Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 09:25 AM   #16  

Angry

Hi everybody?

QueenB I saw your picture on a previous posting. You are a pretty girl and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. I am just going through reading everyone's post. It is like having morning coffee with the girls!!! I had a pretty good weekend. I didn't eat past 7:00 pm and I drank over 60 ounces of water each day. The hard part for me is the food. I love everything friend and I am trying to get away from that.

My husband told me today that it looks like I have lost weight around my thighs. I know I feel a lot better. I weighed 244 pounds three weeks ago, and I think I will weigh myself on Wednesday when you guys weigh yourselves. I am hoping for at least a 5 pound weight loss I just want to get into the 230's.

My 2 year old daughter kept me up all night sneezing and coughing from allergies. I get to work at 7:30 am and they just called me at daycare and said she has a fever and we need to come and pick her up. What a wonderful Monday!!!!

Luckily my husband is off today and he can go get her. Have a good day everyone!!!!
Old 10-07-2002, 11:02 AM   #17  
a work in progress...

Good Morning, fair ladies!

I just got back from working out at Curves...they finally opened one in my town, not 5 minutes from home. YAY! The other one isn't all that far, but the time that I used it fell right smack into rush hour and it took me forever to get there...I AM NOT A PATIENT GIRL! I HATE TRAFFIC! Boy, am I living in the wrong state! I think Montana would be good...but then I would be pissed off at having to drive so far to get anywhere...Catch 22...

Geez, I'm barely into this post and I'm already rambling...

Babette! Hi there! Has the 21 day challenge morphed into something else? I haven't noticed the board lately. Anyway good to "see" you...how are you doing? Pop in here anytime...we're always open!

Lucky I'm thinkin'! I'm thinkin'! Trying to come up with a catchy name that's not too cheesy..."Lucky's Duckies?" "2cuties Patooties?"

Tina, How goes it, chickie? I was thinking about you at work last night...so impressed with your resolve and determination, and I realized that we all start out that way...so excited about our new program and just so gung ho. Eventually, that newness wears off and it just becomes another chore, and this is where the resolve starts to fall by the wayside. And so we start to cheat...a little...and then a little more...until we get to the point where we think, "Well, that's it, I've blown it, once again. I'll never do this, I'm a failure, I may as well eat, it's the only thing that makes me happy." We need to find a way to work through those down days, and not get cought up in the same old cylcle of start/stop/crash/give up/start again. I once had a WW leader who made us all say together, at the beginning of every meeting, "You're in it for the long haul, baby!"

All of this is my way of saying, dear Tina, if you have a shitty day or two or three...write it down in that fancy schmancy journal!!! Write all the crappy feelings you are experiencing, as well as the good and write down what you may have eaten. Forgive yourself. And then move on.

This advice is for all of us, myself right at the top of the list! Hey, what the heck? We've tried it the other way and that didn't work...let's be kind to ourselves, we've been too demanding for so long. If it isn't done perfectly, it isn't worth doing at all, right? ...Don't we apply that to dieting? "I cheated and had a cookie, I blew it again, may as well empty the cookie jar and start again tomorrow...oh but it's the weekend, I'll wait til Monday." Exercise? "I'm so fat I can't do anything, my muscles will hurt then I won't be able to do it the next day. People will laugh at me. I can't afford a gym membership." blah blah blah...

I say it's time to STOP THE STINKIN' THINKIN'!!

Stepping off the soap box now... I can hear the collective sigh of relief!

I'm done now...I wanted to do replies to everyone, but I have run on long enough...so I'll just do that later, when I come back!

yeah, that's right...I'm comin' back...and I'm gonna keep on coming back til I get the job done!!! So there!

Off to bed I go...love you all...
Old 10-07-2002, 11:23 AM   #18  

Thumbs down

KatrinaBgood what a great message. You are so right though. I am so gung ho right now drinking my water and exercising but I know in a month I need to keep that same determination. I have never stopped working out but my eating was way out of control. It is amazing how many calories can sneak up on you in a day. I bet I was eating about 3000-4000 calories a day. I would have 2 (16 ounce Pepsi's) thats already almost 600 calories and I haven't even gotten to the food yet!!!

But I will not dwell on the past, I am going to keep going I am going to get into a size 14 if its the last thing I do!!!
Old 10-07-2002, 03:11 PM   #19  

Default Yeah it's Monday

Good day my fellow loser's,

Bein very busy this morning trying to catch up on the weekend mess, not that that's taken care of I can turn my attention to you guys, The weekend flewby so quick it doesnt even seem like I had to days off. I swear I'm busier at home than I am at work, my feet were killing me last night from being on them all day.

