Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-20-2010, 01:17 AM   #1  
Oh, you stubborn Viking!

S/C/G: 342/SEE TICKER/192

Height: 5 ft 9 in

Default Goals and Rewards

I know that reaching a certain weight is reward enough, but for just a little extra encouragement, I give myself a little reward if I reach a goal. Like when I hit 10 lbs; I got a manicure, 20 lbs; a new pair of walking shoes, 30 lbs; I got another manicure, 40 lbs; a new outfit...as for 50 lbs? I think I'm gonna go get the industrial piercing I've been wanting forever. And my next big goal after that is going to be to reach 270 (which will bring my BMI rating to "obese" and not "morbidly obese"...yay!) by September 12th, which is 4 months from my start date. And I'm going to get a hooded sweatshirt...which may sound kind of boring or un-momentous, but in my adult life I've never had a hooded sweatshirt. They never fit well and the neck was too darn tight. So it's kind of a big thing for me. Just one step closer!
LacieRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #2  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #3  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

i think doing rewards can be fun and refreshing, and can also be like part of the overall package of taking care of ourselves. so congrats on all the hard work you've done and enjoy your rewards, health weight and pampering!
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:54 AM   #4  

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Those are all great rewards! You should definitely treat yourself for all of your hard work. Congrats on your weight loss! =)
peace4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/166/126

Height: 5'4"

Definetly Reward yourself well for all your hard work!! Its hard enough to lose weight, might as well make it as enjoyable as possible!! Well done on your progress so far, so inspiring!!
susie256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 292/250/175

Height: 5'7''

Yes- rewards are important and we deserve them! I think you've picked out some great, fun rewards.

When I started this weight loss journey in January, my husband buy me this empty charm bracelet. Now, every time I lose 10 lbs., he takes me to the mall and lets me pick out a new charm to put on the bracelet. Now I have 5 charms! I love the bracelet because the charms are a consant reminder of how far I've come.

:-)
Danielle2842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I think rewards are a really fabulous idea and a great way to mark milestones in your weight loss. In the past, I used to reward myself with food, and I think it's so positive to come up with other rewards that motivate you to keep at it! In fact, this thread has inspired me to try and come up with a few of my own.

Danielle2842 - I think that charm bracelet is such a beautiful idea. It seems great to have a reward that is very visual, and constantly reminds you of what you are doing. I'd love to do something like that!
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote