Anyone planning a makeover?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I've pretty much gotten a new wardrobe in the last week, it was time and I needed to feel pretty when I did I made sure to by things that made me feel really good and were maybe a little fitted but flattering. But I was thinking maybe it's time for a haircut. What else could I do for sort of a makeover? I already get manicures and I do my own pedicures, I do need one of those though. I'm not sure where or how to revamp my makeup style and I like a little less make up anyway. But I'd love some other ides for a makeover to celebrate.
  • My first post here in ages!

1) A haircut is a great idea - perhaps having it dyed or highlighted?

2) Eyebrow waxing or threading, with shaping and possible dying to make them darker. Really frames the face! You can also have eyelashes dyed which I used to do, but you still have to wear mascara for volume if your eyelashes are not thick to begin with. Helps with blond lashes.

3) Facial

4) New make up! If you have a department store with a make up counter or a MediSpa that sells make up, go in and they will show you how to use it all. Remember you don't have to buy everything they show you - don't feel pressured, just get what you want.

5) Not a makeover thing, but getting a massage always makes me feel great.

6) new accessories, like jewelery or a new purse/bag to go with the new wardrobe.
  • maybe getting a tan? assuming you're not tan lol

and then teeth whitening!! the drugstore bleaches for 10 bucks really works, just takes a few times to see big results
  • Was just reading a thread about a Brazilian wax as a reward...I have no recommendations on that matter, but apparently some people do.
  • Everyone has made some great points.

For myself, I plan on getting a great outfit that I wouldn't have worn at my highest weight, teeth whitening, and I HAVE to try fringe bangs at least once in my lifetime.

I think the best option for a completely new body is learning how to properly dress it. Basically, the styles that looked great on you before will not flatter your new body. The shape will stay exactly the same, even if it decreases in size. But still, a different wardrobe does a new body good.

I personally have to figure out what I WANT. I just recently started learning what styles I actually like - I tend to have a more laid back style than I realized, I love graphic tee's and simple things, and sometimes I love a good pair of leggings or skinny jeans. Before, at my highest, I was all over the place with the fashions I wore. What I really wanted didn't fit so I picked what was suitable.. now I have options so I have to really tone my style until I figure out what it is. It's almost a rebirth of my fashion sense? Not sure, but I'm loving this part of the journey!
  • I'm going to try and wait until goal before I buy too much more than public decency requires - last time I spent too much the nearer I got, and that didn't help my financial situation!

This time, I've promised myself a Colour Me Beautiful full consultation, which gives make-up suggestions and clothes style help as well as the colours, then take it from there. If I don't like the suggestions, I won't feel obligated but last time, I carried on wearing the same clothes, just smaller; and my haircut, which I thought was cutely gamine, made a colleague ask if I'd finished the chemotherapy. :O
  • The biggest makeover is happening while I lose the weight. I grow more confident and more energetic with every pound I lose. But yes, I'm planning to make some major changes after losing weight.

1) Changing my hair color to pale golden blonde.

2) Laser treatments to minimize my stretchmarks.

3) Breast lift.

4)Start wearing makeup and nail polish again.

5) High heels frequently.

6) No more frumpy clothes.
  • All wonderful ideas, ladies, and some I haven't considered before! (Though I don't know if I could manage a Brazilian wax )

Here's mine:

*Completely new wardrobe (which, at 160 lbs. lost, is obvious)
    *Lingerie and silky nightgowns/stockings/sexy things
    *High heeled shoes
    *Breast lift
    *Necklaces, rings, anklets, pretty jewelry

and a set of mountaineering supplies, which strangely I look forward to the most! I've always wanted to climb, but have never done it before. I think it will rock!
  • Quote: Was just reading a thread about a Brazilian wax as a reward...I have no recommendations on that matter, but apparently some people do.
    Brazilian wax?!?

I know you've bought a lot of clothes already, but I think it's a treat to buy (at least) one pair of really good jeans. Set aside some time, bring a friend or two, and try on every brand because they all fit differently. I know it sounds silly, but those $$$ designer jeans are really flattering! They make your butt look fabulous. And they are incredibly soft -- the softest denim you can imagine!

I love Seven for All Mankind, Citizens of Humanity, and Hudson. And they don't have to be crazy and distressed or embellished -- all those brands make nice dark-wash jeans that you can dress up or down, with heels or without. Plan on having the hems altered at a good tailor.

I bought a pair of Hudsons last week but I think they will have to go back -- the teenage salesgirls talked me into a really tight pair that I just don't think I will ever be comfortable in. The next size up was too big, so probably the cut just isn't right for me. But I do love them.

(If you have a Nordstrom near you, they're having a sale, including jeans, until August 1)
  • I have always loved makeup, but hate to end up with stuff I don't use. There is a function on estee lauder site, you upload a pic of yourself (straight on face shot) and go through a process, then you get to try on make up on your own pic. Kinda fun, and it was easy, but not necessarily indicative of your real result, just fun. Almost all their eyeshadows have some sort of shimmer or frost, and over a certain age frosty on certain areas just show off wrinkles and such. And there's tons of videos on youtube with women of all ages, real women, with how tos and stuff.
    So happy for you!!!
  • Oh yes, I have plans too.

1) Teeth bleaching. Crest Whitestrips.

2) Hair highlights

3) New clothes (for sure)

4) When budget allows- breast lift and if needed extra skin removal off tummy.
  • Designer jeans are on the top of my list! I'm waiting til fall though because it's 112 here with 50% humity right now! Plus I'd like my body to settle a little more before I drop that much $ on jeans! Luckily I live near the greatest outlet mall of all time and there's an Off Sacs there that carries most brands.
  • Ncuneo: U should definitely get yourself a facial and since u don't like to wear a lot of makeup u should maybe schedule an appt to get a makeover with a Bobby Brown makeup rep. Her products r for people who like the more natural look and they r very light.

I've been doing mini changes to myself throughout my weightloss. I've always loved getting my hair done. So I do that quite a bit. I'm definitely changing my hairstyles the more my face slims down. I plan to.......

Get a brazilian wax
    Whole new wardrobe
    High heels
    Sexy panties
    Breast lift and tummy tuck
    Definitely gonna get a facial when I hit my 100lb loss mark
  • Quote: 3) Breast lift.
    This. I may also have to get a reduction, I'm not sure. I saw some pictures that my cousin took yesterday at the family reunion, and all I can see is my big droopy jugs with my little head up on top!
  • Quote: (If you have a Nordstrom near you, they're having a sale, including jeans, until August 1)
    So is Nordstrom where you find your designer jeans? I always hear people talking about them, but I don't know where to find them! I live a couple hours from Seattle so I know there must be a LOT of nice, designer jeans there but I just don't know where to find them.

Oh, I and I watch "What Not To Wear" and Stacy is always talking about "dark wash, straight legs". But jeans around here that say "Straight leg" on the tag always seem tapered to me. So I'm very confused about where to actually find decent jeans.