Well today is weigh in Monday for me, and I can hardly contain myself, Sorry If I gloat or bragg but I lost 5lbs last week and I'm so proud of myself. Just show's what a little hard work will get you, actually I don't find this dieting stuff to difficult anymore. I also bought the WATP one mile, and a pair of 2lb weights on Saturday, really enjoy the tape, very quick but hopefully effective. I will lose this weight.

Tina you go girl, sounds like a great idea, you may have a few people copying you hope you don't mind.

I need to boogey off for awhile will check in later, chow
Old 10-07-2002, 03:46 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Congrats on your 5 lb loss Duckie. That's awesome. I lost 2 more lbs this week. That's a total of 21 lbs since July 29. I also have the WATP tapes. I have the 1,2 and 3 mile as well as the weighted balls. They are great. Very good workout. I do the 3 mile on Mon, Wed, and Fri, the 2 mile on Tues and Thurs, and the 1 mile on Sat. I also try to go for a nice 45 min brisk walk when the weather is nice. Sunday is my free day although I just started a bowling league with my son. I never used to like exercising, but now, I don't feel right if I don't do it. I think my Christmas/ birthday present to myself this year is going to be a gym membership. I just can't afford it right now, but I usually get money from my family so I'll put it to good use. I want to start weight training and use some of the cardio machines. For now I'll keep doing what I've been doing because it seems to be working. Tina- your journal sounds like a wonderful idea and just the thing to get you back on track. You can and will do it. Well I've gabbed long enough.
Steph
Old 10-07-2002, 04:45 PM   #21  

Talking G'day My Sweets!

I have had a lovely morning. I'm off all day today save for this evening when I have to go for more volunteer training at the Sexual Assault Support Centre (SASC). A friend of mine dropped by for lunch and we chatted happily while eating yummy lite homemade chicken ceaser salad and sipping small skim milk cappaccinos. She is heavy too (and absolutely gorgeous... like a plus sized model) and trying to eat well so it was nice to have a healthy eating companion! I actually ended up giving her some of my "old" (as in bought 3 months ago) clothes that are too big! It was nice because I think it kinda seemed like Christmas for her... and it made me feel good to actually SEE where my old/newish clothes were going instead of just dropping them off in the Salvation Army bin!

Duckie! Oh my god! Congratulations! 5 pounds is awesome! You're doing SO well! A couple more weeks like that and you'll pass your mini-goal! Yahoo! I say, GO AHEAD AND BRAG! You've earned it!

Steph... Two more pounds down is awesome too! 21 pounds lost is a great total for just over a couple of months! It sounds like you're really going to town on that exercising too! It's great!

Baylee... We need to have party here when you finally have all your dentist's appointments finished! Yikes! They're no fun! By the way, I'm just as lost as you are when it comes to the papaya! I'm glad to hear that you're back on track and eating healthy! Just like Kat said, forgive yourself and move on! It's the only way to succeed!

Tontoy... Yikes! I totally can relate to you saying you had previously been eating like 3000-4000 calories a day! I musta been way up there too! I can't believe that I now consume about 1/3 or even a 1/4 of what I was before! And... I'm happier than I've been in a long time!

Kat... Wow! That's great that a Curves opened up so close to you! I'd LOVE that! SO convienent... can't have any excuses now! Seriously though, your exercise lately has been amazing!

Mary... Hi! Any news on a job for your son?

Well, gotta get to some SASC reading materials before I go to training tonight so I'm gonna jet! Be back later tonight!

Sara
Old 10-07-2002, 07:59 PM   #22  

Kat You are so funny…how about Kat’s Kitten’s….I was scared to come and post until I journaled…. Yep…I did it. Well, I still have a couple hours to go. I did my Sweat & Shout after work before posting here but couldn’t get out of bed at 5AM this morning so I missed my planned morning routine. You had better keep coming back even [size=4 ]after[/size] your job is done…we can’t go on without you!!!!

The drivers in the wide open spaces are WORSE than in any metro area. I drove in Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, and San Francisco…never got upset. Here they are lucky I don’t carry a gun. There aren’t many of them out here on the prairie but they drive terrible!!!!

Tonboy So true for me too…I think we sooooo underestimate the quantity we eat.

Duckie Yippee… for you….this is my for you!!!!

Steph Another loser…good for you…I guess I have to again!!!!!

Can you tell me more about the WATP’s….

I do aerobic tapes ( love how I act like I have been at it for years!!) but my feet hurt.

Off to eat chicken and lettuce….
Old 10-08-2002, 03:26 AM   #23  
Progress..not perfection

Unhappy A lot good......a little bad

.......that has been my day. So far, so good on my resolve. I drank my water, ate way within my points and I am about to do my WATP video right after this post.

I was very pleased when I went to the mall to weigh tonight. Well, not pleased...... but surprised, I guess is more the word. Of course I knew that I had gained some weight back since I left WW, but I thought.....honestly, that I had gained just about all of it back. The last time I went to WW, I weighed in at 288.5 and when I weighed last night, I weighed 311.1. I've only gained back 22.6 lbs. I don't want you to think I'm saying only 22.6 lbs. but that is far better than what I thought I had gained back. So that was definitely a plus.

Now here's the worm I found in the apple I called my day. Trey had a football game tonight. (that was good) They won the game. (that was good) BUT, here's the bad part: My Mom decided to go to the game and she brought Dad with her. She & I sat in the stands together (we were on the top row of concrete stair-type bleachers sitting in those fold out chairs) while Dad stood behind us, rattling his carkeys, making rude comments the entire game, such as........"Gee, how much longer is this going to last? I thought it was supossed to be over in an hour. If I come to one of these things again, I need some earplugs." Lovely things such as this. But here was the kicker. When the game was over, (which he declared, "Thank God.....let's go home") I stood up to fold the chairs my Mom & I were sitting in & as I was folding hers up, he looked at mine and pulled out the tag so he could see the part that said the chair could hold 225 lbs and that anyone over that weight sitting in the chair could not only cause damage to the chair but could cause physical damage to themselves and said, "Did you see this? I think you violated that limit Tina." I swear to God girls, if I hadn't of been in a crowd full of people, there is no telling what I would have said. I was so mad I wanted to die! Of course, my Mom was no help at all.....she said her usual feeble, "Oh Frank, leave her alone." I know it's wrong to hate........but I swear I come so close, it scares me.

But you know what? In the end, I won. Because I didn't cry. I didn't let it cause me to come home and eat in a frenzy. I'm trying my best to not even dwell on it, but I had to tell you because you understand. Dh was not there when he said it. If he had of been..............well, if he had of been, my Dad would not have said it. When I told dh what he said, he was so mad. I can't even repeat here what he said. Needless to say, I just put another nail in the coffin as far as my dh's feelings go towards my Dad. I try not to tell him when he says things, because he dislikes him so anyways.

Anyways, I will not let this get me down! HE will not get me down. From this point **** I will not think about it anymore tonight and I'm gonna get my butt off this computer and go do my walking video!! Thanks for listening!
Old 10-08-2002, 08:09 AM   #24  

Tina, I feel angry at your Dad too. Keep telling yourself he doesn't know any better, but you do. You are a good, kind person and that is very important. It is difficult when remarks come from our parents but you did the right thing. Tell us and get it out, then move on.

I have to go 'ditch walking' tonight so I will call that my exercise. We walk a four mile ditch area and pick up garbage. Anyone want to join the fun, we start at 4PM!!!

I did get up at 5AM and got in my 8 min Tae Bo and Yoga to start out my day. My body is so stiff I should do Yoga 24/7.
Old 10-08-2002, 09:59 AM   #25  

Default Just a Quickie...

I just have about two minutes before I have to get myself ready for...get this... a film shoot! A friend of mine's godmother is directing/producing an amateur film and I'm going to be one in the extras in the bar scene she's shooting today! I have to get all dolled up and head off to a local dance club... at 11:00 a.m! I have to take off a bit early to teach piano later this afternoon but I'm sure the scene will be rapping up by then. It's a vampire movie! Who knows? I might be an extra in the next "Blair Witch"!

I actually got an email from my mom this morning saying my sister got some really bad news about her Lupus yesterday and was too upset to call us and let us know! I'm SO worried! I'm going to call her in Calgary in a bit but I was waiting for a while because it's two hours earlier there than here! That's SO bad because she was just starting to come out of a relapse... and now I don't know what's going on! She's only 33, has a 2 year old...

Tina... I feel angry at your father too! He's so miserable! You are an amazing person to have survived his nastiness! While I know you don't like to fuel your hubby's rage with info about your dad, I think it's wonderful that your dh is so protective of you! It's nice to be loved, eh?

Well, I've gotta take off for now. Be back this evening.
Sara
Old 10-08-2002, 10:42 AM   #26  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Ladies,

I'm not trying to avoid you or anything. Things are just so hectic I haven't had more than a minute or two to post. I'm trying to stay OP but still not anywhere near as good as I'd like to be. Skipped my meeting again. I've got to force myself to get my $ss there next week!!!

Sara: I'll say a prayer for your sister. Have a great time as an EXTRA......What fun!

Tina: I used to have an uncle who always called me "Pudge" no matter where we were. It always made me sooo angry, but if I responded he'd just be worse. I finally told myself to consider Pudge an affectionate nickname and just ignore it. Guess what, when he stopped getting a response from me, he quit calling me by that name. He was one of these people that like to cause a ruckus.

DUCKIE, STEPH and anyone else who lost this week "HURRAY". Give yourself a pat on the back.

I have to get back to work now and I'm going to dinner and to see a road company perform South Pacific tonight.

I'll try to find time for a nice long post tomorrow. BYE!
Old 10-08-2002, 11:21 AM   #27  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning friends. How is everyone today.??

Tina... bless your heart. I know exactly what it was like for you. It is my mom that makes those kind of comments around me.... untill this last visit home. I offered several times to take my dad to see mom in the hospital. He always had some sort of excuse. Finally he said the walking was too much for him. (You have to walk miles practically). I told him I never expected him to walk to her room, that I would push him in a wheelchair just like my sister does for him. He paused.... then he said... "you're incapable to push me." I told him I was not unable to push him and I had been walking those halls 4 times a day for years now. It is no different than pushing a grocery cart. That hurt my feelings so bad. I was used to mom's constant remarks... but not my dads. Add that to him telling me how FAT my brother is getting and blowing up his cheeks.

Anyway.... I am sorry for going on about myself. I wanted to send {{{ HUGS }}} to you. At the next game if he comes simply say... "Dad, we come to 'enjoy' the game. If you can't enjoy it then please sit somewhere else so we can."

Got to run. Hello to all of you newbies. WELCOME !!!
I don't even recognize half of us anymore.
Old 10-08-2002, 01:05 PM   #28  
a work in progress...

Talking Howdy!

How is everyone today?? All's well on the Northeastern front...It is currently 58 degrees and just as sunny as can be! Oh, I love the fall! Leaves are just starting to change color...I WILL get out later for a good long walk with my doggy. She is LOVING the change in Mommy...all these walkies we've been taking!! I did get over to Curves this morning, I have been trying to do that and something else each day, but it is my fallback, in case I can't walk or get to the gym. I must say I have exercised EVERY DAY for the past 7 days in a row!

Tomorrow is WI...not Wisconsin... I know there will be something good, I can feel the difference in my scrubs...which are usually worn fairly baggy. I had a pair that was significantly tightening up around the "sub-gut" (the lovely roll under the belly button!) and it's definitely looser now! I can also see maybe one less chin. I have a scar underneath my chin that becomes visible when the chins grow. (from hanging down) . Pretty. Well, I think I've regaled you all with some lovely images of myself!!

Tina Good for you on getting past the insensitivity of your father. Consider him a perfect example of how NOT to treat your kids and move on. Ditto on how lucky you are to have such a protective, caring hubby. Focus on that, and not on what an your father is. You know what they say, "...you can't pick your family." {{{{HUGS}}}}

J-ann... I was wondering where you went! I love South Pacific! 'Some Enchanted Evening..." I wish I could make musical notes...Have fun...and get back to your meetings!

Sara... Can I have your autograph? That will be a lot of fun! A few years back, a friend and I were extras in "Turk 182." Our scene was filmed at Giants Stadium, here in NJ. We were dressed for a cold football game...IN JULY!! I like your scene better! Prayers for your sister, hon.

Lucky... I've heard of "streetwalking," but Ditchwalking? Hmmmm...hey! Whatever gets you moving! You go girl, with that journaling!

Duckie and Steph!! Our current LOSERS! WAY TO GO!!!

2cute... You always have the best advice...I know that comes from rising above similar situations and being the better person. I always look forward to your posts. Hope to see more of you, (and that you see *less* of yourself!)

Baylee... About the papaya, I was going to say probably you cut it like you do a mango. I haven't had papaya in ages! mmmmm! I DO love mangos...we get the HUGE case of them at CostCo and can go through that pretty quickly. Hope your mouth is feeling better!

Tontoy... Don't you LOVE when someone notices you've lost weight? Esp your dh...I hope your daughter is feeling better.

Mary... You've been very quiet lately...busy as usual, I'm sure...how is the library?

THIN!! Where the heck are you?? Speaking of busy women!! Pop in a bit and give us an update! Miss you!

