Have to share this

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So I work on Sat and Sun mornings and this morning I went to my first break and looked in the drawer for a spoon to eat my yogurt when i spied FOUR fortune cookies.. WHOHOO I felt like I had hit pay dirt, grabbed all four of them and was ready to see what my future held... unlike the tootsie roll caper I was able to catch myself and thought "what am I doing?" and put them back in the drawer.. man does my unconscious mind wreck havoc sometimes BUT not this time.. WHOHOOOO

Well I thought I would share that because I thought it was funny
  • That's awesome. Congrats.

Now go throw them away.
  • Oh yeah they are in the break room drawer, I won't see them again...hahahaha

Quote: That's awesome. Congrats.

Now go throw them away.
  • This is good, and shows a changed mind, one of the most important things for weight loss.
  • Heh heh, I do that a lot. I'll automatically reach out to grab some chocolate I hadn't expected to be there and find myself stopping in my tracks and literally asking myself out loud, "What am I doing?". It makes me laugh too. It's like I have this pre-programmed bionic claw
  • Awww... I was hoping you'd let us know what wonderful fortune you got!

Because that's what I'd do. Break them open, read the fortune, and give the cookie to my dog.

ETA: But that's awesome that you resisted the urge.
  • Now I had enough will power to put them back in the drawer if I had cracked them open then it would have been over, my eyes would have glassed over and those cookies would have been gone in a NY minute Lol

Quote: Awww... I was hoping you'd let us know what wonderful fortune you got!

Because that's what I'd do. Break them open, read the fortune, and give the cookie to my dog.

ETA: But that's awesome that you resisted the urge.
  • Haha... well then... good thing you put them back.

That sounds like me and ice cream. Ice cream is the one treat that doesn't mess up my stomach, my head, anything. And so... it's also the one thing I have a tendency to overeat.
  • My downfall that I cannot live without is Tropicana Orange Juice, I drink 8oz every morning but I could easily drink 24 oz if I wanted to, I love OJ so much, its good for you but if you drink too much the sugars will send the body out of sync

Quote: Haha... well then... good thing you put them back.

That sounds like me and ice cream. Ice cream is the one treat that doesn't mess up my stomach, my head, anything. And so... it's also the one thing I have a tendency to overeat.
  • awesome!!!!! proud moments
  • Ok so just a quick update, back at work this morning and went to the break room to put my lunch in the fridge, must have been a free for all in the snack department after I left yesterday..bags of chips and bottles of soda all over the counters.. yeah I slowly backed my way out of that room

I am not going in the break room anymore.. LOL
  • Awww.. the evils of break rooms. There is nothing like free food to test your resolve.

I know that this wouldn't work for a lot of people, but I've used the opportunity to try out food as my tastes are changing. I've found that the vast majority of the time when I have a real taste of something that I "think" I want that is higher calorie I end up thinking it is disgusting or not worth it.
  • Well good job!
  • Thank you everyone, luckily I am off for the next two days so I get to avoid the BREAK ROOM..

What a cute baby

Quote: Well good job!