difficult, don't sweat over it and just maintain. But you don't want to regret not giving it a shot, either
  • Quote: You look absolutely stunning! You certinally don't need to lose another pound!

But... If I were in your shoes, I'd do it. Because I, too, would be VERY curious as to what I'd look like at that lower weight. I mean, it's not like you can't ever turn back. At the same time though, there's no rush or urgency, and you DO look great so even if you can't get down to 120lbs, there's no reason to beat yourself up. But hey, you only live once, right? If it's too difficult, don't sweat over it and just maintain. But you don't want to regret not giving it a shot, either
    Thanks. That's absolutely what I
    was thinking.
  • I think you look tiny already! You and I are about the same size, though, and I still want to get to the 120s, so I understand where you're coming from. When I was in the 120s was when I felt my cutest but that was years ago, so I'm unsure of my ability to do it as well. I do think that you look great, though--congrats on losing 20 #!
  • It's so refreshing to see a young girl not trying to diet herself down to an unhealthy weight. Bravo to you for being happy where you are and healthy as well! You look just right!