MICHELLE!!! COME OUT, COME OUT, WHEREVER YOU ARE!! Now, I'll have to go grab Tina and Lucky and come kick YOUR butt! you see how well the threat worked on Tina?

If I missed anyone, forgive me...I have frittered a good hour away on this post! I still have to post my food and exercise @ WW. I had a great big 2 point omelet for brunch...3 egg whites (1), 1 tsp butter (1), mushrooms, spinach (0)...very filling!

See ya'll later! Have a great day.

PS...if you get some email telling you about a virus in your computer, coming from your address book, something about a teddy bear....it is a hoax. What the **** is wrong with people? Don't they have anything better to do than sit on the computer all day!?! not that I would know anything about THAT!

Be good...
Old 10-08-2002, 03:48 PM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Ok, I'm here for two minutes.

Had WI (not Wisconsin) yesterday and I am down 2 pounds! Now, before anyone gets too excited, two weeks ago, I was UP 3 pounds. So I'm just working on the same pounds one more time! Being down, however, has motivated me to continue to stay OP this week and see what happens. So far, I'm on day 2 and doing ok.

One more 'bra job' and I can call it done. Well, not really. I have 1 more box conversion to do, but I have taken on 2 more 'bra jobs' of a different nature for next week.

I was with mom all day yesterday, after WI. I took her to her echocardiogram and stress test appointments. You medical type people will understand this I guess. She couldn't do the tread mill or the arm kind of stress test so they gave her a drug for 4 minutes that was supposed to stress the heart, and then gave her the antidote for 2 minutes. Don't know how it works, just know that's what they did.

Afterwards, we stopped at Costco and I stocked up with freezer stuff. Stir Fry veggies, low fat Marco Polo stuffed chicken breasts, salmon, and cod. Now I have no excuse to eat out except like tonight where I have a 'dinner job'.

Anyway, gotta run. I'm headed to my mom's, the post office and then to hubby's work side of town for dinner.

You all have a great evening. I'll try to get back to some normal posting here pretty quick. I have such a hard time keeping my mouth shut as I read all your wonderful posts. I'm squirming in my seat not having time for individual replies. Please know that I'm keeping up with the reading and I think of you often. Love to all.
Old 10-08-2002, 04:43 PM   #30  

Default Where is everybody ???

Is everybody hiding, this place is awfully quite today, got into work a little late today, so I haven't been able to post till now.
Was up all night going to the washroom, did my excercises last night and then sat down and drank about a litre of water and then went to bed, so I was up at about 10:30 to go pee, and then again around 12, and about 4 more times during the night, everytime I went to the washroom, then climbed back into bed, I felt an incredible urge to go pee again, so I'd get up try to go pee but nothing was happening, so when I woke up this morning I figured I better go see the doctor, figure I had a bladder infection, and of course I was right. So I'm trying to chug down some cranberry juice and lots of water, I still feel like I have to go pee all the time, but a least I don't have the burning sensation. I was wondering if drink calorie reduced cranberrie juice will have the same effect as regular cranberrie juice, there's about 80 cal different, and I don't need to be wasting all my calories on juice. I also got some antibiotics, so It should clear up soon.

Did my excersise's and had 3 mini chicken wing's some boiled carrots and a cup of yams, not to bad for dinner last night. Today one of our contract oil haulers outfits put on a BBQ for our field office, so I had one buffalo buger, half a cup of potatoe salad and macaroni salad, not to bad I'm stuffed, but buffalo meat is alot healthier than beef, really lean, so not to bad will cut back on supper tonight.

Tina, there's not to much weight difference between us, I'll race you to our goal's, just kidding Take your time and don't let what others have to say discourage you, you are a beautiful person, we may have alot more to love, and those that can't except us the way we are, are shallow miserable people, there the one's with the problem. I just sorry that it seems to come from the people we love the most, family. They think their trying to help us by making comments, but it only drives us to want to eat more. Good for you, for not giving in and staying strong.

Sara sorry to hear about your sister, hope it's not to serious. Hope we get to see the movie in the future, you'll be the next buffy.

Kat, you always sound like you have so much energy, send some my way I can't wait to get some of this weight of so I can take my son swimming, I don't think I could right now, it would be to humiliating. Don't think I could make myself wear a bathing suit, can't even wear shorts, very self cautious over my tree stumps

Enough rambling for now, have a great day.

I see I'm page three, have we all agreed to make our thread longer, 4 or 5 pages sound good to me.

Last edited by Duckie25; 10-08-2002 at 04:51 PM.
Closed Thread